• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Five Top Female Players Accuse U.S. Soccer of Wage Discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arials

Maybe soccer is slightly different but women's pay in 99.9% of sports is not "punching a gift horse in the mouth". Every league pays it's players shit when they league is making significantly more than that.

Obviously I was talking about this specific situation not any others. I think wage caps and underpaid players is a very American thing, top (mens) football clubs pay a very high percentage of their turnover as wages to players.

I don't know what the current disparity is but at the end of the day the men will always get paid more than the women. The men have million dollar contracts with their domestic clubs and it's a risk for them to play for the national team, a significant injury could mean millions of lost income. If the USMNT wants to have the best players play, they have to incentivize the men to play for them. Meanwhile, the national team is by far the most notoriety they will ever get in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom