• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2022-2023 Regular Season and Playoffs lOTl

Who will win the NBA championship?

• Warriors

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Suns

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nuggets

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Wizards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nets

• Bulls

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Mavericks

• Jazz

• Clippers

• Cavaliers

• Heat

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 76ers

• Lakers

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Grizzlies

• Trailblazers

• Knicks

• Hornets

• Raptors

• Thunder

• Celtics

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Kings

• Bucks

• Spurs

• Pacers

• Hawks

• Total voters

Celcius

°Temp. member
Looks like Draymond is suspended for game 3. I bet Warriors let him go after this season.

I never saw the Hawks getting out of the first round but Clippers vs Suns looks like a good series.

Last edited:
Deservedly so.
Praying that Draymond's absence won't affect Curry's scoring too much because he may be too concentrated on playmaking.
I have him as top scorer in this series as last leg for a big payout.
Hoping for at least 40 from Curry in game 3 or 4.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Draymond is dirty, smh
I can't be a Warriors fan until he's off the team. LIGHT THE BEAM!

Love it.

But he didn't even do it hard. And Sabonis is big stocky guy. He can handle it.

Now if you really want to feel a stomp, my bro who is 10 years older than me stepped on me when I was probably 8 and he was 18. I real walk on stomp too. I think I pissed him off that day.

As a Mavs fan with his team embarrassingly missing the playoffs, I am adopting the Clippers as my team for the postseason. Always respected them when Dallas lost to them in back to back playoffs, and it would be nice to see Russ win one. Doesn't hurt that their first opponent are those bitch ass Suns. So far though, idk. The Clippers are definitely deeper, but KD and Booker are just so good together.

NickFire

As a Mavs fan with his team embarrassingly missing the playoffs, I am adopting the Clippers as my team for the postseason. Always respected them when Dallas lost to them in back to back playoffs, and it would be nice to see Russ win one. Doesn't hurt that their first opponent are those bitch ass Suns. So far though, idk. The Clippers are definitely deeper, but KD and Booker are just so good together.
If you live where Dallas would be considered the home team, can you shed some light on what the chatter is like about them on sports radio (etc.)? Interested to know if people are swearing them off altogether. Not in a rah rah for my team kind of way. I just can't remember anyone taking tanking to the level of intentionally missing the playoffs before.

If you live where Dallas would be considered the home team, can you shed some light on what the chatter is like about them on sports radio (etc.)? Interested to know if people are swearing them off altogether. Not in a rah rah for my team kind of way. I just can't remember anyone taking tanking to the level of intentionally missing the playoffs before.

We have three local sports talk stations, including the one that carries all of the Mavs games. One is trash, but the two that I listen to were shitting all over the Mavericks. The biggest station (one of the biggest sports stations in the country, KTCK) was extremely anti-Cuban and basically have been calling him out on his bullshit as well as the rest of the front offices BS. They basically hung Kidd out to dry with their comments.

I think it might be awhile before people really say enough is enough, mostly because they did just reach the WCF and have Luka. But people are definitely fed up with the FO making very shitty roster moves and building bad rosters.

NickFire

We have three local sports talk stations, including the one that carries all of the Mavs games. One is trash, but the two that I listen to were shitting all over the Mavericks. The biggest station (one of the biggest sports stations in the country, KTCK) was extremely anti-Cuban and basically have been calling him out on his bullshit as well as the rest of the front offices BS. They basically hung Kidd out to dry with their comments.

I think it might be awhile before people really say enough is enough, mostly because they did just reach the WCF and have Luka. But people are definitely fed up with the FO making very shitty roster moves and building bad rosters.
I don't blame the fans / radio hosts for one second. I would have been irate if I had season tickets. Cuban got off easy IMO with the 750k fine. A fine for general tanking by an already crap team makes sense to me. But quitting when still in playoff contention, after making an "all in" move is beyond inexcusable IMO.

Now for the rah rah part. :messenger_open_mouth:

As a fan of the Celtics, every time I hear someone speculate over Jaylen Brown's long term plans, I ask the universe to please pull strings with lottery gods and give Dallas # 11 this year. My thought process is that Dallas cannot really afford to not keep Kyrie. And Kyrie cannot get a supermax without Dallas. And Luka probably had enough of Kyrie by now, or will soon enough. And Jaylen likes Kyrie as I understand. And Luka would look much better in green. :messenger_alien:

I don't blame the fans / radio hosts for one second. I would have been irate if I had season tickets. Cuban got off easy IMO with the 750k fine. A fine for general tanking by an already crap team makes sense to me. But quitting when still in playoff contention, after making an "all in" move is beyond inexcusable IMO.

Now for the rah rah part. :messenger_open_mouth:

As a fan of the Celtics, every time I hear someone speculate over Jaylen Brown's long term plans, I ask the universe to please pull strings with lottery gods and give Dallas # 11 this year. My thought process is that Dallas cannot really afford to not keep Kyrie. And Kyrie cannot get a supermax without Dallas. And Luka probably had enough of Kyrie by now, or will soon enough. And Jaylen likes Kyrie as I understand. And Luka would look much better in green. :messenger_alien:

I’m a Mavs fan and I hope they get #11 just for karma purposes. And I agree he got off light but the NBAs hands are pretty tied there.

They won’t trade Luka, not for at least another couple of years anyway.

NickFire

I’m a Mavs fan and I hope they get #11 just for karma purposes. And I agree he got off light but the NBAs hands are pretty tied there.

They won’t trade Luka, not for at least another couple of years anyway.
My hopes will remain high if they # 11. And with good reason. When Kyrie inevitably starts skipping games to attend lectures about Dr. Seuss's nefarious plan to make people fall off the side of the earth, Luka will demand it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
My hopes will remain high if they # 11. And with good reason. When Kyrie inevitably starts skipping games to attend lectures about Dr. Seuss's nefarious plan to make people fall off the side of the earth, Luka will demand it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Feeling Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Draymond getting suspended is karma. Definitely going to watch the game.

The two only series I'm interested in and they're both at the same time.
But Suns are probably gonna take it tonight. Don't see the Clippers winning without Kawhi.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Warriors with a small pulse. But of course they play well at home. Such a strange dichotomy this year. Anyways I don't see them getting past the Suns even if they can win against the Kings.

Really wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors won the next three. Maybe they realized last night that they can get whatever they want at the rim and don't have to settle with chucking endless three's.

Kinda reminds me of the series against Memphis last year where games one and two in Memphis were close, but that time the Warriors were able to steal a win in the first game by a single point. They had the same opportunity this time but Wiggins missed the potential game winning three and it changed the whole dynamic of the series.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
The Grizzlies are bums lol. This series is over. Think Brooks get suspended a game?

Nah, they are Fiesty, will win at least one more game. Plus the lakers are brittle like glass, levron or Davis is bound to go out injured soon.

As far as the suspension goes this is getting rediculous with ejections. Both this and Harden weren't that bad and not even sure if either were on purpose. The embid one that was obviously an attack should have been an ejection. The green one was called right.

meanwhile the Lakers grow stronger. Reaves and Hachimura are becoming consistent reliable role players behind AD and Lebron. AD has been the best defensive player of the playoffs so far. Lebron is still struggling with lift with his bad foot but this playoff schedule has allowed him to rest and recover and be better with each game.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Some wild games last night.
I'm hoping we get Lebron vs the Warriors one last time in round 2, but the Kings could still take out GS though.

NickFire

meanwhile the Lakers grow stronger. Reaves and Hachimura are becoming consistent reliable role players behind AD and Lebron. AD has been the best defensive player of the playoffs so far. Lebron is still struggling with lift with his bad foot but this playoff schedule has allowed him to rest and recover and be better with each game.
AD has been working hard to shake the Street Clothes nickname. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Laughter emoji aside, they do feel like a dangerous team right now. I won't be shocked if they make the finals.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Congrats to the Nuggets on making the Western Conference Finals. Only question is if they'll meet the Kings or Warriors.

Congrats to the Nuggets on making the Western Conference Finals. Only question is if they'll meet the Kings or Warriors.
not the conference finals yet. nuggets face the Suns next and then it's the conference finals to meet the Lakers, Kings, or Warriors.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
not the conference finals yet. nuggets face the Suns next and then it's the conference finals to meet the Lakers, Kings, or Warriors.
Nuggets will sweep the Suns if the Suns play like they just did against the Clips. Warriors or Kings will shoot the Lakers out of the gym. The matchup is almost set.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think we need to start considering Miami a legitimate title contender..
WTF. The Bucks didnt even get a last shot off. I had the game on in the background, so I dont know which player it was, but the guy seemed to not know how much time was left on the clock. Instead of taking a 15 ft jumper, he drove the net going for a 5 ft basket.

NickFire

Why does Anthony Davis get labeled Streetclothes, when Kawhi and Paul George are the exact same? Those two barely play.
It stems from a game broadcast nationally. When the guys were talking about it, Barkley said he calls him street clothes. That lead to a pretty funny exchange. Shaq cracking up like Shaq does, and the normal guy host trying to direct the conversation away from the new nickname (if I remember that part correctly). From that day forward, AD has been known as street clothes.

It's one of those things that might have been said and never heard if anyone but Barkley said it. It's worth watching if you google it. I think so anyway.

NickFire

WTF. The Bucks didnt even get a last shot off. I had the game on in the background, so I dont know which player it was, but the guy seemed to not know how much time was left on the clock. Instead of taking a 15 ft jumper, he drove the net going for a 5 ft basket.
I'm not sure he expected to get that pass. Should have been ready and cognizant of time though. They are pros.

Vestal

Gold Member
I'm not sure he expected to get that pass. Should have been ready and cognizant of time though. They are pros.
Gilbert Arenas put it best earlier.. "They are just not trained to pull up anymore.. Its 3 or a layup.. No midrange"

But there was a shot after he did the first pump fake he could have taken.

It stems from a game broadcast nationally. When the guys were talking about it, Barkley said he calls him street clothes. That lead to a pretty funny exchange. Shaq cracking up like Shaq does, and the normal guy host trying to direct the conversation away from the new nickname (if I remember that part correctly). From that day forward, AD has been known as street clothes.

It's one of those things that might have been said and never heard if anyone but Barkley said it. It's worth watching if you google it. I think so anyway.
this. Lakers are also the top 1 or 2 most nationally televised team so broadcaster really trying to push that narrative so he can play more.

clippers are barely on TV so nobody cares that kawhi and pg combined have played less minutes than AD.

I still can't believe Giannis' free throw stats in that game.
Bro really was 10-23 from the line in an elimination game.

Two big games tonight. I think the Warriors will close it out and Memphis will drag it to game 7.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Dillon Brooks got the 40 points he wanted LOL (Lakers win by 40)
rekt
Now the Lakers get some well deserved rest before the next round.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Warriors couldnt get it done :( .

I have no faith in them winning another road game, but they played pretty bad today so that might fire them up.

Wearing my 2022 NBA champions hoodie today and maybe tomorrow, for luck.

demigod

NBA playoff schedule sure is fucked up. Playing the next round when the first round isn’t done yet. I still think the Suns will take this.

Celcius

°Temp. member
As a Lebron fan, it used to be that we didn't have to go against the Warriors until the Finals.... now we have to face them in the second round and then go 2 more rounds after that? Oof, this is going to be a challenge.

Top Bottom