• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart |OT| Next-gen just got riveting....

Garani

I flipped back and forth a bit between the two modes at the beginning playable portion of the game before action starts. Honestly, I am fine with Fidelity at 30 for this particular game. For Spider-Man MM, once I played performance mode (before the RT patch), I couldn't play it in fidelity mode. This game, for me, is fine in Fidelity mode as well.
I agree. This game is special on many levels.

Entroyp

I managed to play for a few hours last night. I thought I was prepared to witness those beautiful graphics and I was still blown away, even my wife who’s not a gamer noticed how good the game looks. The new gameplay mechanics makes this the best playing RnC game in my experience by far.

Sound, voice acting and animation are superb too. Insomniac gave this game a soul of its own and that’s something that I rarely experience.

I can’t wait to go back into the multiverse after I’m done with the work day. Oh, and Rivet is great!

Last edited:

Entroyp

I flipped back and forth a bit between the two modes at the beginning playable portion of the game before action starts. Honestly, I am fine with Fidelity at 30 for this particular game. For Spider-Man MM, once I played performance mode (before the RT patch), I couldn't play it in fidelity mode. This game, for me, is fine in Fidelity mode as well.
I normally have issues with 30fps games on my LG CX but for some reason this games is totally fine. Can’t really tell why.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Butter smooth, locked 30

Butter smooth 30 fps

homer simpson GIF

makaveli60

I was worried that my copy won’t arrive today as I ordered it from the cheapest store (it was 10 € cheaper than digital even with the delivery price included), but here it is. My new sound system also arrived today and my new 4k hdr tv has been ready for almost a year. So half a year after purchasing my ps5 I’m fully ready to immerse myself in nextgen.

It starts here, enjoy fellas...

4o00Ygo.jpg

Entroyp

the trick is not to switch back and forth. it's a rookie mistake too many people make.
Nope, it’s not that. I’ve switched back and forth on multiple games before and I just can’t do 30fps modes on those games. I always try all modes first but for some reason this one is fine at 30fps for me. Of course I’m not saying it’s the same experience as the 60fps mode, just that’s actually fine.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The TV yes but I think it’s not enabled on PS5 yet. There’s a dude here on GAF who’s obsessed with VRR and keeps repeating that 24/7.
VRR only works between 45-60 fps so it wont help with 30 fps. thats why its so funny to see him go on and on about this. for games with locked framerate like this, vrr does nothing.

I think gsync works for 30 fps and above but im not a 100% sure.

Entroyp

VRR only works between 45-60 fps so it wont help with 30 fps. thats why its so funny to see him go on and on about this. for games with locked framerate like this, vrr does nothing.

Yup, I always wondered what’s the point of VRR for 30 fps games if it’s basically worthless at that framerate.

Riky

$MSFT

It's funny you're wrong, VRR works up to 120fps and you forget LFC.
I'm not playing anything at 30fps anyway. Using Performance RT mode for this game.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
The TV yes but I think it’s not enabled on PS5 yet. There’s a dude here on GAF who’s obsessed with VRR and keeps repeating that 24/7.

Yeah... that's right. I think. I haven't kept up with that feature. I guess I don't know what else it could be... but.. as long as it's good and playable, I guess I'm happy with it. :)

noise36

Played the intro section, beating Dr Nefarious?, its good fun my kid was having a great time, lots going on all over the screen, very polished and smooth with nice transitions between cut scenes and game play.

Not sure I agree with all the hyperbole about the graphics, yes looks great but can also look very ordinary at times.

Gameplay is very familiar for those that played the last game.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Anybody else with a 120hz screen notice it outputs in PS5 performance mode, reads 120hz on my LG.

Kilau

Gold Member
Damn this game is pretty. I'm so tempted to drop into fidelity mode but I've been playing on performance RT and it looks and plays so great.

HotPocket69

Banned
Gotta replay Into The Nexus after this. That was the last true canon R&C game that just came and went, but it was great. Also the first time they sacrificed the 60fps for 30 to get the better visuals.

shubik

So I think I have a game breaking bug... I can´t use the square button as Rivet. It simply not responding. Not for melee and not for contextualized story progression points. I´m stuck in the second level and don´t know what to do. Reloading hasn´t worked. Anybody has the same issue or an idea what to do?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
So I think I have a game breaking bug... I can´t use the square button as Rivet. It simply not responding. Not for melee and not for contextualized story progression points. I´m stuck in the second level and don´t know what to do. Reloading hasn´t worked. Anybody has the same issue or an idea what to do?
Restart the game or the checkpoint?

Edit: That was what you meant with reloading?

Maybe try to override with another cloud save?

Last edited:

GymWolf

Is it me or rivet looks a bit more detailed than ratchet?! I can't quite put the fingers on what details tho, maybe the face...

Even her facial expression look more realistic than ratchet that onestly look like a moron half the times he is in a pic :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Does this game do the thing where the audio language is locked to your system langue and can't be selected in the game? All R&C games on PS3/PS4 did this, and it's so annoying. I never want to hear the Swedish VA in this game (or any game), so I want to know if I should just set my PS5 to English before starting the game.

Last edited:

Ogbert

About an hour into it. Visuals are stunning especially the cinematics (I wont use the P word but its getting there). Core gameplay loop however is unconvincing, repetitive enemies and shooting feels soooooo lacking after Returnal.
I actually think the opposite. There is far more weapon variety. A couple are hit and miss - not too keen on the bounce gun and the grenades are underwhelming - but the combat is really enjoyable on the whole.

The one thing that’s not right ( and has never been right) is ratchet’s floaty jump. Still feels too wishy washy.

Top Bottom