• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

Dr Bass

Please, PLEASE for love all things good PLEASE announce port for Muramasa, that game is too good to be stuck on Vita.
muramasa-vanillaware.gif
Yeah we need more stuff like this. I played this on Wii but it was a great game. We need variety man!

I would love a new infamous but if they made one they'd have to go bigger with it, more environmental destruction, make the city feel more like a real place so your impact on it is felt. I loved all 3 infamous games although I didn't care for the monster enemies in part 2. I would love one that's made to be more like a Rockstar game in some way, make the city actually part of the character and not just a place for you to blow up cars. Would also like the ability to actually fly and even super strength so you can throw people throw windows and even walls depending on the place.

My realistic predictions:

- God of War 2 Gameplay (that is nearly a 100% thing at this point, and lets be honest that alone makes this showcase already great)

- New GT Trailer or Gameplay (not my type of game, but GT3 pushed me to Sony back in the day. I only bought Nintendo consoles before that, but after a friend showed me GT3 running on PS2, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and bought a PS2 the next day).

- New Horizon Gameplay trailer (to be honest it is not required, as we saw already enough to know that it will be great, but I understand Sony wants to hype the shit out of it).

- New GTAV trailer / gameplay (kind of interested how it will look compared to the PS4 version, it will give us perhaps a glimpse what GTA6 could potentially look like)

And my dreams:

- It is revealed that Kojima is behind Bluebox games and Abandoned is confirmed to be Silent Hills (My pipe dream would be they are making a montage of Kojima, like they did for Agatha in Wandavision)

- MGS remake by Bluepoint (I highly think that Bluepoint will tease their next game, considering that at this point it is a sure thing that Sony bought Bluepoint, but they need to announce it officially and it would be strange to announce that in a showcase without any game announcement. But I don't know what that project will be. Full disclosure, personally I am not interested in MGS, but I want to see the internet explode).

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Why stopping at Muamasa (great taste by the way it is awesome) also add Puppeteer, 3D dot game Heroes and Tokyo Jungle.
Yup those game needs to be ported as well. But Murasasa is one of the Vanillaware game that hasn't released on PS4. I can play 13 Sentinels, Odin Sphere leifthrasir and Dragon's Crown on my PS5 but I cant with Murasasa Rebirth because it stuck on Vita and mine's analog stick is not exactly in good shape to play this game on it.

Unfortunately unlike those games Murasasa is the only one that wasn't published by Atlus, so god knows if we ever going to get port for it......FUCK!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yup those game needs to be ported as well. But Murasasa is one of the Vanillaware game that hasn't released on PS4. I can play 13 Sentinels, Odin Sphere leifthrasir and Dragon's Crown on my PS5 but I cant with Murasasa Rebirth because it stuck on Vita and mine's analog stick is not exactly in good shape to play this game on it.

Unfortunately unlike those games Murasasa is the only one that wasn't published by Atlus, so god knows if we ever going to get port for it......FUCK!!!!
I really hope it will, one day.It is the best vanillaware game to me.If yoiui can manage to get one try it on a vita TV you will just need a controller.But hey lets hope it will be rereleased or remastered.I wasn't expecting it again until it hit the Vita.Maybe some vta games will come to psnow.

I stopped being on this train, there is no point. I'll jump back in when the first Unreal engine 5 game will be presented
Oh but after the Event we will maybe ask - who needs UE5?
My Gutfeeling tells me that this Show will be good..
And on my gutfeeling you can count:

Oh and I would like me a window seat on this train TGO plz 🙂

Last edited:

j0hnnix

I'm really bored.

Script:

Que music - You're a Strange Animal

Kojima walks out slowly with coke bottle glasses with an Xbox shirt on.

Expected reaction:

Sony fans in dismay run to Twitter to fight with e-pitch forks.

Colteastwood misreads the announcement saying he knew this on Twitter.

Focus on Kojima:

:Music Stops:

Kojima begins to Struggle to rip the shirt in half, Geoff comes in to assist after drinking two Mnt Dews and rips it off with Kojima.

Camera Zooms in:

Show off shirt underneath Death Stranding 2 exclusive to Sony.

Camera Zooms out:

Norman Reedus shows up in his Harley Davidson to announce free upgrade from PS4 to PS5

Expected reaction:

NeoGaf "We saw this coming, but did not want it."

Reee users all Cap "YASS QUEEN"

Camera pivots:

Showing Jim Ryan in Angel wings and a Halo above his head.

Forums go wild posting UK sales.

End of show, but is it???:
Kojima walks off stage and Cory appears with explosions around him to show Ragnarok trailer.

The world goes into complete chaos when Kratos is revealed in the first 10 seconds of the trailer. Show inevitably ends.

Concern

That's rather disappointing list, so probably real.

At this point who knows. Can't really predict anything with Jimmy's Sony. I just want to see so e reasons to pick up a Ps5. Not not timed exclusive bullshit. Can't say no cross-gen cuz we're stuck with it awhile longer regardless.

