• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 Canada |OT| Blatter's Last Voyage

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupei

Anyone have the coaches words?

They all talked about how Bassett has been an important part of their success and that they hope she will be remembered for that. Also talked a bit about how everyone counted them out before the tournament, so they're proud of their success and progress. But when the interviewer asked about being ready to take on Germany on Saturday, he sort of quietly scoffed; the last thing anyone wants to talk about after losing the semi-final is the third place match.

Don't have the exact words because I've actually become interested in this Fox Sports segment on girls learning to play in Jordan.

Not sure if I wanna watch Japan vs USA...'Murrica fans turn on their racist knob from 10% to Overdrive.

ugly-americans-on-facebook.jpg

pearl-harbor-twitter-japan-soccer-490x727.png

wow-wow-the-hangover.gif

Juicy Bob

And to give Japan credit, the last counter was beautifully done. The cross is excellent and a real scoring chance even if Laura Bassett didn't bury it.
Which is what makes it all the more cruel. Bassett had to make an attempt to intercept otherwise Japan would've had a genuine chance.

She's so unlucky.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Not sure if I wanna watch Japan vs USA...'Murrica fans turn on their racist knob from 10% to Overdrive.

So easy to cherry pick idiots on twitter with a simple keyword search. You're going out of your way to find hateful stuff like that

KHarvey16

Wait...why would the knowledge there are idiots on the internet make you not want to watch something on television? And why hasn't that fact prevented you from watching every match?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I still love them, I still respect them, but after that mistake it's going to be a while before I can watch another Football match.

The heart needs to heal after that.

Hopefully the UK soccer and FIFA put a heavy security detail on Bailey for the next few weeks. I know the UK is not Colombia but I'm sure Blatter doesn't want his last image to be another Andres Escobar.

What? No. Just... no. Respect has been given and respect is still had for all. Terrible bad luck is not going to going to lead to such a thing. I don't know why you could leap to such a thought.

Catdaddy

That hurt to watch, that just sucks.

Looks like at one point a camera was following her as she was walking with the coach and crying, and a hand pushed the camera away from them.

Hopefully the UK soccer and FIFA put a heavy security detail on Bailey for the next few weeks. I know the UK is not Colombia but I'm sure Blatter doesn't want his last image to be another Andres Escobar.
Relax, man. There is no chance something like that would happen.

Clydefrog

That hurt to watch, that just sucks.

Looks like at one point a camera was following her as she was walking with the coach and crying, and a hand pushed the camera away from them.

Yeah I think it was the hand of another England player telling the camera man to fuck off

elty

Kind of sad that only one of her teammate (Carney?) and the coach was with her. Her teammate desperately trying to get the whole team to come.

daxgame

In all honesty it sucks that Japan went through in such a lame way after talking trash before the match.
They cocky and talked shit and then won on a blown-call PK and then a freak-accident own goal. Fuck 'em.

They didn't, by the way. But that's the damage that an incompetent translator can do, yeah.

Mory Dunz

Aaaaaaaaaaaand now the 4-year long revenge has reached its peak! Get ready American fans! Its the match up we have been anticpating - USA vs Japan...AGAIN! USA! USA! Time to get revenge!
LLShC.gif

We already won the rematch in the Olympics 2012. Which is almost as competitive as the WC in the women's game. That need was satisfied for me

Briarios

If England can beat Germany, they'll go home proud ... well, they're already going home proud going further than anyone believed, but getting 3rd and beating the #1 team would be a slight consolation. I know no one wants to play the 3rd place match, but there's chance for some redemption.

Sandalphon said:
Hopefully the UK soccer and FIFA put a heavy security detail on Bailey for the next few weeks. I know the UK is not Colombia but I'm sure Blatter doesn't want his last image to be another Andres Escobar..

England is used to funny embarrassing footy moments, look at the men's side, lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMb0S8EQxTE

and here is compilation of heartache:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGhue2nFDcs

the Maradonna Hand of God probably ranks up there

She will be fine

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
England, man... you guys truly have some of the worst luck in football ever. I feel your pain.

Mohonky

So my DVR didn't record, maybe I set the timer wrong, I don't know, but went to watch the game and it's not there. So I had to watch the highlights.

England gonna England. You couldn't make that shit up. Do you guys and girls practice this shit at home or something? Failing spectacularly in a World Cup is such a well honored English tradition I don't know if you could say it's even coincidence at this point, I mean, you must be trying at it surely?

Anyway, USA vs Japan grudge match should be interesting.

Well guys we are getting close to the end

The 10 poster that would score own goals are.....

After the its all over remember you can still watch women's soccer. NWSL matches stream on youtube.

This is my highest position in a Wall of Shame ever

I'll try to keep an eye at the NWSL matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom