• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 (seemingly) Playble Start to End - Ninja Theory Tweets Update

nial

Gold Member
If there’s any relation to the topic involving Microsoft in anyway gaf is just so damn negative.

Used to love talking about games on here somewhat objectively… I personally don’t like reset but at least they are somewhat objective.
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

go back.

DryvBy

Does it consist of a character standing still and talking for 4 hours to some imaginary figure and then the cut scene ends and that's the full game? Just kidding. Hopefully it'll be good but I have doubts.

The first game was a POS that was more of an experience than a game. I couldn't care less that MS bought them lol

BbMajor7th

Gold Member
100 of miles of Iceland in 5-6 hours tops.
What a feat of engineering.
Man, I miss being excited about UE5... I remember when it was first revealed, saying you're game was being developed for UE5 was a major boon, now it just makes me think of Immortals of Aveum and Remnant II. Fingers crossed for Lords of the Fallen.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Nobody thought it was near finished when it was revealed, and we already know it's bigger and more ambitious than the original.
Nothing in the reveal talked about the scope or how open the title is.

IKR, They literally said it was in "very early development" when they announced it. I also would be shocked if was a true open world and not something with a linear structure, unless they have changed things up a lot from the first game.

Roberts

I enjoyed the first game. I mean, obviously the fighting is just about as basic as it can get and the puzzles are not exactly groundbreaking, but dramatically it went places games pretty much never go and it was clear the developers did shit-ton of research on mental illness which is kind of cool. Awesome sound design, too. So, it was a solid 6 hour experience and I'm kind of hoping the sequel either improves on pure gameplay aspects or keeps the narrative bloat-free because I don't think a game like this could work if it is even half as long.

coffinbirth

What else would Ninja Theory be talking about.
A game that had a trailer a year before Hellblade 2 was even announced to be in pre-production. Project: Mara

I have no proof of this, to be clear...but a couple of things are weird here. First being that they blurred the screen. An odd thing to do in conjunction with not actually stating the name of the game in question. Second being that this is clearly "B-team" in terms of numbers. Hellblade 2 team is about 100 people. Project: Mara team is 40. And lastly, pretty early to be doing something like this for a game that likely won't release until Q3 2024.

Plus, Microsoft seem to be keen on shadow drops this year, having done it twice already.

Ozriel

M$FT
and I think the reason people are going all nutter butters over this game is purely cause it's exclusive.

…quite a significant number of people were going ‘nutter butters’ about the original game in the GAF OT from 2017.

Second being that this is clearly "B-team" in terms of numbers. Hellblade 2 team is about 100 people. Project: Mara team is 40.

Those team counts are fluid, and you can be sure everyone at the studio has had their hands in both those games.

And lastly, pretty early to be doing something like this for a game that likely won't release until Q3 2024.

Many Games are playable start to finish even a year away from release.

coffinbirth

…quite a significant number of people were going ‘nutter butters’ about the original game in the GAF OT from 2017.

Those team counts are fluid, and you can be sure everyone at the studio has had their hands in both those games.

Many Games are playable start to finish even a year away from release.
They've been working on both games for over three years, but the influx of developers went to double the Hellblade 2 team.

There should probably be more than 40 people in that room for Hellblade 2 is what I'm saying.

This is just a Ninja...Theory of mine, nothing more. I'll show my self out.

Beechos

This was my most hyped xbox game but it's steadily losing steam. All this time and hardly any info just facial animations and that one gameplay trailer.

Top Bottom