• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT8| Now with 69% more Imgur

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o608j98ErP1vnnuhpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnrxbnQqJM1r6g7k5o1_250.gif

komplanen

What are you programming?

I'm just learning the basics. So far I've got the basics down for Java, C#, C, C++ and Python. Gonna start a bigger project in a couple of weeks for my thesis. Maybe a Unity game (C# scripting). Maybe a game engine from scratch (C++). Also maybe memes.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

komplanen

You are not messing around, learning the basics of 5 languages. What's the topic of your thesis?

The syntaxes are so similar (except Python which I dislike) so the differences really come from learning the theory behind the difference in data structures and modern features piled on top of C and how the garbage collector works etc. Also what libraries to use etc etc. Bla bla I'm still practically a noob and I ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpeg

I haven't exactly decided anything about my thesis that's final. I want it to revolve around graphics programming (1st idea was OpenGL vs Vulkan comparison by converting a game) but the more I start to think about it I just see jobs revolve around Unity and I don't know... It'd be more of a scripting thing...

Man I don't know what I'm gonna do. I still have time, before I need to decide :-3 (
Very little time
)

Here's a funny picture:
3364.jpg

komplanen

And I really thought you were cool :(

Liked the language but I like my semicolons and curly brackets, yo. Even Lua allows me to be a stubborn old man and use semicolons.

Do you have a strong linear algebra background?

Only thing strong about me is my hatred of vegans and perhaps my farts. I already bought some math text books I'm going to get through in the coming months and I'll know by then how well I understand that stuff. I "sort of" have to re-learn everything because it's been 13 years since I last learned this shit in school lmao. I barely know basic arithmetics so every time I buy food it's like a lottery at the cash register. "Wow I bought two items for 1€ each and somehow there's a new number now".

I'm super old now (33 later this year) but my philosophy is that I will go as far in life as I can. I'm never gonna stop at the door step of something and just quit because it looks hard. So for an example graphics programming might completely ruin me, but it's not gonna do it until I've given it my all. Also I'm re-studying a bunch of math and not just a specific type so at least I'll get something out of it no matter what. It's just my thesis is something I kinda have to decide soonish and it's a real fucker if I pick something I can't get a career out of.

I fucking love rain and wind sounds when I'm programming. I mean a few weeks ago I think I discovered the ultimate Youtube channel (yogaduke / texashighdef). His videos inside a car during rain are being played on my computer for several hours every day. During the winter I like to listen to chilly wind sounds, like this and also this.

I highly recommend yogaduke on Youtube, but I would like to warn everyone about yoga: it's a gateway idiocy towards veganism. Only good thing to ever come out of yoga is the pants.

It's raining IRL right now and I love it.

Also I now realize I should have made a joke about how the only thing DD "writes" is Sonic fanfic but fuck it I'm in a really good mood.

I've spent £1.50 on Portuguese internet just to come into this thread and tell you about this video (mainly because this is the first time you've shown true character and this opportunity is too rare to miss... BOND WITH ME KOMPLANEN. LET'S ENGAGE IN BONDAGE):

https://youtu.be/p59UOrGjMKM

I'm not entirely sure if it's what you're looking for or if it's at all relevant, but eh.

Also hello everyone. I'll have a look at all your wonderful pics and mentions when I am back. Love from Über.

komplanen

Übermatik;213711168 said:
I've spent £1.50 on Portuguese internet just to come into this thread and tell you about this video (mainly because this is the first time you've shown true character and this opportunity is too rare to miss... BOND WITH ME KOMPLANEN. LET'S ENGAGE IN BONDAGE):

I'm not entirely sure if it's what you're looking for or if it's at all relevant, but eh.

Thanks man. I loved everything about it except it can be distracting when I'm typing and there's someone else typing as well. But then again it kinda feels like I'm faster than sound when I finish before the audio does. Sort of like Lucky Luke was faster than his shadow.

Don't do any drugs in Portugal, you silly raccoon. Or at least inject weed because it's safe. Mmmm that reminds me I "lost" 0.12 bitcoins yesterday just like you keep "losing" yours.

*wink wink*

I BOUGHT WEED, OKAY SHEES MOM EVERYONE DOES IT

bchamba

Komp you're really owning up to this terrible thread and doing your part with all these posts to get us to OT9, thank you for your efforts

komplanen

Komp you're really owning up to this terrible thread and doing your part with all these posts to get us to OT9, thank you for your efforts

Whoever I argued with about this exact issue is now in Portugal washing his hands from all of this and here I am working hard to bring us a new OT. Just remember that when you vote komplanen for OT9.

uus_lemmikki.jpg

I'm about to be 34 I'll kill you.

lmao I never want to be as old as you!

phoenixyz

not funny but giving me the frighten https://i.imgur.com/sDs0Qar.gifv

0r8vh18z1kfx.png

Liked the language but I like my semicolons and curly brackets, yo. Even Lua allows me to be a stubborn old man and use semicolons.
You can use semicolons in Python.
But nobody does that because it looks stupid
except when writing amazing one liners.

I'm super old now (33 later this year) but my philosophy is that I will go as far in life as I can. I'm never gonna stop at the door step of something and just quit because it looks hard. So for an example graphics programming might completely ruin me, but it's not gonna do it until I've given it my all. Also I'm re-studying a bunch of math and not just a specific type so at least I'll get something out of it no matter what. It's just my thesis is something I kinda have to decide soonish and it's a real fucker if I pick something I can't get a career out of.
Just be aware that having to learn graphics programming and linear algebra on-the-go while working toward a thesis deadline is a great recipe for a bad time. Though it obviously depends on how tight the deadline is.

I really enjoy spaceship ambient sounds when working or learning (seeing the Mass Effect ambient sounds in the related vids).

komplanen

Just be aware that having to learn graphics programming and linear algebra on-the-go while working toward a thesis deadline is a great recipe for a bad time. Though it obviously depends on how tight the deadline is.

My time table is kinda f'ed up. The lower level degree's suggested completion is 3,5 years but I've done 55% of the required credit after my first year. I really want to graduate in 2 years but I don't have to. I could enjoy memes for a year straight if I want to and still graduate in time if I don't fuck up. I am going to apply for the major degree once I get some work done.

Gui_PT

Also hello everyone. I'll have a look at all your wonderful pics and mentions when I am back. Love from Über.

Wanna make out? I have free internets

phoenixyz

My time table is kinda f'ed up. The lower level degree's suggested completion is 3,5 years but I've done 55% of the required credit after my first year. I really want to graduate in 2 years but I don't have to. I could enjoy memes for a year straight if I want to and still graduate in time if I don't fuck up. I am going to apply for the major degree once I get some work done.

You are ahead of schedule as a student? What are you? Some kind of genius?
Teach me, komplanen-senpai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom