• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

reksveks

I don't think ff xvi will be here based on square's comments about it not being at tgs.

I weirdly think that game is h1 2022 so probably at game awards or something around then

sainraja

I am not sure what we will see.....but I am still hoping for:

1. A new Uncharted game.
2. Maybe, maybe a new Prince of Persia game.
3. God of War gameplay & hopefully a remake of the first :D
4. Warhawk and/or Starhawk please!

I know, not based on anything....just personal hopes.

EDIT
Added Warhawk/Starhawk.

Last edited:
More Astrobot!?
Ps5 Astro Bot GIF by PlayStation

sainraja

As some others have already mentioned, it would be pretty awesome if they do announce a new Warhawk game. Man do I miss playing that! Had so many good times.

KAL2006

Banned
I think with Horizon Forbidden West already having its own showcase, Gamescom release day announcement as well as pre-orders opening today that it will probably not be at the event. It would make sense to just have another showcase around January or a new trailer in Game Awards in December. As they can use the trailers and footage they already have from before for this games marketing material.

yurinka

New Sony Bend game teaser
Project Velvet Veil reveal teaser
It's too early for the Bend game, they have been working on it for maybe less than a year. From is too busy completing Elder Ring development, won't have anything to show here unless it's an Elder Ring trailer.

If we see either MSG1 or Silent Hill I'll be extremely happy. Or a remaster/update for Bloodborne.
Konami recently signed with an studio to make the next Silent Hill, I think it was the The Medium guys. So it's too early to have anything to show about the next Silent Hill, very likely is several years away from release.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Guessing one reveal will be Last of Us 2 native PS5 version, releasing within 8-10 weeks.

I feel this will be announced on Outbreak Day (26th September) so not too long. Which is perfect timing as it's just after Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding Remasters. Having 3 Remasters announced with none even released yet is a bit too much, I think they will wait for both Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima to be released before announcing another remaster.

NickFire

I feel this will be announced on Outbreak Day (26th September) so not too long. Which is perfect timing as it's just after Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding Remasters. Having 3 Remasters announced with none even released yet is a bit too much, I think they will wait for both Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima to be released before announcing another remaster.
Your guess is as good as mine, but it seems unlikely they will have a special stream for something as obscure as outbreak day.

Also, you can get Ghost remastered right this very second. Came out a week or two ago.

Perrott

GoW is a 2021 game delayed to (pretty likekly H1) 2022 and still didn't show gameplay. For sure they will debut GoW gameplay in this event!
God of War ain't coming in the first half of 2022, the "2021" window has always been an unrealistic target for them.

yurinka

God of War ain't coming in the first half of 2022, the "2021" window has always been an unrealistic target for them.
The 2021 always has been realistic because it would mean they would have spent the amount of development time this studio spent in their recent games, plus this one won't be a reboot, it will be a direct sequel with pretty likely many rehased stuff from the previous one plus some dropped features and content planned for the first one.

A H1 2022 release is highly possible.

I feel this will be announced on Outbreak Day (26th September) so not too long.
They may announce and tease all their upcoming TLOU stuff here and then to do a full showcase there. If they will pack a lot of games in 40 minutes pretty likely won't spend a lot of time on each game.

Finally

no indies

no VR

Sony better knock it outta the park with AAA content
There will be indies because they said big and small de

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Your guess is as good as mine, but it seems unlikely they will have a special stream for something as obscure as outbreak day.

Also, you can get Ghost remastered right this very second. Came out a week or two ago.

You assume there will be a stream. I reckon it will just be a blog post or if we lucky a YouTube trailer drop. And my bad forgot Ghost came out already

Nickolaidas

I won't make predictions, I'll just share my wishlist:

- Project Awakening re-reveal, marketed as a PS5-focused title with 5 minutes of gameplay to show off
- announcement of a FROM Software PS5 exclusive
- Castlevania game for the PS5
- Gameplay for GoW Ragnarok
- NO MENTION of FORBIDDEN WEST (we got gameplay for the game months ago, let other games shine)
- Announcement of a PS5 exclusive fighter, like Killer Instinct is for Xbox

SilentUser

If that game is God of War Ragnarok those 10 min might be worth it, but I hear you. Very important too : I want dates.
While being a massive fan of GoW, considering this event will be 40 minutes, I wish they won't show 10 minutes of it. Actually, not really a fan of those deep dive gameplays of any game when it is a show of some sorts, dunno why 😅

Also, not a single "insider" called this date, right? Lmao, they are pretty useless.

While being a massive fan of GoW, considering this event will be 40 minutes, I wish they won't show 10 minutes of it. Actually, not really a fan of those deep dive gameplays of any game when it is a show of some sorts, dunno why 😅
Same. I don't get it why everybody is dying for GoW or Horizon gameplay. Is it for the graphics or do they expect groundbreaking gameplay innovations? I think it's a safe bet to say both games will look stunning with maybe some slightly improved gameplay. I'm always more excited about release dates when it comes to sequels.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
GoW Ragnarök gameplay
Spider-Man 2
Silent Hills
MGS remake
From Software exclusive (final game in the 3-game deal)

Shouldn't be too much to ask.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Cool. I'm going to go in with low expectations, because these broader shows are generally a grab bag of shit and shinola. Not sure what the goodies will be yet.

Papacheeks

Banned
Their next project after Shadow was a Japan Studio game: Demon's Souls. And who said Shadow underperformed?

Arc System Works maybe?

Internal sales figures that I have seen. It did not do super well, it did better than Last guardian but thats not saying much. It had a huge drop off, and it literally went on sale the same year within couple months of release.

Ah yes, i will watch this Future of PC Gaming event.

a31.png

Pretty sure those announcments will be the same week but after the showcase. This showcase is specifically for PS5 stuff. But a certain remaster may have a PS5 release, and be announced after the show coming to PC as well :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom