• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita 3.00 coming in preparing of PS4, details [Out now]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Edit: OUT NOW

----

Edit: Available later today

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/05/ps-vita-3-00-system-update-available-today/

----

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/ps-vita-3-00-system-update-coming-soon/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fD7AV9Blys

PS4 Link

The PS4 Link app has been added to the PS Vita system’s home screen. With this application, you can use your PS Vita to remotely control a PS4 system, and play a range of PS4 games on your PS Vita screen. When you’re playing a game on PS4 that supports second screen features, you can also display information from that game on your PS Vita and use it as a second screen.

Parental Controls

The Parental Controls application has been added to the home screen. You can now manage the duration of game play, and the use of games and videos that have parental controls. You can also control access to certain areas of the system, including the use of the Internet browser and Location Data.

Photos

ŸA Panoramic Camera setting has been added. You can now take panoramic photos on PS Vita, and look around the photo by using the PS Vita’s built-in motion sensor.

Friends

The application layout for Friends has been improved. There are now four tabs:

Find Player on PSN
Friends
Friend Requests
Players Blocked

The Group Messaging application name and icon have been changed to Messages. The application layout has also been improved, and you can now send and receive messages with friends and players on PS4 or on mobile devices installed with PlayStation App.

Party

The icon for the Party application has been changed. You can now voice chat and text chat with friends and players on PS4.

Email

You can now sync the contacts saved in your email account from services including Gmail and Yahoo! Mail. To sync your contacts, select Contact List > Options > [CardDAV Settings] > [Add CardDAV Account], and then follow the screens.

Content Manager

You can now use Wi-Fi to connect your PS Vita to a PS3, and transfer data between them. Your PS Vita and PS3 must be connected within the same network.‎ Also, to use this feature, the system software of the PS3 you’re using must be version 4.50 or later.

PS3 Remote Play

The Remote Play application name and icon have been changed to PS3 Remote Play.

Settings

You can now download future system software updates automatically.

Trophies

You can now display Trophies of PS4 software on your PS Vita. Rarity of the trophy cannot be displayed.

Seeing the second-screen for PS4 Link kinda makes me sad the "Cross-Controller" function wasn't used much for PS3. With that said:

Hype.

Amir0x

Banned
wow is the second screen new? Never heard anything about that.

Not new, we've known it allows devs to utilize Wii U-like functionality. It's actually pretty neat considering the PS Vita screen is so much superior to the Wii U controller screen

Ghazi

43MBvXD.png

GAF>GAF>GAF>GAF

kmg90

Seeing the second-screen for PS4 Link kinda makes me sad the "Cross-Controller" function wasn't used much for PS3. With that said:

Hype.

Well at least they are going all in with the remote play and cross controller for the PS4...

ascii42

wow is the second screen new? Never heard anything about that.

LBP2 and Deus Ex:HR Director's Cut on the PS3 already use the Vita for second screen stuff. I don't think we've seen anything on the PS4 that uses it for that purpose yet, but I believe it was known or at least assumed that it would be at some point.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Not bad. I think the 3.0 moniker might have been used only for PS4 parity when it comes to Firmware and numbers. But everyone knows the best parts of the firmware are in the stability updates and UI Bubble AA.

Nice! This all sounds great. Seeing where the PS3 and Vita started and how far they have come in UI and features makes me excited to see how much the PS4 is going to change in the same time frame. I mean they already have the promise of Gaikai.

Skyzard

Banned
Oh what does it mean? Ive never actually heard of rarity of trophies. Is that something new they are doing for ps4?

Like telling you how many other people on your friendlist or in the world have it?

I think it's something pathetic like not being able to show if it's a platinum or something

-ohh if it's like what steam has with the percentages then that's awesome for ps4!

VXLbeast

There's literally four fucking threads on this, lol.

Sounds like some nice general improvements. Think we'll ever see a GUI redeisng to bring it more in line with PS4? Wouldn't mind that at all. Never was a big fan of the bubbles.

Edit: Wario thread is real thread.

Carl

Wait, so this doesn't add PS4 to the Content Manager app right? So you can't download stuff on PS4 and then transfer it to Vita?

I wasn't sure what they meant by "rarity". I don't think it means that though, right?
Various trophy showcase sites like PSNProfiles.com will show you how "rare" a trophy is, meaning the percentage people who have played the game who have it. Would seem the PS4 will have similar statistics built in.

Oh what does it mean? Ive never actually heard of rarity of trophies. Is that something new they are doing for ps4?

Like telling you how many other people on your friendlist or in the world have it?

That's exactly what it sounds like. Pretty much every trophy tracking site has a rarity percentage but since they're limited to the people that use the site, it isn't really that accurate. Having global stats for each trophy will be pretty interesting.

Various trophy showcase sites like PSNProfiles.com will show you how "rare" a trophy is, meaning the percentage people who have played the game who have it. Would seem the PS4 will have similar statistics built in.

Yet the still refuse to share Gameplay time stats with Raptr.

Nice to see the friends list is getting improved. Hopefully (on PS4 at least) they'll someday add in the feature to create groups for friends. I've been putting a lot of GAFfers on my friends list and would like to be able to sort them into a GAF group and putting real life friends into another.

Top Bottom