• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 18 - 24 Apr

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Crow for anyone?

Crow for Everyone!

How many portable games have ever sold 180,000 in one week?

Nintendo is probably working on 9 new versions after this sale through.

If Nintendogs shows legs and continues to rack up sales, heck I wouldn't be surprised if they released a single new breed version for the holidays.

OK, well maybe not that quickly, but I'd say another batch of Nintendoggies has been greenlit now if it wasn't already.

Really impressive. They really know what they're doing.

I hope this translates well to NOE and NOA though. That should be a serious concern. They've done well by getting a 5 month jump on Sony in Europe. I own Mario, Wario, Polarium, Feel the Magic -- other than that, the lineup is seriously crap at the moment. I've already imported Yoshi Touch & Go and been playing that for a few weeks. I am itching to import everything else at the moment too. Give me some new dates at least Nintendo!

Gessle

Great numbers for both DS and Nintendogs.

Now give me Nintencats, Nintenhorses, Nintencows and Nintensheep! I want to own a virtual farm! :D

duckroll

Gessle said:
Great numbers for both DS and Nintendogs.

Now give me Nintencats, Nintenhorses, Nintencows and Nintensheep! I want to own a virtual farm! :D

Fuck you, all we need are Nintenducks! :lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The chart was posted early this week and I missed posting it. :(
Since nobody else posted it yet, here you go.

LTD's
DS - 2,171,906
PSP - 1,230,128
DS Lead - 941,778

I can't wait to see JoshuaJSlone's post about the meet up date. :lol

koam

To be fair, a PSP CANNOT be considered a competent MP3 device out of the box. You need an additional memory card that's at least 256mb to get you enough music to last you an hour or so. That's another $50 or so at an average store.

Now imagine what effect Zelda will have on GC sales.

FE tripled them
Zelda will i can't think of a word to describe quadrupley triplify doublitastic

duckroll

koam said:
To be fair, a PSP CANNOT be considered a competent MP3 device out of the box.

This is true.

You need an additional memory card that's at least 256mb to get you enough music to last you an hour or so. That's another $50 or so at an average store.

This is not.

Another edition of TRUTH and FICTION from duckroll! :D

ThongyDonk said:
Now imagine what effect Zelda will have on GC sales.

FE tripled them
Zelda will i can't think of a word to describe quadrupley triplify doublitastic

I don't want to go overboard with the guestimates, but I reckon a game like Zelda could push Gamecube sales into... 5 figures. Can you imagine? Well, imagine if you will:

Week Ending 19th October 2005 (for argument's sake)
DS - 29,000
PS2 - 28,000
PSP - 12,000
GC - 10,000
Xbox - 20

Ahhh... good times ahead.

amrum

xavean1 said:
DSvspsp.jpg

You should add a puppy barking :D

Gaz Ultra! said:
I don't want to go overboard with the guestimates, but I reckon a game like Zelda could push Gamecube sales into... 5 figures. Can you imagine? Well, imagine if you will:

Week Ending 19th October 2005 (for argument's sake)
DS - 29,000
PS2 - 28,000
PSP - 12,000
GC - 40,000
Xbox - 11

Ahhh... good times ahead.

Fixed

gameboya

u_neek said:

LLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOO

OMG, I lost it here at work. That is classic. I mean, oh my god, I can barely type. HAHAHAHAH :lol :lol :lol :lol

FnordChan

almokla said:
bet bet bet bet betting..

Nintendogs 2 by next year

Man, way to go out on a limb there with your prediction. With these kinds of sales, Nintendo is going to publish a goddamned menagerie of pet simulations featuring every single animal they can possibly imagine. Expect to see these any day now:

nintendolphins.jpg

nintendodos.jpg

nintenjackalopes.jpg

FnordChan

CrisKre

HEY NINTENDOLPHINS COULD WORK ;)

WOA, Nice going NCL!

I somehow can picture champagne corcks flying all around Nintendo Japan at this point and Mr. Iwata and Miyamoto in a hot Jacuzzi with hot asian mistresses.

BTW I LOVE my DS now. Yoshi´s Touch & Go has grown so much with me it aint funny, and I cant wait for the great games comming out in the next few months (Kirby, Meteos, Another, VJoeS, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, jump SS, Adv Wars, Castlevania, Goemon, Metroid, Sonic and of course: TEHHHHHHH PUPPIES!!!!!!- Seriosly, my wallet will bleed! Most games Ill buy for ANY system this year)

I would buy Nintendolphin!

I used to love Ecco

Dolphins are quite intelligent and perform, so it could similarly have training/competitions etc. Nice!

My wallets already bleeding, I just got Polarium, and now I gotta wait for the other two games coming out here.

Its good that the DS is up, good for it.

Though I dont think I'll be getting Nintendogs when it comes over here for quite awhile.

Those Ds numbers are amazing. And the daily charts are showing that Nintendogs is dominating.

Didnt squareenix said they only bring out their blockbuster games to the biggest userbase?
In the portable games industry the the ds has a bigger userbase than the Psp. Could this mean that a DW or a new FF may be in the works for the Ds?

I bet a lot of third parties are paying close attention to how as of late the Ds is dominating the Psp. Sony am scared.

Top Bottom