• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, all Bloodborne players who haven't played Souls before, how's it going?

So....was I supposed to kill the hunter ( with the machine guy on the tower) in Old Yharnam. I tackled his ass off the roof oop.

If he's spotted you already then you kind of have to kill him. You can get him to be an ally however by approaching him from a different way, as outlined in the wiki [LINK]

If he's spotted you already then you kind of have to kill him. You can get him to be an ally however by approaching him from a different way, as outlined in the wiki [LINK]
Thank you. This will be saved for another playthrough (if I ever finish my current one....)

Yes, kill everyone!

If you tackle the game in a very specific way he becomes friendly, but otherwise yeah, you are suppose to kill him.

Oh...well once I went left past the bridge and down those stairs I guess that decided it.

Killing him is ok (though you don't need to). He drops the powder keg badge upon death. If you don't have it yet quit out of the game and reload and the badge should be waiting for you on top of the tower.
Oh there was a BADGE!? Oh crap I have to go back. Does it give new armor, weapon or what?

Oh there was a BADGE!? Oh crap I have to go back. Does it give new armor, weapon or what?

You get the badge by either killing him (you need to pick up the dropped item if you've missed it) or if you befriend him. Additionally, if you kill him you'll get access to his "Ashen Hunter" armor set to buy. You can use the badge to buy things like the Rifle Spear (which is dope, imo) and the Stake Driver.

ramyeon

That's not true. You can befriend him as long as you don't climb the ladder and attack him, it doesn't matter if he's spotted and shot at you before.

Befriending him gives you a cool gesture but that's the only bonus.

That's not true. You can befriend him as long as you don't climb the ladder and attack him, it doesn't matter if he's spotted and shot at you before.

Yeah but regardless you'll need to at least face
Darkbeast Paarl
and open the back path into Old Yharnam. That can be a huge pain in the ass if all you want is a gesture.

ramyeon

Yeah but regardless you'll need to at least face
Darkbeast Paarl
and open the back path into Old Yharnam. That can be a huge pain in the ass if all you want is a gesture.
It's not that big of a deal. He's easy to get by and there's not much reason to kill him early on unless you're keen on getting the Stake Driver asap (You can pick up the Rifle Spear in that area). All I'm saying is that what you said about needing to kill him if he spotted you isn't true.

Saya

Had loads of fun with the game, but right now I am trying to get through the Nightmare Frontier area and it just sucked the fun out of it for me. The design and enemies in this area are definitely my least favorite until now.

Did anyone else also just use one kind of melee weapon and gun throughout the whole game? So far I basically stuck with the saw cleaver and the blunderbuss. Maybe during my next play-through I'll experiment with other weapons. Not sure if I make it intentionally harder for myself, but so far I've been ok.

Had loads of fun with the game, but right now I am trying to get through the Nightmare Frontier area and it just sucked the fun out of it for me. The design and enemies in this area are definitely my least favorite until now.

Did anyone else also just use one kind of melee weapon and gun throughout the whole game? So far I basically stuck with the saw cleaver and the blunderbuss. Maybe during my next play-through I'll experiment with other weapons. Not sure if I make it intentionally harder for myself, but so far I've been ok.

I had the exact issues with that area, hated it. I legged it to the boss and didn't even bother exploring. I despised the first part of the unseen village with all the chime maidens but that area gets better close to the boss, who happens to be one of the easiest in the game. Just inside that main building of mensis and to be honest I just want the game to end now. I will go insane if I have to do anymore grinding. Can I finish the game at level 80 with a plus 9 weapon??

Can I finish the game at level 80 with a plus 9 weapon??

Absolutely. Especially since [major spoiler]
you are given the choice to not fight the last boss at all for one of the endings, and the boss prior to that is one of the easiest in the game.
Sorry to hear the game's worn out its welcome with you.

Did anyone else also just use one kind of melee weapon and gun throughout the whole game?

Yeah, the design is such a departure from the rest of the game-- understandably since it's a "nightmare" version of a place that isn't Yharnam or its surroundings-- that it throws off a lot of people. I liked the change of pace personally, but really dislike those rock throwing bastards.

As for weapons, I used the Threaded Cane throughout my entire playthough. I did level up the Tonitrus a bit as well as the Blades of Mercy but only used them in very specific circumstances. As for guns I used Hunter's Pistol -> Repeating Pistol -> Cannon -> Evelyn. Evelyn grew on me to the point where I can't imagine not playing with it because it's quick and uses only 1QS which, if what I'm going for is a parry, is all I'll need.

Absolutely. Especially since [major spoiler]
you are given the choice to not fight the last boss at all for one of the endings, and the boss prior to that is one of the easiest in the game.
Sorry to hear the game's worn out its welcome with you.

I have 2 pieces of cord and Im about to get the the third, there is no way I'm not getting that proper ending.

idwl

I have 2 pieces of cord and Im about to get the the third, there is no way I'm not getting that proper ending.

I'm in the same situation. I don't want it to end, I never expected to like the game this much. I bought the ps4 with bloodborne, the witcher 3 and the last of us and I played the witcher 3 almost exclusively for about a month after having played bloodborne for about 3 hours I am so glad I went back to it.

Ok I'm at the end of the game. How can I see all three endings??

Can I create a new save before I face the last boss??

A friend told me he did that but I have no idea how he did that as there is nothing in the menu to do that. I have also read that NG+ starts as soon as I finish the game and I can't return to do the other options with the last boss.

Any suggestions

A friend told me he did that but I have no idea how he did that as there is nothing in the menu to do that. I have also read that NG+ starts as soon as I finish the game and I can't return to do the other options with the last boss.

Any suggestions

Yea, just copy your save file to a usb
before you consume your cords and before you face the boss
. Then just re-upload the save file from the usb.

And yes, NG+ starts right up after the game ends. There is no option to go back once that happens.

FireCloud

Any suggestions

....or if you have PS+, before starting the end game, make sure the latest save is backed up to the cloud. Then after each ending, just download the save from the cloud which will replace the save on the PS4. That's what I did.

....or if you have PS+, before starting the end game, make sure the latest save is backed up to the cloud. Then after each ending, just download the save from the cloud which will replace the save on the PS4. That's what I did.

Doesn't that risk overwriting the file when you don't mean to? I can't even save because mine is full, heh.

Also, for people trying to plat in one run
Immediately die when fighting Moon presence so you can buy Gherman's weapon from the badge you get for beating him.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
DEFEATED ROM!!!

Whew! She was a biiiiiiiiiiitch.

First off - how the fuck are you supposed to know to jump into the water? Maybe I'm an idiot, but I had to look that up - I was so confused and wasted 30 minutes just wandering around.

Anyway, though, she destroyed me at first. I was just burning through blood vials, and I lost 35,000 echoes on my second battle because I couldn't find the damn blood stain - that stings. Second battle, I used fire paper on my Ludwig and it helped - but her AOE is killer and those spiders with their venom are so annoying.

By my fifth try, I had enough - I was 50 blood vials in the hole, and down to just a couple fire papers. I upgraded that electric bolt staff - which was a waste of gems, because that thing did me NO good at all. So, yeah, lots of wasted items and time.

But I decided to give it one more go - thought to myself how I was always dying when I had less than 100% health. Thing is, I don't want to waste vials - but dying over and over isn't helping. So this time, I figuredI could take most hits if I was always at 100% health. So every timeI got hit, I drank a vial. Sure enough - that helped me get through. With my Ludwig, two fire papers, and about 14 vials, I managed to defeat Rom. Whew! What an exhilarating fight that last time - but easily the most "annoying" fight so far... I'm not a fan of having scrubs/mobs distract you. Vicar Amelia, for example, while difficult as hell (the toughest boss so far, IMO) is easily my favorite fight (that wasn't easy).

Anyway - so now I'm back in Yahar'gul?! The fuck? This game is crazy - I think I'm following the story... kind of. Looks like things are under a pale blood moon, and I notice the beasts are becoming more common/crazy, while hunters and people hiding are disappearing... thus the night is getting worse. Anyway, decided that's a good place to call it for tonight; but definitely can't wait to play some more once I take a break for a couple days.

Something I've noticed, and shared with my friend, is that I'm coming to realize there's good strategy and bad strategy; and knowing the "tricks" of the game is immensely helpful. That said, there are lots of different ways to play - there's not a wrong "style" of play. And that means that somethings are harder for me than others; but other things are easier for me than others (for example, I destroyed the hunter that ran down the stairs right before on my first try). This game gives you the power to play how you play, but understanding the combat is critical.

Still loving my Ludwig - pretty much the only item I use now.

So, questions:

1. Is that it for Byrgenwerth? That seemed really small/short considering it's alluded to for hours.

2. With Father G, Vicar Amelia, BSB, witches, and others... and Rom... behind me - are the toughest bosses behind me, or am I gonna get fucked here soon?

3. Roughly how close to the end of the main campaign am I?

4. I'm currently level... 58(?) after killing Rom and leveling up. Something like 30 vitality and 30 strength with 25 endurance (going for a pure strength/health build). Am I on the right track, or am I over/under leveled?

So, questions:

1. Is that it for Byrgenwerth? That seemed really small/short considering it's alluded to for hours.

2. With Father G, Vicar Amelia, BSB, witches, and others... and Rom... behind me - are the toughest bosses behind me, or am I gonna get fucked here soon?

3. Roughly how close to the end of the main campaign am I?

4. I'm currently level... 58(?) after killing Rom and leveling up. Something like 30 vitality and 30 strength with 25 endurance (going for a pure strength/health build). Am I on the right track, or am I over/under leveled?

Sounds like you have the same build as me and I'm at the end. Just got the last 2 bosses to face. I have one optional area to explore which is home to 2 bosses so I will probably do that before finishing the game.

Q1: yes that's it, it's very short
Q2: I have yet to face a boss as hard as Amelia or as fun as shadows of yharnam. The last 3 bosses I faced (which are all mandatory) have been the easiest in the game
Q3: that depends on you. Have you been to cainhurst? Have you unlocked the lecture building? Have you unlocked upper cathedral ward? From where you are you can finish in 3 hours if you want to sprint to the end. If you want to do the optional areas you could have as much as 10hrs left, depending on how long it takes you to kill the bosses
Q4: sounds like your on track. I'm level 84 using Ludwigs at +9 and I have only ever put starts on health, stamina, strength and a bit of skill and I have sailed through the game. Only struggled on the unseen village as that area is the most obnoxious in the game.

Hop that helps. Sounds like your on the right track

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
DEFEATED ROM!!!

First off - how the fuck are you supposed to know to jump into the water? Maybe I'm an idiot, but I had to look that up - I was so confused and wasted 30 minutes just wandering around.

Anyway, though, she destroyed me at first. I was just burning through blood vials, and I lost 35,000 echoes on my second battle because I couldn't find the damn blood stain - that stings. Second battle, I used fire paper on my Ludwig and it helped - but her AOE is killer and those spiders with their venom are so annoying.
Bolt paper is better than fire against her, and other Kin (Great Ones, alien things). Fire is better against beasts. Bolt really wrecks Rom.
By my fifth try, I had enough - I was 50 blood vials in the hole, and down to just a couple fire papers. I upgraded that electric bolt staff - which was a waste of gems, because that thing did me NO good at all.
Whaaaa? Tonitrus absolutely demolishes Rom, especially if you use the buff.

Anyway, you got her so it's all good, but man, my Tonitrus user destroyed her, and my Ludwig guy + bolt paper guy just annihilated her as well.

For mandatory/story bosses, it gets easier. For optional bosses, well, you ain't seen nothing yet. xD

Melchiah

DEFEATED ROM!!!

I thought it was pretty obvious, when Master Willem pointed to that direction.

There are two optional bosses, that are harder than any of the mandatory ones.

Saya

Made some good progress last night. Killed
Darkbeast Paarl
and
The Reborn One
. I had some issued with
The Reborn One
until I found out you can go up the second level behind the boss and kill the witches. After a lot of searching and frustration I also got the Upper Cathedral Ward key from the
Unseen Village
. It's easy when you know the route, but discovering the area with the re-spawning enemies was quite tough.

Hardest fight so far were the
three hunters
in the Unseen Village. It was really challenging taking them on.

Right now I have three options on where to go I guess:

1. Finish the Nightmare Frontier.
2. Finish the Nightmare Mensis area.
3. Finish the Upper Cathedral Ward area.

Any ideas in which order I should do these?

Melchiah

Right now I have three options on where to go I guess:

1. Finish the Nightmare Frontier.
2. Finish the Nightmare Mensis area.
3. Finish the Upper Cathedral Ward area.

Any ideas in which order I should do these?

Any order would be fine, but it might be better to leave the third for last as it's the hardest of them. Although, the frenzy effect in the second can also be a pain in the ass. I take it, that you've already visited
Cainhurst Castle?

Saya

Any order would be fine, but it might be better to leave the third for last as it's the hardest of them. Although, the frenzy effect in the second can also be a pain in the ass. I take it, that you've already visited
Cainhurst Castle?

Haven't been there yet! How do I get there?

Also, what is a great place to farm blood vials?

Melchiah

You get
Cainhurst Summons from Losefka's clinic, by going there through the cave behind the house in the village of Forbidden Woods, where there are dog cages. When you have it, you go to the crossroads in Hemwick Charnel Lane.
EDIT: Remember to activate the first lantern in
Cainhurst Castle
, as you won't be able to go back there otherwise if you die there.

Best place to farm Blood Echoes is between the second and third lantern in
Nightmare of Mensis
, and using them to buy supplies. If you haven't reached there yet,
Hemwick Charnel Lane and Forbidden Woods
grant you a good amount of echoes as well.

start in the witches abode.

do a one 180 and. Take out the three executioners with the big axes. Each one will have 2 - 3 vials. Repeat the run about 4 or 5 times and you're sorted. You can also then spend the echos on vials.

Mergo's middle is also a cracking farming spot for vials and echos

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Sounds like you have the same build as me and I'm at the end. Just got the last 2 bosses to face. I have one optional area to explore which is home to 2 bosses so I will probably do that before finishing the game.

Q1: yes that's it, it's very short
Q2: I have yet to face a boss as hard as Amelia or as fun as shadows of yharnam. The last 3 bosses I faced (which are all mandatory) have been the easiest in the game
Q3: that depends on you. Have you been to cainhurst? Have you unlocked the lecture building? Have you unlocked upper cathedral ward? From where you are you can finish in 3 hours if you want to sprint to the end. If you want to do the optional areas you could have as much as 10hrs left, depending on how long it takes you to kill the bosses
Q4: sounds like your on track. I'm level 84 using Ludwigs at +9 and I have only ever put starts on health, stamina, strength and a bit of skill and I have sailed through the game. Only struggled on the unseen village as that area is the most obnoxious in the game.

Hop that helps. Sounds like your on the right track

Bolt paper is better than fire against her, and other Kin (Great Ones, alien things). Fire is better against beasts. Bolt really wrecks Rom.

Whaaaa? Tonitrus absolutely demolishes Rom, especially if you use the buff.

Anyway, you got her so it's all good, but man, my Tonitrus user destroyed her, and my Ludwig guy + bolt paper guy just annihilated her as well.

For mandatory/story bosses, it gets easier. For optional bosses, well, you ain't seen nothing yet. xD

I thought it was pretty obvious, when Master Willem pointed to that direction.

There are two optional bosses, that are harder than any of the mandatory ones.

Thanks, everyone! That helps a lot.

I definitely plan to do the optional stuff - though I feel like I may have missed a lot of stuff in the first 1-6 hours of the game, so looking forward to a replay. Glad to hear I'm on the right track. Never used bolt paper before - good to know for next time.

What's everyone's favorite strength-build weapon to compliment the Ludwig Holy Blade? I use that pretty much exclusively, and am debating what I'd like to start using with it.

This game is so weird in its production values: It oozes atmosphere, runs great, and has a fully realized world. Everything feels very much "AAA," and it's a new IP too boot. But at the same time, while it feels like a complete package, there are places where I think the game needed more time or money. Brygenwerth is a perfect example: I can't imagine the designers wanted it to be that short. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine area - but I wonder what it could have been. Same with a lower quantity (from what I've heard) of loot/weapons. Makes me curious what a sequel might look like.

Marjorine

Hemwick Charnel Lane
grant you a good amount of echoes as well.

When I needed to level up a bit I hit this area hard. The large guys with the sword that you fight grant you a ton, especially in NG+. I start at the lantern near
where you fight the witch boss
and work my way backward to the
Hemwick Charnel Lane lantern
. Tons of echos, tons of vials. Good area for farming.

Melchiah

When I needed to level up a bit I hit this area hard. The large guys with the sword that you fight grant you a ton, especially in NG+. I start at the lantern near
where you fight the witch boss
and work my way backward to the
Hemwick Charnel Lane lantern
. Tons of echos, tons of vials. Good area for farming.

Yeah, that used to be my farming round as well, going from one lantern to another, before I reached a certain level and it started giving less echoes.

EDIT: The 1st floor of
Nightmare Lecture Building
is a good and quick place to farm as well.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
This game is so weird in its production values: It oozes atmosphere, runs great, and has a fully realized world. Everything feels very much "AAA," and it's a new IP too boot. But at the same time, while it feels like a complete package, there are places where I think the game needed more time or money. Brygenwerth is a perfect example: I can't imagine the designers wanted it to be that short. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine area - but I wonder what it could have been. Same with a lower quantity (from what I've heard) of loot/weapons. Makes me curious what a sequel might look like.

I'm betting that Brygenwerth will be the subject of the upcoming DLC. Doesn't make sense that such a fundamentally important area should be left so bereft of actual content.

Hopeford

Speaking of DLC, have we heard anything about a possible release date? Going through the Souls series now and loving it, but I want more Bloodborne dammit.

Skel1ingt0n

Yooooooooo .... that hunter at the end of Eileen's story was a pain in the ass. Holy shit that was tough.

I tried the door trick, kept the hunter in the stairs, let it just kill its own health, threw poison knives at it... ... killed me in like 2 seconds time and time again.

But then I did the R2 jump with my Ludwig, which let me kept my distance up. Got one.final.slice in right as the hunter killed me. We died at the same time. Came back and collected my rewards.

Toughest boss in the game so far, IMO. It doesn't even kind of play by the same rules as what I'm forced to play by.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What's everyone's favorite strength-build weapon to compliment the Ludwig Holy Blade? I use that pretty much exclusively, and am debating what I'd like to start using with it.
Ludwig is more Quality (Str/Dex equally) than pure strength, but my Ludwig user doesn't really use any other weapon. I have a stake driver (which also scales with both str/dex) but almost never use it.

I do sometimes use the cannon as a boss finisher occasionally, though.

That actually reminds me, one of the problems I have with Bloodborne (vs past Souls games) is the blood gem system. I don't really like it, because it makes it difficult to keep backup/alternate weapons around. You don't only need to upgrade the weapon to keep it viable and strong, you need good gems too, and you rarely get enough to split among two weapons (let alone more) unless you make completely different types of weapons (e.g. arcane, fire, bolt gems), which is more suited for an arcane build only.

So because of that, on almost all of my characters, I pretty much "main" only one weapon at one point in time: the one with the best blood gems stacked in it, and whatever backup weapon I have starts to lag behind. The solutions are either to split your best blood gems among two weapons, which is not optimal because it dilutes the attack power instead of stacking it for maximum damage, or to farm for more blood gems to have enough to split among the weapons, which is tedious and annoying and grindy.

I think it might be because the best blood gems are simply about % of damage boosts. If blood gems were, say, the special properties only -- add poison/bleed effects, HP regen, Regain Up, ATK Up vs Beasts/Down vs Kin, etc. it might be interesting; you could stack poison gems on one weapon, for example, and stack Atk UP vs Beasts gems on another and switch between weapons according to the situation or your preferred tactics. But why bother when the Attack% gems are simply the best by far?

I hope Bloodborne 2 has a better balance or ditches the blood gem system altogether and replaces it with something better.

Yooooooooo .... that hunter at the end of Eileen's story was a pain in the ass. Holy shit that was tough.

I tried the door trick, kept the hunter in the stairs, let it just kill its own health, threw poison knives at it... ... killed me in like 2 seconds time and time again.

But then I did the R2 jump with my Ludwig, which let me kept my distance up. Got one.final.slice in right as the hunter killed me. We died at the same time. Came back and collected my rewards.

Toughest boss in the game so far, IMO. It doesn't even kind of play by the same rules as what I'm forced to play by.

Yep that guy was a straight up douche

DaciaJC

Gold Member
That actually reminds me, one of the problems I have with Bloodborne (vs past Souls games) is the blood gem system. I don't really like it, because it makes it difficult to keep backup/alternate weapons around. You don't only need to upgrade the weapon to keep it viable and strong, you need good gems too, and you rarely get enough to split among two weapons (let alone more) unless you make completely different types of weapons (e.g. arcane, fire, bolt gems), which is more suited for an arcane build only.

So because of that, on almost all of my characters, I pretty much "main" only one weapon at one point in time: the one with the best blood gems stacked in it, and whatever backup weapon I have starts to lag behind. The solutions are either to split your best blood gems among two weapons, which is not optimal because it dilutes the attack power instead of stacking it for maximum damage, or to farm for more blood gems to have enough to split among the weapons, which is tedious and annoying and grindy.

I think it might be because the best blood gems are simply about % of damage boosts. If blood gems were, say, the special properties only -- add poison/bleed effects, HP regen, Regain Up, ATK Up vs Beasts/Down vs Kin, etc. it might be interesting; you could stack poison gems on one weapon, for example, and stack Atk UP vs Beasts gems on another and switch between weapons according to the situation or your preferred tactics. But why bother when the Attack% gems are simply the best by far?

I hope Bloodborne 2 has a better balance or ditches the blood gem system altogether and replaces it with something better.

Agreed in full.

Bloody Crow is legit the hardest "boss" in the game I think. Mainly due to him having unlimited bullets...

Skel1ingt0n

Ugh.

You know how you know you're addicted to a game? I accidentally threw a level into Arcane with my Strength/Skill build using the Ludwig. I quickly realized how dumb that was, and here I am four hours later and a few levels higher, reading about the meta game and the 110 level cap most people impose in PVP, and it's absolutely KILLING me I wasted a point in Arcane that should have been used elsewhere.

I know it doesn't matter... but someone, please tell me it's gonna be okay.

It's over I have finished the game, I have all three trophies for the endings and defeated all the bosses.

I really loved the game but some of those bosses at the end were cheap and lazy.

gehrman
was a fantastic boss fight and a real fitting end to the game, and my opinion should have ended there as
moon presence
was a let down

Finally made it through defiled. That was the hardest thing I've done in the game. Now just need me some jellies.

Congrats! It felt like such a weight lifted when I finally made it through Defiled as well. As for the Red Jelly, did you grab the bit you find in the main game already? I picked up the others in Great Isz and that was a lot easier. I also prefer that Chalice to Loran, especially the echo farm that is Floor 3 :)

Ugh.

I know it doesn't matter... but someone, please tell me it's gonna be okay.

Do you plan to put a lot of time into PvP? If not I'd say don't worry about it. Keep leveling up if you want that "wasted" point will be moot in no time.

It's over I have finished the game, I have all three trophies for the endings and defeated all the bosses.

I really loved the game but some of those bosses at the end were cheap and lazy.

gehrman
was a fantastic boss fight and a real fitting end to the game, and my opinion should have ended there as
moon presence
was a let down

I didn't really find any boss in BB to cheap or lazy; ones I might've felt "cheap" because of how they were just a grinder for me for a while were much easier for my friends due to their attack strategies and different builds, and vice versa with other bosses. I will say that I definitely have bosses that I enjoyed (regardless of difficulty) vs. ones I didn't though. I totally agree with you that
Gehrman was a great boss and though it makes sense why Moon Presence came after, I still would've preferred that Gehrman had been the true ending final boss somehow.

Congrats! It felt like such a weight lifted when I finally made it through Defiled as well. As for the Red Jelly, did you grab the bit you find in the main game already? I picked up the others in Great Isz and that was a lot easier. I also prefer that Chalice to Loran, especially the echo farm that is Floor 3 :)

Do you plan to put a lot of time into PvP? If not I'd say don't worry about it. Keep leveling up if you want that "wasted" point will be moot in no time.

I didn't really find any boss in BB to cheap or lazy; ones I might've felt "cheap" because of how they were just a grinder for me for a while were much easier for my friends due to their attack strategies and different builds, and vice versa with other bosses. I will say that I definitely have bosses that I enjoyed (regardless of difficulty) vs. ones I didn't though. I totally agree with you that
Gehrman was a great boss and though it makes sense why Moon Presence came after, I still would've preferred that Gehrman had been the true ending final boss somehow.

micolash, one reborn, wet nurse, celestial emissary and moon presence
were all lazy. Don't get me wrong fantastic artistically but lazy in design in my opinion.

bluedawgs

Banned
Never played a Souls game before, got Bloodborne on launch day, one of the best games I've ever played. I got the game, put it in the PS4, and played for 10 hours straight. All that time was dedicated just at the first part in Central Yahrnam. Took me nearly 12 hours just to get to the Cleric Beast. I was like fuck me I will never beat this. I stuck to it though and beat Bloodborne on April 4th. Played it every day for hours upon hours. It was so damn good. I ended up beating it in 44 hours. I now have like 75 hours into it because I'm trying to beat it a second time. Now that's hard. I'm stuck on Vicar Amelia but I'm not really playing it much right now because I'm invested in The Witcher 3. Since I beat Bloodborne I now think I'm a super hardcore gamer so I'm playing The Witcher on the hardest difficulty. Bad idea, will never again. Can't wait for the Bloodborne expansion. I have a really cool costume and character in Bloodborne so I cherish my save file dearly.

Skel1ingt0n

I need some serious tips for martyr lagarius. I'm getting no where near him. Has anyone in this thread beaten him using a two handed weapon?

I killed him using the Ludwig.

When he flies into the air, dodge forward and to the left as he comes down to you. He'll miss 100% of the time if you do it right. Turn around, and get one or two good slashes in and back the fuck off. Rinse and repeat. Got him on my third try that way.

Honestly, none of his attacks would one-shot me, so don't be afraid (assuming you have a lot) to just keep topping off your vitality with blood vials. If you're always 100%, you'll have a good bit of survivability.

Also, when he "shoves his thing into the ground" and things start attacking you - there's no huge rush to destroy it. Worry more about not getting hit by Ladarius, and go in when you have a free moment.

FireCloud

Doesn't that risk overwriting the file when you don't mean to? I can't even save because mine is full, heh.

Also, for people trying to plat in one run
Immediately die when fighting Moon presence so you can buy Gherman's weapon from the badge you get for beating him.

If you want to be sure that your cloud save isn't overwritten while going through the three endings, you can go into settings and disable automatically uploading save data while you are finishing Bloodborne. Then re-enable it afterwards. (I think that is what I did...can't remember but I know I looked at that setting.)

I heard somewhere that that hunter is max leveled; 99 in each stat. He definitely gave me a hard time as well and I would put him up there with most of the other hard bosses in the game including the chalice dungeons....(well, maybe not the defiled ones). I'd heard of people cheesing the hunter and letting him kill himself when he transforms his katana but he didn't do it for me. He taught me how important it was to be patient. Several times I'd get him down to a sliver of health and thought I'd try one or two more attacks to finish him off.....that's when he'd two shot me. I took that to heart and made sure I exercised patience when I was going through the dungeons.

Top Bottom