• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

Jaysen

Banned
No more garbage open world borefests please. Show me Bloodborne 2 or at the very least Bloodborne remaster in 60 FPS. You can also show me footage of GTA Online remaster.

The show is going to open up with Aloy working out, running sprints. One of her villager friends offers her food, and she waves it away ... "I'm really not hungry."

Then they flash the release date (2/21) on the screen. Then slowly the "/" disappears and a "lbs" shows up after ... "221 lbs."

Then the numbers start counting down to 130 lbs as her face slowly shrinks.

Cut to PS Studios Logo.

Last edited:
Tune in to see what’s next for PlayStation 5.
Tune in next Thursday, September 9 at 1:00pm Pacific Time / 9:00pm BST / 10:00pm CEST for a look into the future of PS5.

I wonder if all the people that have been calling all these new Xbox 1st party next gen games/IP's a "wishlist" instead of "what's next" for Xbox keep the same energy after this event.

Javthusiast

Banned
FINALLY!!!

Can You Smell The Rock GIF by WWE

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Sony are still being really, really cagey. No PSVR2 stuff is a big omission because we all know its coming and is going to be a significant area of focus in the years to come.

KAL2006

Banned
I know Naughty Dog is working on Factions and Last of Us 1 Remake and probably a Last of Us 2 Directors Cut.

But has there been any rumblings of them making anything else.

In terms of new AAA announcements by the first party it's between Guerilla Games 2nd project, Santa Monicas Barlogs project, Spiderman 2 by inSomniac. I feel Sony need atleast one brand new PS5 only announcement even if it's really early and just a teaser as they don't have a single PS5 only game announced since the release of Ratchet and Returnal. Just a surprise one more thing showing one of these projects with a teaser without a date would be enough to atleast satisfy PS5 owners.

GymWolf

Only 40 minutes?!

I hope they don't waste a single second in something that is not a damn gameplay trailer...

And for the love of god, no other crossgen announcements for big brands jim...

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
what are your predictions?

I predict Ragnarok live demo akin to GoW 2018 reveal, Factions 2 teaser with announcing extended feature to come on Outbreak Day in 3 weeks and a megaton ending Bloodborne HD reveal for PS5 and PC #believe

I think you guys(and gaf in general) are way too obssessed with Bloodborne.

My prediction would be Elder Ring and perhaps an entire new game reveal. I feel like we need more plataform games from them, they could use some old plataform tittles being brought back. I would be turn away if they waste more on this Deathloop though.

ARK1391

Are we doing predictions? Here are mine:

Horizon 2 opens
New Sony Bend game teaser
Dreams PS5 and PC
TLoU2 Multiplayer
Indies
FFXVI
Spider-man 2 teaser
New Kojima teaser
Project Velvet Veil reveal teaser
GoW Ragnarok closes

I'll be happy with just TLoU2 Multiplayer and GoW footage. The rest is bonus!

Last edited:

Dr Kaneda

If we see either MSG1 or Silent Hill I'll be extremely happy. Or a remaster/update for Bloodborne.

In terms of lesser announcements I'd like to see Little Devil Inside and TLoU2 PS5 proper update to dualsense.

KAL2006

Banned

DEATHLOOP DEEPDIVE LETS GOOOOO

Honestly they are over due. I understand people being cautious and not raising expectations. But just updates of games we know about won't be enough. They need a PS5 only (non cross gen) game announcement megaton by one of there first party studuos whether that's Guerilla Games 2jd project, Barlogs project, Spiderman 2 it has to be there. Even Microsoft have next gen only stuff that's known Sony don't have a single next gen only first party game that's known in there release schedule.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Factions trailer & release date
FFXVI trailer
GT7 release date

All I need. I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Castef

Banned
That was basically a Doom clone. How would you want them to modernize it?
Well, tecnically, on paper, it contained way more "modern" features than Resistance, if compared to the other games of their time.

In Disruptor you had the ability to spend "psychic" points to activate several powers. Plus the weapons were a bit on the "creative" side.

Let's say that I would love to see Distruptor 2 more than Resistance 4.

Fredrik

They need a PS5 only (non cross gen) game announcement megaton by one of there first party studuos whether that's Guerilla Games 2jd project, Barlogs project, Spiderman 2 it has to be there. Even Microsoft have next gen only stuff that's known Sony don't have a single next gen only first party game that's known in there release schedule.
They’ve already released PS5-only Ratchet & Clank and Returnal. Plus Demon’s Souls Remake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom