• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

yurinka

That's news to me. That's brilliant. I might be the minority but I love some couch moment with devs. After the main show of course
I assume the 40 minutes event will have a very short intro speech from Ryan or Hermen followed by a lot of trailers. And then in the post event the devs of some of these games talking about their games and probably showing extra gameplay.

Not Funny GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

You know what I meant...Twitch, Official Sony stream....where etc. And why does this forum run like crap on Safari? Typing is so slow here but everywhere else its fine (speed of how fast the characters display after hitting a key.)

Youtube lol

I'm currently using an M1 Macbook Air, I've avoided using Gaf on Safari because like you said it's crap, it also tends to crash when I'm typing in replies but this doesn't happen on my iPhone (weirdly).

I've switched to Chrome browser and it's miles better, no weird bugs or issues.

Off topic I know but that being said, to commemorate tomorrow let's hope we get a crazy moment like this minus the live audience!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Youtube lol

I'm currently using an M1 Macbook Air, I've avoided using Gaf on Safari because like you said it's crap, it also tends to crash when I'm typing in replies but this doesn't happen on my iPhone (weirdly).

Off topic I know but that being said, to commemorate tomorrow let's hope we get a crazy moment like this minus the live audience!

Yeah I remember. GOW moment was fucking INSANE.
My next fav sony moment wwas Death Stranding reveal. Like... WHAT ?! they have KOJIMA?! and he has this new crazy game ?!

Bartski

Gold Member
To be honest I was expecting some real leaks. If that VGC guy is telling the truth and some info is out there it must be something really incredible if nobody feels like spoiling the show.

Happy to see what seems like them moving all filler out of the way. No COD, no fucking Avengers, no indies, no VR. Hopefully no GTAV either, seen some contradicting rumors there.

Just the future of first-party AAA from some of the best studios in the business.

And no acquisitions, unless they're about to drop the bomb about Bluepont and their next game, that would fit right next to GoW:R and TLOUF2.

HYPE

Bartski

Gold Member
The key is showing great games, it doesn't matter whether they are cross-gen or not.

People were losing their shit at E3 for Elden Ring, which is a cross-gen title. Quality is what really matters in the end, labels and exclusivity are only fuel for console wars.
I hope GowR, Factions 2 and GT7 will be the end of cross-gen for PlayStation 5 and we will see it on this showcase.

sainraja

Youtube lol

Trying to get a sense of where everyone will be watching and how. I think they are doing it on Twitch so I might be watch it there. I am still on an Intel based Mac and I was a Chrome user and just recently made the switch to Safari. I go back and forth though and maybe for gaf I will use Chrome.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
There will be more.
I'm sure there will be many more but I mean the top dogs, ND, SSM etc. Ok- Ragnarok, Factions 2, and then it's over and we're moving on to living in the present.
Would really suck if that unannounced new post Killzone shooter was made for 10-year-old hardware to handle.

reksveks

To be honest I was expecting some real leaks. If that VGC guy is telling the truth and some info is out there it must be something really incredible if nobody feels like spoiling the show.

Happy to see what seems like them moving all filler out of the way. No COD, no fucking Avengers, no indies, no VR. Hopefully no GTAV either, seen some contradicting rumors there.

Just the future of first-party AAA from some of the best studios in the business.

And no acquisitions, unless they're about to drop the bomb about Bluepont and their next game, that would fit right next to GoW:R and TLOUF2.

HYPE

They have said you are seeing some third party games.

PlayStation Studios and some of the industry’s most imaginative developers

It wont be the focus, no but it will be there.

kyliethicc

I'm sure there will be many more but I mean the top dogs, ND, SSM etc. Ok- Ragnarok, Factions 2, and then it's over and we're moving on to living in the present.
Would really suck if that unannounced new post Killzone shooter was made for 10-year-old hardware to handle.
Yeah Guerrilla's other game if multiplayer focused, could be PS4 PS5.

MLB will be for another 2 years or so.

And the new IPs from Deviation/Firewalk/Haven could be too. Hard to say.

Even Spider man 2 may be cross gen if its 2023.

Hope not tho.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Sony just released a FC6 video on their page. Hopefully this means it wont be at the show.

With CoD and FC6 getting their own videos before the conference, lets hope Deathloop and Kena are not there either since they were shown in July and August at their own events.

This leaves GTA5 as the only major third party trash we could expect taking up precious minutes in this conference. BF6 has a marketing deal with MS, and there isnt much else coming out this year.

I wouldn't mind one more trailer for Kena it's right around the corner so one more push would be cool

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

pshe2021alt21185jfs.jpg

All aboard.
If you want on or I've missed you let me know.
Cuz after tonite I'll be in work until hour before the show.
So get your tickets in now !!

I'll give you a like to let you know I seen your request 👍

So I've got Spiderman, Kratros, Bloodborne, a Monster from Silent Hill and Shadow Moses from MGS.
Anything else?

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Yeah Im expecting the worst.
The PS5 reveal show was pretty good. But the one after that had nothing apart from Final Fantasy 16, the rest were repeats. And the shows after have been pretty awful as far as new announcements go. Yes gameplay was cool to for Ratchet, Returnal, Horizon but I want more.

Theres probably gonna be more Deathloop, Kena, Stray, Horizon 2, GT7, God of War, Call of Duty etc. Some indies.
Little time for new exclusives to be shown. There will probably be a new Resident Evil announcement. As much as Id love to see MGS or Silent hill, it wont be enough After a year of no new AAA exclusive announcements
They'll definitely have 1-3 surprises to get people really hyped

bitbydeath

pshe2021alt21185jfs.jpg

All aboard.

Can I have Homelander flying in the background somewhere?
images

kyliethicc

pshe2021alt21185jfs.jpg

All aboard.

So I've got Spiderman, Kratros, Bloodborne, a Monster from Silent Hill and Shadow Moses from MGS.
Anything else?
Knack 3 baby!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
pshe2021alt21185jfs.jpg

All aboard.

Anything else?
Place me on the left right leg of white bottoms Kate, please. Angled up 45°

Ktnx.

Last edited:
Top Bottom