• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk about graphics! State of Play!!

HighPoly

Banned
Well, FF7 Rebirth finally reach Advent Children graphics in real time !

Spider Man 2 is a good example for GTA 6, because Spider 2 is so unbelieveble more dense and more alive !
This is what I hope to see in GTA 6, a little bit better graphics with a giant world !!

AVATAR is amazing too, Can't wait to play that Far Cry game !

Last edited:

Tsaki

The difference between the Rebirth showings now and at SGF is quite noticeable. Wonder how old was the footage they gave Keighley.

Fbh

They look nice but nothing mindblowing.
I hope rebirth has a performance mode that doesn't have to drop to 720p like FFXVI

HighPoly

Banned
FF7 Rebirth Square finally achieved the CGI visual look they've been shooting for.
yeah, and we know some 2000's CGi stills with amazing cloth physics that we didn't make in real time yet...
but in terms of textures, animations, lighting and effects we're miles ahead

Go_Ly_Dow

They look nice but nothing mindblowing.
I hope rebirth has a performance mode that doesn't have to drop to 720p like FFXVI
Remake Intergrade on PS5 ran at a native 2160p locked 30fps with graphics upgrades + 1512p locked 60fps with no graphical compromises.

So not concerned for Rebirth given they're using the same tech but with more experience.

Last edited:

GeoramA

Spider-Man 2 and Rebirth all looked great of course, but I was shocked at how good Avatar looks. Looks like it could be a first-party game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nothing blew me away, but I guess that's just not a thing that will happen anymore. Many games do look very nice, it's just that they look like PS4.5 games.

Reactions: Fbh

Fbh

Remake Intergrade on PS5 ran at a native 2160p locked 30fps with graphics upgrades + 1512p locked 60fps with no graphical compromises.

So not concerned for Rebirth given they're using the same tech but with more experience.

True, but the thing I've seen multiple times this gen (specially with next gen only games as opposed to cross gen ones) is devs completely tanking performance and resolution for neglectable graphical improvements.
I hope this isn't one of those cases. FF7R part 1 one also had very small playable areas constantly connected by forced walking, this one seems to have way bigger environments which will be more demanding too.

At least FFXVI was a different team and engine so one having poor performance doesn't have the mean the other one will.

Top Bottom