• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nana On Sha making Tamagotchi DS!

jarrod

Banned
The End said:
Isn't Na Na On Sha owned by Sony?

I guess not.
Evidently not. I think people too often assume small JP developers are Sony owned (it's happened with Matrix, Level 5, MediaVision, Pixel Arts and plenty of others before).

jarrod

Banned
The End said:
It's not a bad assumption when a dev has only made sony-published games for sony systems.
I dunno... people tend to do the same for Nintendo (Camelot, Alpha Dream, Skip, Factor 5, etc). I think it's safest to assume developers are "free agents" until proven otherwise.

olimario

Banned
The End said:
It's not a bad assumption when a dev has only made sony-published games for sony systems.

Sure it is. Smaller devs will usually develop for the system with the largest userbase because of the higher potential sales.

ziran

wow! this could be big and could also appeal to the non gamer element of ds if it's simple [but deep] and rewarding, in the same way nintendogs is.

FoneBone

olimario said:
Sure it is. Smaller devs will usually develop for the system with the largest userbase because of the higher potential sales.
You seem to have missed the phrase "Sony-published"

jarrod

Banned
FoneBone said:
You seem to have missed the phrase "Sony-published"
Problem is, a lot of these companies get games published by others... it just never gets reported in the western media. Sega's Astal for example was co-developed by MediaVision, yet we only heard about them doing Gunner's Heaven or WildARMs for Sony. As such, a lot of people think MediVision's a Sony owned developer when they're not.

I can't wait to bury the DS in a drawer under some towels in an attempt to drown out the cries of my dying virtual creature, long after I've lost interest.

Well, that's what I did my with keychain tamagotchi.

pipichu

Maybe because In'm still half asleep, but I read the title as "Nana on Shaman King Tamagotchi DS". I was like 'wha?!?'.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I read it as Sha-na-na making Tamagotchi DS :\

Anyway, this makes me want a Parapa(like) game on the NDS. That would be cool.

Takosuke

The End said:

And what about their Wonderswan Color game ?

Anyway, is this game only about brushing teeth ? :/

We need a sequel to Umjammer Ramy >_<

sammy

OK, very interested ----------- Tamagotchi Dinistry!!!??? Nana On Sha?!?! *preorder*

Man.... this has the potential to do so insanely-fucking well.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Tomagatchi games can make a MAJOR come-back with the DS because of the design of the system. Both Touch screen and dual screen lend themselves heavily to these types of games.........and RTS's. I want developers to flood the DS with 2D RTS's some Red Alert, Total Anihilation and Starcraft would be fukin killer.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Kind of surprising, seeing as how close NaNa-On Sha have been to Sony before. Hell, they even worked on software for Sony's robot dog Aibo. But then, there's the Wonderswan Color game...guess they want to try something new (well, they always seem to want that).

Which makes me kind of disappointed seeing a Tamagotchi game. :/
I have a hard time imagining they'll take the concept far enough to make me interested...even if they are NaNa-On Sha. But if they succeed and get good sales, I'll be happy about it. They've been in a slump game-wise the past years.

Top Bottom