• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full DuckTales Cast Announced. David Tennant at Scrooge McDuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, first time I've seen it, and I've been following things pretty closely. I just have no idea who the actress playing her is.
She played Hayley in Castle and was bloody brilliant. Shame she was only in the last season though.

Apparently her biggest role was in this show called The Neighbors but I never watched it.

Platy

The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck has been collected in full by Fantagraphics
For anyone looking for a proper X-mas gift.

Which reminds me .... this series has 2 1 hour episodes ..... one is obviously the first episode but what is the second ?

WHAT IF it is an adaptation of life and times of scrooge mcduck ?

Blues1990

Which reminds me .... this series has 2 1 hour episodes ..... one is obviously the first episode but what is the second ?

WHAT IF it is an adaptation of life and times of scrooge mcduck ?
Given how Scrooge & Donald strongly resemble their Carl Barks comic book counterparts for this show, it wouldn't surprise me that several stories from both Barks & Rosa's respective runs will be adapted. I personally would like an adaptation of 'Lost in the Andes' & 'Seven Cities of Gold'.

TimmiT

The only confirmed characters besies the one in the casting is Donald Duck, Duckworth, Gyro Gearloose and "vampy sorceress/LGBT icon Magica De Spell"

From the article in the OP:
They’ll join other beloved characters Donald Duck, Flintheart Glomgold, Gyro Gearloose, Duckworth, Gizmoduck, Magica DeSpell, Gladstone Gander, and Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys.

CoolOff

She's called Magica De Spell in English? Damn, I always thought the Swedish name was untranslated. She's Magica de Hex here.

Makonero

They definitely seem to be going all out for this. I'm glad they're treating this with proper respect with regards to cast, season length, quality of writers, etc.

Platy

She's called Magica De Spell in English? Damn, I always thought the Swedish name was untranslated. She's Magica de Hex here.

In Brazilian Portuguese she is called Maga Patalógica witch rougly translates to ducklogic magician ... But ducklogic with a close resemblance to "pathological"

bjork

Scrooge is the not-so-secret best Disney character. I'm ready for this.

This is shaping up really well.

Also, this guy is going to make an appearance isn't he? I hate him.

LYTJ2i6.png

This dude rules. He has the most punchable face, but if you tried, he'd bend down just in time for you to miss as he picks up an airplane ticket to Hawaii or a bag of money or something lucky like that. His old voice was pretty perfect. It was a punchable voice, even.

Platy

Given how Scrooge & Donald strongly resemble their Carl Barks comic book counterparts for this show, it wouldn't surprise me that several stories from both Barks & Rosa's respective runs will be adapted. I personally would like an adaptation of 'Lost in the Andes' & 'Seven Cities of Gold'.

Lost in Andes will be hilarious even if just to see the reaction of the post-minecraft world xD

From the article in the OP:
They’ll join other beloved characters Donald Duck, Flintheart Glomgold, Gyro Gearloose, Duckworth, Gizmoduck, Magica DeSpell, Gladstone Gander, and Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys.

Gizmoduck is all I need !

Firebrand

Did Gladstone ever appear in the old Duck Tales TV show or comics? Seems like an odd inclusion unless Donald's going to be a regular too.

How about including John. D. Rockerduck too? X)

s4TTJPG.png

Did Gladstone ever appear in the old Duck Tales TV show or comics? Seems like an odd inclusion unless Donald's going to be a regular too.

Gladstone appears a lot in the Barks run. I do recall seeing him in an episode or two of Duck Tales.

s4TTJPG.png
Gladstone gander was but very sparingly. Donald wasn't really in much either, he was in smaller stuff and I think the movie.

btrboyev

Ummm...not feeling it. The voice actors from the original aside from Scrooge are all still around. Should have used them.

Ooh, found this playlist on Youtube that has the opening song in the different languages it was released in!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWK-VlHktL4e3zhFLoiCWS9qhciRIWWYq

This dude rules. He has the most punchable face, but if you tried, he'd bend down just in time for you to miss as he picks up an airplane ticket to Hawaii or a bag of money or something lucky like that. His old voice was pretty perfect. It was a punchable voice, even.

He is the embodiment of all the unfairness in this world.

Cv5ArlR.jpg

It'll be weird not hearing Alan Young voice Scrooge, assuming I ever actually watch this. I do wonder what Tennant's take on it will be.

Mr.Ed reruns on Nick at Nite and Duck Tales were fairly prominent in my childhood. Though to be honest I didn't realize Wilbur voiced Scrooge until years and years later.