That was already posted and debunked in this thread a few days
I wouldn't say debunked, people just think since it has some typos. I don't say it must be real, but if someone made this why not going more crazy, this seems very realistic if you ask me, except I think there is zero chance we see ffvii remake part 2.

ZywyPL

Banned
At this point who knows. Can't really predict anything with Jimmy's Sony. I just want to see so e reasons to pick up a Ps5. Not not timed exclusive bullshit. Can't say no cross-gen cuz we're stuck with it awhile longer regardless.

Same here. But what I meant is that I saw a different "leaked" list on the web, which was just too good to be true, basically someones wet dream. That's when you know when something's fake - there's nothing disappointing in it, no surprises, no new IPs etc. just what everyone knows, loves and wants more.

Concern

Same here. But what I meant is that I saw a different "leaked" list on the web, which was just too good to be true, basically someones wet dream. That's when you know when something's fake - there's nothing disappointing in it, no surprises, no new IPs etc. just what everyone knows, loves and wants more.

Yea its just interesting it triggered a few fanboys already lol. I guess setting some unrealistic expectations has people in their feelings about it.

I'm just waiting on a good reason to upgrade the Ps4. If it doesn't show up, I'll be just fine waiting on the midgen refresh.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If You don't see a reason to pick up ps5 yet then you don't probably want it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Exactly.... i don't. That's why I haven't lol. What kinda logic is that?
I mean, returnal, ratchet, demons souls, a lot of ps4 60fps patches, Demons Souls... even astrobot.
If you are looking for a reason to buy it, what would you hope they show?

cormack12

Gold Member
I can't believe nothing has really leaked (officially) - probably MiB is looking the most likely. Infamous doesn't really tickle me the right way after playing SS recently and not really digging I2. Killzone 5 or whatever would have me a little excited got to say.

Bryank75

Banned
I can't believe nothing has really leaked (officially) - probably MiB is looking the most likely. Infamous doesn't really tickle me the right way after playing SS recently and not really digging I2. Killzone 5 or whatever would have me a little excited got to say.

Looking at how unpopular the MIB IP seems to be, I hope they are not doing that.... doesn't look like a winner.

Concern

I mean, returnal, ratchet, demons souls, a lot of ps4 60fps patches, Demons Souls... even astrobot.
If you are looking for a reason to buy it, what would you hope they show?

Played DS on Ps3, no rush for it. Returnal just doesn’t seem my type of game regardless of playing every other Housemarque game. Never cared for Ratchet, Sly, astro, or any of those games like that. I'd try them but I wouldn't run out to buy a Ps5 for those.

I want a DG2 but that's probably not happening. Something more to that style. Maybe even bring back some multiplayer games or a new one at least. I'm just looking forward to whatever surprise announcements are coming. Im already interested in a Spider-Man 2, GoW, Factions.

Edit: Forgot to mention The Order 1887. It was short af but I really liked it and think we should get a sequel.

Last edited:

Greggy

Yeah, if they release the trailer now pretty likely won't be in the show, maybe only in the sizzle reel. It would be nice to focus the event on games shown in the event for the first time, on exclusive games over multiplatform games and on big games over small games.

I never said it takes 6 months to make games. Recent AAA games took on average around 5 years to be developed. 6 months it's what it took decades ago.

P.S.: Stop being a scumbag making personal attacks simply because you don't agree someone. You'll stay longer in this forum before being banned, people will start to take you seriously and your life will be better.
Hum... my life will be better if I embrace that facts don't matter? who knew. Thanks for the enlightenment.
The reality is that Insomniac released 3 console games between 2014 and 2020 (SO, R&C PS4 and Spider Man PS4). Far from the "typically 1 or 2 games a year" that you claimed. Hence my factual comment that you were taking a holiday from reality. Not sure why you're qualifying that as a personal attack but you must have your reasons.

cormack12

Gold Member
Looking at how unpopular the MIB IP seems to be, I hope they are not doing that.... doesn't look like a winner.

Yeah but someone made a good point above - it probably does have more sway than Days Gone 2 generally. Not a big deal, I mean it might be good I just think they'd need to change what the formula of MiB was. At which point it might as well be a new IP 🤷‍♂️

I'd like a date for the GA of the new firmware as well - my WD SN850 still sitting on the side.

Not long to go now anyway 🤞

ZywyPL

Banned
If You don't see a reason to pick up ps5 yet then you don't probably want it.

Duh, that's exactly why there has to be a selling point, and without exclusives, there are better, more user-friendly platforms to play all those multiplatform/cross-gen games. I don't see a point getting a PS5 anytime soon yet either, almost bought one two weeks ago but then I thought to myself, what am I going to play on it? There's R&C and... That's about it. No clear messaging what games and when are coming, Hulst has thrown some random number about how many games are in the works, but what are those games, when are they coming, nobody knows, can be as well 2-4 years from now. That's why shows like this one are so crucial, to send a message, to show the roadmap, because people but the console to play games not for the console itself.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Men In Black? I have more interest in manicuring my nose hairs.

Must be aimed fir kids, no mature gamer will give a crap

Top Bottom