• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 6 Official Announcement Trailer is coming December 5, 9am ET

Moses85

No absolute fucking way that is gonna look that good.

But i'm happy to eat crow if that happen...
Season 7 Episode 3 GIF by The Big Bang Theory

Suspicious Season 6 GIF by This Is Us

Shubh_C63

No absolute fucking way that is gonna look that good.

But i'm happy to eat crow if that happen...
yeah I think its fake. One of the clip I remember were from the Crew cinematic or something. Where the guy looks in the side mirror while driving on a highway.

hlm666

I watched the trailer in my phone so everything looked pristine, i need to watch it on my oled tv.

Some parts were more impressive than others like the first person driving scene or the hobo part.
yeh I don't know where those more impressive looking parts are from but i checked and those pink/blue neon parts seem to be ripped out of the natural vision trailer, bookmarked here.

Elios83

Really curious to see the direction they're going with this game and of course the graphics.
Regardless it will be a huge event.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
That "leaked trailer" is fake of course, it has moment from Watch dogs 2 CG trailer soooooo...

BUT

This one is legit (not a trailer, it's the game):

Last edited:

Fredrik

I wonder if Rockstar will be announcing GTA 6 as current-gen console only release with PC coming 1 or even 2 years down the line.

If yes, then our PC bros reaction will not be too far from this one...

mcmahon-crying-he-was-special.gif
Don’t they always do late PC versions?
I wouldn’t expect anything else. They want people to double dip, console first then PC later for ray tracing or something like that, Switch 2 version for triple dipping.
Sony probably snagged some timed exclusivity on console as well. Poor Geoff with the internet going down just days before his event was supposed to start 😢

YCoCg

That "leaked trailer" is fake of course, it has moment from Watch dogs 2 CG trailer soooooo...

BUT

This one is legit (not a trailer, it's the game):

People have managed to get some of the text from this, if it's true then it's running in Performance Mode 1440p, using FSR to upscale to 2160p.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I've seen the new leak.
It's just more gta 5 lol.

meh. gta 4 wasincredible. Amazing tech and physics at the time, fantastic characters and gaempaly. gta5 was worse for me on all fronts.
the ps5 version of gta5 finally looks good. I always had some visual problems with that game on any platform but their taa and other small improvements are good on new consoles... but it's still not gta4 when it comes to evening light and physics

amigastar

I've seen the new leak.

meh. gta 4 wasincredible. Amazing tech and physics at the time, fantastic characters and gaempaly. gta5 was worse for me on all fronts.
the ps5 version of gta5 finally looks good. I always had some visual problems with that game on any platform but their taa and other small improvements are good on new consoles... but it's still not gta4 when it comes to evening light and physics
GTA V is fine to me as it is, i just make sure to install a Ragdoll mod when i'm playing it again. In that regard GTA IV was better. Also driving physics are not better in GTA IV than V. The Driving physics have wider range from mud to rainy to dry.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
GTA V is fine to me as it is, i just make sure to install a Ragdoll mod when i'm playing it again. In that regard GTA IV was better. Also driving physics are not better in GTA IV than V. The Driving physics have wider range from mud to rainy to dry.
driving physics are infinitely better to me in gta 4.
But graphics and physics aside, I much prefer niko and his story. It's darker and more grounded.

Wtf is gta 5 about? I finished that game. Who the fuck knows. 3 characters are so disjointed too

amigastar

driving physics are infinitely better to me in gta 4.
But graphics and physics aside, I much prefer niko and his story. It's darker and more grounded.

Wtf is gta 5 about? I finished that game. Who the fuck knows. 3 characters are so disjointed too
Thats a matter of preference
Story is better in GTA IV i agree.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Thats a matter of preference
Story is better in GTA IV i agree.
yeah of course it is. gta 5 is more arcade and snappy. Way easier to drive "more fun". I have to agree. 5 reminds me of sleeping dogs (which I liked more than gta 5 too but it didn't age well)
But I loooove the heavy boat suspension feel of the cars and euphoria in 4.

also. youtube is doing gods work recommending me gold today

nani17

are in a big trouble
So this is being passed around online and has been removed over and over. Not sure how true it is but a small video could be bs but might as well post

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So this is being passed around online and has been removed over and over. Not sure how true it is but a small video

It seems to be leaked by the son of the Art Director.
Another billion fake leaks before the trailer even hits the surface - GTA fan base is hilariously predictable.
We had very big leaks for GTAV, RDRII and pretty much every R* game so not surer what you mean. Of course some are gonna use the hype to do bullshit but there is still some legit leaks.

Thaimasker

I've seen the new leak.

I don't see how you can parse it just being more GTAV from a 7 second video showing clouds and buildings from what will be a 2-3 year old build( by the time to game releases) with scaled down graphics. I mean, of course it takes place in a city lol.

It seems to be leaked by the son of the Art Director.

We had very big leaks for GTAV, RDRII and pretty much every R* game so not surer what you mean. Of course some are gonna use the hype to do bullshit but there is still some legit leaks.

Nah - GTA specifically has had a strong culture of fake leaks - mostly because the fan base is dominated by so many teenagers with a lot of time on their hands, there's several Youtubers who've made a career out of covering fake GTA leaks and "rumours" as well.

Well at least its the studio head son leaking this. Sorta like if Neil Druckman child leaked tlou part 3. What you gonna do? Fire the boss before the game is out?

Leak looks pretty decent. Getting a high and good resolution in perf mode means quality mode is gonna be a sight to behold.

Top Bottom