• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters
Okay Diamonds in the sky and if you look closely just under the Train you see the ground has got a odd texture to it🤔
pshe2021alt214xkwu.jpg
perfection GIF

skit_data

I want gameplay but not that fucking view from being the wheel - I HATE that view in racers, it's almost unplayable and is the worst possible way of showing off the graphics, too.
Ah, funny I really like playing with cockpit view but I do agree that it sucks if you wanna show off dem grafix. Maybe they could do some camera changes during the trailer, I like to see the interior as well because I want to see how the interior materials look and react to light.

How come we don't get told what time it starts in EST or EDT? I mean, it's the only time zone that matters in the world. Every other time zone is inferior. When I think about other time zones and the people who live in them, I think of them kneeling before me or being underneath my foot.

Last edited:

Hunnybun

Ah, funny I really like playing with cockpit view but I do agree that it sucks if you wanna show off dem grafix. Maybe they could do some camera changes during the trailer, I like to see the interior as well because I want to see how the interior materials look and react to light.

My biggest problem with it is that it's actually nothing like driving a car. When you're driving the wheel is completely peripheral to your focus on the road - you're not really registering it.

The view Driveclub had where the camera was on the actual dashboard is much closer to the feeling of actually being behind the wheel.

kyliethicc

How come we don't get told what time in EST or EDT? I mean, they're the only time zones that matter in the world. Every other time zone is inferior. When I think about other time zones I think of them kneeling before me or underneath my foot.

Almost as if you can convert PST to EST in your head in 1 second...

And PlayStation is headquartered in California - Pacific Time.

Green_Eyes

pshe2021alt21185jfs.jpg

All aboard.
If you want on or I've missed you let me know.
Cuz after tonite I'll be in work until hour before the show.
So get your tickets in now !!

I'll give you a like to let you know I seen your request 👍

So I've got Spiderman, Kratros, Bloodborne, a Monster from Silent Hill and Shadow Moses from MGS.
Anything else?
Don't leave me behind!

Reactions: TGO
Almost as if you can convert PST to EST in your head in 1 second...

And PlayStation is headquartered in California - Pacific Time.

I can't, it's too much of a mental challenge for me to make that happen. I don't care about anything outside of my daily sphere. I don't live in PT.

Last edited:

skit_data

My biggest problem with it is that it's actually nothing like driving a car. When you're driving the wheel is completely peripheral to your focus on the road - you're not really registering it.

The view Driveclub had where the camera was on the actual dashboard is much closer to the feeling of actually being behind the wheel.
I think its possible to adjust it, at least it was possible in GT6. I usually move forward quite a lot and and adjust the height so that it gives a clear view of the road.

pshe2021alt21185jfs.jpg

All aboard.

So I've got Spiderman, Kratros, Bloodborne, a Monster from Silent Hill and Shadow Moses from MGS.
Anything else?
Good Sir, is there a window place left for me on that ride?

Also I wanna write also here that
Something just struck me, an truly insane Thought! Imagine they announce Star Citizen for PS5. Thats what i would call "Mindblowing" - the Game seems perfect for that and could even leverage PS5s I/O System.

giphy.gif

I mean Chris Roberts the moneyhorny twat would pick up the Phone and right away say ,,yes" when they tell him Its Sony calling, right?!

skit_data

Also I wanna write also here that
Something just struck me, an truly insane Thought! Imagine they announce Star Citizen for PS5. Thats what i would call "Mindblowing" - the Game seems perfect for that and could even leverage PS5s I/O System.
Yeah, I thought about that too. Would make Sonys decision to let Starfield go make more sense. Everybody always assume MS ”overbid” them on Starfield but I wouldn’t say its out of question that Sony pulled out before MS moved in on buying Bethesda.

We have no idea what’s in the show though?

Yeah, I thought about that too. Would make Sonys decision to let Starfield go make more sense. Everybody always assume MS ”overbid” them on Starfield but I wouldn’t say its out of question that Sony pulled out before MS moved in on buying Bethesda.
To use it to counteract not having Starfield on PS5 makes a bit sense. Did not think that far..
🧨

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
How come we don't get told what time it starts in EST or EDT? I mean, it's the only time zone that matters in the world. Every other time zone is inferior. When I think about other time zones and the people who live in them, I think of them kneeling before me or being underneath my foot.
Take the PDT time and add 3 hours then you have EST

THEAP99

Banned
I'll be surprised if they have something bigger than spiderman 2 or god of war to show.

I don't see SH or Metal Gear happening.

Honestly, if a new naughty dog IP was announced that'd top it all for me

I'll be surprised if they have something bigger than spiderman 2 or god of war to show.

I don't see SH or Metal Gear happening.

Honestly, if a new naughty dog IP was announced that'd top it all for me

Not bigger perhaps but maybe a shock

Halo multiplayer....?

(grabs coat)

Thedtrain

pshe2021alt21185jfs.jpg

All aboard.

Anything else?
Hello can I climb aboard?

Sony playing it's hand this late in the game is genius.

All they need is one or two heavy hitters and they blow all of E3 out the water. Not going to be hard by any metric.

1 or 2 would be a complete embarrassment.

This conference is about the future of PS5, not just "1 or 2" things.

Dr Bass

No it isn't. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's about what's coming up next. It's not some all encompassing software roadmap. It's just another video showcase like they do several times throughout the year. What cracks me up is there is one particular user here who keeps saying it's the first conference "in a year" for them.

I guess he missed all of the other videos/reveals we've had over the past 12 months. :rolleyes:

So in conclusion, it's just another game video, where some new stuff will be shown and some previously known stuff will be shown. This is not "the future!!" of the platform, and it's not the only one in a year. It's just "Hey everyone, here are some cool games we'd like to show." And hopefully it will be fun.

No it isn't. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's about what's coming up next. It's not some all encompassing software roadmap. It's just another video showcase like they do several times throughout the year. What cracks me up is there is one particular user here who keeps saying it's the first conference "in a year" for them.

I guess he missed all of the other videos/reveals we've had over the past 12 months. :rolleyes:

So in conclusion, it's just another game video, where some new stuff will be shown and some previously known stuff will be shown. This is not "the future!!" of the platform, and it's not the only one in a year. It's just "Hey everyone, here are some cool games we'd like to show." And hopefully it will be fun.
If it was the same format/scope as a State of Play they would’ve called it that. Fact is Sony has not held a major showcase event since September 2020. I would expect the same caliber of premiers as that stream (GOW, FFXVI, Harry Potter, launch title gameplay, etc) and the one in June 2020.

There’s no point in being reductive other than to temper your own expectations or to make fun of others who are genuinely excited to see some new stuff from PS. One is fine (but personal), the other is just being an asshole.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

It wouldn't take much to have a better showing than E3 and Gamescom if we're talking platforms

But even taking that out of consideration, it should be very impressive

Top Bottom