Blues1990

Lost in Andes will be hilarious even if just to see the reaction of the post-minecraft world xD

The story itself is sheer lunacy, as there's a law in "Plain Awful" for it's forbidden to produce any round objects in the valley, or else capital punishment is issued. Really, Barks stories are a goldmine to unearth, & I hope this series does well enough that we get a mixture of old & new stories. (Wasn't there a Christmas-themed Barks story where Donald & Scrooge try to one-up each other for their nephews affection of who's the better duck? There was a point where Scrooge & Donald had a fight in a construction yard, while piloting a pair of hydraulic excavators.)

Firebrand

Interesting how the european portuguese and the brazilian portuguese (that this playlist does not have) are SO different ...

like the brazilian portuguese is "DUCKTALES !" and the european is "PATOS!" (ducks!)

It changed title once in Sweden... started out as "Ankliv" (Duck Life) then became "Knatte Fnatte och Tjatte på äventyr" (Adventures of Huey, Dewey and Louie).

Richie

The story itself is sheer lunacy, as there's a law in "Plain Awful" for it's forbidden to produce any round objects in the valley, or else capital punishment is issued. Really, Barks stories are a goldmine to unearth, & I hope this series does well enough that we get a mixture of old & new stories. (Wasn't there a Christmas-themed Barks story where Donald & Scrooge try to one-up each other for their nephews affection of who's the better duck? There was a point where Scrooge & Donald had a fight in a construction yard, while piloting a pair of hydraulic excavators.)

There is, and sakes alive, is it one of the most glorious Christmas tales ever produced under the Disney banner.

I agree with you ever so deeply, Blues. For the love of everything that's pure, please have them adapt Barks stories a plenty, please.

He is the embodiment of all the unfairness in this world.

Cv5ArlR.jpg

Funnily enough this specific panel comes from the one time he used his powers for good in a Barks story.

There is, and sakes alive, is it one of the most glorious Christmas tales ever produced under the Disney banner.

I agree with you ever so deeply, Blues. For the love of everything that's pure, please have them adapt Barks stories a plenty, please.

I was wondering why this seemed familiar, given that I haven't read this particular comic, but the Tintin movie copied this idea for its final battle.

Also, Donald is already likely to be a major character, from the promotional art. That means Gladstone can be used the way he was intended to be used, as opposed to how DuckTales tried to handle him.

Richie

I was surfing through Tumblr and came across this

"I am playing Dewey in the new Ducktales TV show! DUCKTALES IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE TV SHOWS OF ALL TIME! I grew up on these characters. In elementary school, I would race home after school every day, make mac and cheese (I wasn’t lactose intolerant yet) and watch the Disney Afternoon at David and Jose Fernandez’s house in Riverdale. We watched the show, played the Nintendo game, re-watched the movie, all of it. My ringtone a few years ago was the Moon theme from the Ducktales video game which maybe one person ever got. So, I am incredibly excited to be a part of this show. A few hours ago, they announced the main cast and it’s magic. Scrooge McDuck- David Tennant, Huey- Danny Pudi, Dewey- Me, Louie- Bobby Moynihan, Webby Vanderquack- Kate Micucci, Launchpad McQuack- Beck Bennett, Mrs. Beakley- Toks Olagundoye and you will be pumped to find out who is playing the amazing guest cast for Donald Duck, Flintheart Glomgold, Gyro Gearloose, Duckworth, Gizmoduck, Magica DeSpell, Gladstone Gander, and Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys. I can’t wait for this thing to come out. Frank Angones and Matthew Youngberg are gonna make you smile. For now you can watch us all sing the theme song above. Woo-oo!"

Wait wait wait, Donald mentioned as part of the "guest" cast? I thought he was going to be a regular this time?

If he's been downplayed to a guest again that's a lot of my hype gone right there. Here's hoping it's a misunderstanding.

Would they actually get someone OTHER than Tony Anselmo for Donald? Still the idea of who could be voicing some of the other characters is definitely intriguing. Doctor Who joke aside, Peter Capaldi would make for an AMAZING Glomgold.

Richie

Would they actually get someone OTHER than Tony Anselmo for Donald?

Only way in which I see Tony being recast is if they want to do to Donald's voice what they did to the nephews' in the original series, making it easier to understand. But I don't believe this because Tony could still take over the reins doing a different voice than usual, PLUS in that theme tune video you can clearly hear Donald's ducky voice at the very end.

It's the "guest" part that concerns me. Growing up with Barks' comics, I -liked- the original Ducktales but wasn't a fan of Donald being left out. This time, everything seemed to point to the staff reincorporating Donald as a central part of the cast. I really hope that is still the case, hell of a missed opportunity otherwise.

Platy

The weird "LGBT icon" description for Magica makes me think it will be someone like Ru Paul, Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) or Lady Gaga that will dub her =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom