• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart previews dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Im normaly not for cartoony looking games but man this looks soo good. The graphics are one part but also the animations blend soo well with the graphics that it makes it look 10x more impressive. Insomniac are really one fo my favorite devs now, just love there games.

Venom Snake

hj5zi3.jpg

Stooky

I didn't see it at first but wow that is bad lol.

Anyway, just watched some of those previews, this game looks absolutely bonkers. I'm all over it. I don't see how you can be a "gamer" (boy I hate that term) and not be excited for this, at the very least for the progress it represents? It's by far the "best looking" overall game I've ever seen anywhere. How is that not exciting for the medium?

And just as I predicted all of the "Pixar" and "animated film" comparisons are coming out, and it's no accident. Insomniac was apparently shooting for that goal based on what some of these previews say. Including hiring someone who worked on CG films to work on this game.

Bring it on. :)
Most art devs have CG film experience.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Sounds promising! But Sweden is tiny, it all depends if Jim think we matter enough that he sends extra units here.

Sweden: 10M
Oman: 4.2M

And yet we keep getting batches after batches of PS5's! Of course, zero Xboxes on the other side, no official stores are selling it, nor they did with any xbox before.

Usually I get my cock out and do some stuff with it but I'm currently in the office and that'd get me into a heap of trouble.

But for today I'll survey the area, casually drop my pen on the floor and gently graze my cock as I pick it up. That should get me by.

When I get home after work though...

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Illo

It amazes me how far this series has come from A Crack in Time and the PS4 Remake/Reimagining. Insomniac was always my favorite not-Nintendo game company, but geez they just never stopped progressing with each new game. It's going to hurt to see people reviewing this game and see any score less than previous titles. But then again, I still haven't played the game to say but, but looking at what I'm seeing, I feel like I don't have to.

Papacheeks

Banned
Usually I get my cock out and do some stuff with it but I'm currently in the office and that'd get me into a heap of trouble.

But for today I'll survey the area, casually drop my pen on the floor and gently graze my cock as I pick it up. That should get me by.

When I get home after work though...

tenor.gif

There are times we go too far, and you my friend have.

Get a bucket and a mop.........

skit_data

Damn, I’m not a big R&C fan but the gifs all over twitter are seriously taking it’s toll on my ability to resist a purchase. I bought Demon’s Souls and Returnal at full price because they are more up my alley, but i was planning on waiting for a sale with Rift Apart.

Starting to get really hard to justify waiting for that sale for each of these crazy gifs, and it’s still another month until actual reviews. It’s looking really really good.

Damn, I’m not a big R&C fan but the gifs all over twitter are seriously taking it’s toll on my ability to resist a purchase. I bought Demon’s Souls and Returnal at full price because they are more up my alley, but i was planning on waiting for a sale with Rift Apart.

Starting to get really hard to justify waiting for that sale for each of these crazy gifs, and it’s still another month until actual reviews. It’s looking really really good.
Empty the bank bro.

Make a loan if you have to. Its PS Studios.

I'm sure there's someone in your neighborhood who needs to have their lawn mowed?

Last edited:

zkorejo

Honestly making me want a PS5. I'll wait to see if I still want to waste $500 on a PS5 after playing BioMutant first.
Same here. But I keep telling myself one game isn't worth buying a console for. I will wait till there are atleast three games like this that I can't say no to. Since I'm not interested in any other games out now.

Fredrik

Sweden: 10M
Oman: 4.2M

And yet we keep getting batches after batches of PS5's! Of course, zero Xboxes on the other side, no official stores are selling it, nor they did with any xbox before.
Well then I don’t know what’s the deal, maybe Jim hates that next Battlefield might launch on Gamepass or something. 🤷‍♂️
Oh well, Xbox One was officially delayed a whole year here so it could be worse, or as you say no official launch at all.

Same here. But I keep telling myself one game isn't worth buying a console for. I will wait till there are atleast three games like this that I can't say no to. Since I'm not interested in any other games out now.
This is me too, generally 3-5 must haves before I buy a platform. R&C is #1 so far, looks awesome.

I might get some hate for this but it seems like a mature and extended version of Skylanders type gameplay with better personality of course.

John Wick

I think honestly we will see more consoles this summer. Just keep looking and i think people here might help you out. I think the buy, sell trade thread is a good place to have pinned and check every week.

If I find one for you I'll try to send you a DM.

Where do you like US, UK, EU?
Lol! When you find one by the time you DM him it will have sold out. They literally sell out in seconds

So... 4k30 OR 1080p60.

If I had a PS5, I'd play it at 1080p60 simply because my TV is that resolution (so it'd look sharp) AND extremely fluid at 60 fps.
Developer Insomniac confirmed it would offer 4K resolution with 30fps, while 60fps was also possible with a lower, and unspecified, resolution.
If I had to guess, it will be like Miles Morales: 4K/30 with RT reflections, 1440p with Temporal Injection at 60 fps without RT.
And if they follow the same route, they'll make an option to run the game at 1080p/60 with RT.
I doubt the have to cut back the resolution that much and remove RT to get the game to run at 60.

So... 4k30 OR 1080p60.

If I had a PS5, I'd play it at 1080p60 simply because my TV is that resolution (so it'd look sharp) AND extremely fluid at 60 fps.

1080P?

Couldn't really find that in the article that you posted. Did Insomniac confirm the resolution of the 60FPs mode?

Razvedka

Banned
This really does look like a highly polished CG flick. I've had friends talk to me about this game that don't even play R&C. They can't get over how it looks.

I wonder how long this game will be "the bar" for that kind of wow factor.

If I had to guess, it will be like Miles Morales: 4K/30 with RT reflections, 1440p with Temporal Injection at 60 fps without RT.
And if they follow the same route, they'll make an option to run the game at 1080p/60 with RT.
I doubt the have to cut back the resolution that much and remove RT to get the game to run at 60.
I thought MM offered a 1440p RT 60fps mode too? Which would be the ideal solution for R&C in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom