• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor |OT| - Judge me by my file size, do you?

Nankatsu

Gold Member

fo67hx7.jpg
KRnQixq.jpg
h1cvSjc.jpg
Lp1Qc6h.jpg

nd0ybL3.png

fhT6RtK.jpg

UFHUAQ9.png

WRW5R8n.png

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

iBc7e0U.png

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I look forward to it going on sale.

I want to play it, but at a discount. The first game was fun, and the story was decent.

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

Waiting for PS5 impressions before buying this, because im not hearing good things about the technical state of the game
I can confirm. I'm playing a review copy and performance is terrible (mid 40s most of the time). The game is awesome though. Hopefully the day one patch will iron things out for release.

The first was ok, a 7/10 kind of game, so not really excited to jump right into this one unless they fixed the shitty and pointless exploration for ponchos and skins and made the level design better. Animation wise looks pretty bad but w/e it's a star wars game, we dont get these very often at all.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I can confirm. I'm playing a review copy and performance is terrible (mid 40s most of the time). The game is awesome though. Hopefully the day one patch will iron things out for release.
What graphic modes does the game have? Just performance and fidelity?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Yes. No native support for VRR or 120hz either (40fps or 120fps).
That sounds kind of bad, specially considering they ditched last-gen to completely focus on the current one.

Here's hoping for a day-one patch, like usual.

Last edited:

Luipadre

No wonder they hiding console footage. So fucking lame, but they expect you to pay 70 for their unfinished mess again

I was thinking earlier it would be pretty cool if we get another Vader boss at the end of the game but this time around Cal manages to land a hit. To show how much he has progressed since the first game.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Loved the first.

Still kind of shocked it's like 20 quid more for Deluxe, which is just two outfits.

Vader in the first one was dope as hell. That was Rogue One level badassery.
It was as if Aragorn would have jumped into Harry Potter to fight Voldemort, so all the kids can cheer on their favorite cameo.

Vader in Fallen Order is cheeseball tactics for kids. It's Hollywood overkill.

The people who liked it are the same people who cry when they watch teaser trailers for Marvel movies.

Luipadre

Yes, there is a fidelity mode but it also has its problems. If they don't sort out the issues in the day one patch I predict Digital Foundry will be VERY harsh with it.

sigh. I dont believe in miracle day 1 patch especially not from respawn. I wanted to play this so its a bummer

oji-san

Banned
Nice OT, Thanks.
Looking forward to see how the consoles version runs. First game was awesome and i will replay it before playing Survivor.

It was as if Aragorn would have jumped into Harry Potter to fight Voldemort, so all the kids can cheer on their favorite cameo.

The people who liked it are the same people who cry when they watch teaser trailers for Marvel movies.
So hype and fun == bad???

Bragr

Banned
So hype and fun == bad???
Disney has practically ruined cameos.

While it can be used for some good surprises, Fallen Order copied Rouge One in a pretty shameless way, and Vader is turning into a shell in the way they use him in the TV shows.

It's hype in the way Fast and the Furious is hype. They are throwing it at you without any need, just to get a reaction out of you.

It's not hype and fun, it's broken watches and split liquor.

Disney has practically ruined cameos.

While it can be used for some good surprises, Fallen Order copied Rouge One in a pretty shameless way, and Vader is turning into a shell in the way they use him in the TV shows.

It's hype in the way Fast and the Furious is hype. They are throwing it at you without any need, just to get a reaction out of you.

It's not hype and fun, it's broken watches and split liquor.
And? Why does their have to be a need? It's fun.

I don't see how it's a copy of R1 either just because it shows Vader being a complete badass.

It also gives helps power scaling wise so we get a sense of how strong(or lack thereof) Cal Kestis is as a Jedi and that he still has a ways to go.

The game will turn into Temple Run as soon as he does.
It doesn't need to be another "OH SHIT FUCK RUN AWAY" section this time around. Instead Cal has leveled up to the point where he can fight actually fight Vader like a regular boss enemy and land a hit even if the fight is still very one sided in Vaders favor. Picture something like Luke's first fight with Vader in ESB. Vader was clearly the dominant combatant but Luke was at least able to hold his own.

Like I said, it would show how far he has progressed in the 5 years since FO.

Last edited:

SCB3

The first game was my GOtY in 2019 and I loved every second of it (played it on PC so missed the issues the consoles had) and almost finished a replay on my Steam Deck but going for PS5 this time around and avoided almost all the Trailers, cannot wait

I kinda wished I'd gone for the CE now, that Lightsaber Hilt looks awesome, but I'm trying to cut down on overspending on tat, I mean I just downgraded my Zelda TOTK CE as well to the normal version

LMFAO they also buy funko pops.

TexMex

I can’t say I’ve seen anything that looks like this is the lead forward I wanted it to be. Playing this exclusively because it came from Respawn, we’ll see.

Bragr

Banned
And? Why does their have to be a need? It's fun.

I don't see how it's a copy of R1 either just because it shows Vader being a complete badass.

It also gives helps power scaling wise so we get a sense of how strong(or lack thereof) Cal Kestis is as a Jedi and that he still has a ways to go.
It's more fun to have a great story without needing to rely on cameos.

Would you like Vader to pop right smack into The Matrix because it's fun? no, you want the story to make sense and involve you, engage you, not just consist of cheap thrills.

It's more fun to have a great story without needing to rely on cameos.

Would you like Vader to pop right smack into The Matrix because it's fun? no, you want the story to make sense and involve you, engage you, not just consist of cheap thrills.
The difference is the matrix and star wars are entirely different continuities.

There is nothing far fetched about a character within the same continuity which has a reason to be in the plot. Vader hunts jedis. Cal Kestis is a jedi. It only stands to reason that they would encounter each other in this game. I don't get how that makes it a "shameless cameo" or whatever. And you seem to think it's a "cheap thrill" just because it features a popular character in the star wars continuity.

Top Bottom