• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Falls In - Updated Cast/Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up in the 70s and 80s watching the old Iron Man and Thor cartoons.

I think your nostalgia is affecting your thought on general opinion. Iron Man was C tier on popularity at best when his movie came out, Thor was far worse. It's not impossible to make a movie people will go see with unknown characters, especially when it has the most popular super villlan of all time in it.

Cute.

tumblr_nl3tcoBEGm1spk3foo1_250.gif
tumblr_nl3tcoBEGm1spk3foo2_250.gif

tumblr_nl3tcoBEGm1spk3foo3_250.gif
tumblr_nl3tcoBEGm1spk3foo4_250.gif

She definitely looks older than me.

But so cute.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Leto being the Joker is going to get a shit load of people in the seats. People love that guy.

Not just him, The fact that this film

1. Is being made whilst comic book movies are still extremely popular
2. Has the Joker in it
3. Has Will Smith in it
4. Has Jared Leto in It
5. Vast Cast of characters for die hard comic book fans
6. A Seemingly large budget
7. David Ayer, who is a proven director

All together should make this a huge movie in the box office. They just need to market it.

All we can hope for is that it is actually good.

obin_gam

Not just him, The fact that this film

1. Is being made whilst comic book movies are still extremely popular
2. Has the Joker in it
3. Has Will Smith in it
4. Has Jared Leto in It
5. Vast Cast of characters for die hard comic book fans
6. A Seemingly large budget
7. David Ayer, who is a proven director

All together should make this a huge movie in the box office. They just need to market it.

All we can hope for is that it is actually good.

Those last three you can scratch. General audience dont care about that stuff.

So they go with Killer Croc, but not King Shark? BLASPHEMY!
1899039-king_shark_im_a_shark_secret_six_35.jpg

Finally a superhero movie with a main black character. Can't wait. Not a fan of Will's recent movie choices but hopefully he gets this one right.

His last good movie imo was Enemy of the state.
I hate to break it to you, but this isn't even close to a superhero movie. Will Smith is playing a very bad, bad man.
Villains are infinitely more interesting than boy scout capes. Suicide Squad should make for a cool movie. I'm optimistic.
Not always true, though I share your optimism.
Because, in my experience, a good portion of the MCU lovers are not actually comic book lovers.

The fuck does that even matter?

Senoculum

General audience don't, but a trailer that shows a nice and attractive ensemble cast, slick action and bleeding-cool special/visual effects will certainly attract butts in some seats (hence, budget and a skillful crew).

This film is going to be action packed, so it's already won the male demographic. Having 2-3 female leads, and Jared Leto bringing in his fanbase will make this opening a doozy.

I just gotta make sure I'm watching the film on Day Zero to skip the annoying casual audience.

overcast

The coolest thing about this is how Leto isn't in it. Hyped to see how he turns out.

I like the cast here, hoping the movie comes together well.

IconGrist

I did, and it still stands. Comic-book lovers or not, it doesn't make sense why someone would root for a film with in the same genre to bomb. The less success within a genre, the less we see of it. If someone enjoys a particular genre, then they should want the movie to succeed.

I'll clarify then. There's a gross problem of "one or the other" going on. Marvel or DC, Microsoft or Sony, Android or iOS, among various other examples I'm sure you're aware of. For a lot of people they can't like both because sides need to be picked.

In this case it's MCU versus DCCU versus FoxMCU and versus SonyMCU.

I had imagined Viola Davis as the perfect Amanda Waller (or even the original voice actress from JLU in CCH Pounder) Perfectly cast in my opinion. I'm now officially hyped for Suicide Squad.

Noshino

"From the creators of Training Day, End of Watch, and Fury" is likely to attract a lot of people.

I had imagined Viola Davis as the perfect Amanda Waller (or even the original voice actress from JLU in CCH Pounder) Perfectly cast in my opinion. I'm now officially hyped for Suicide Squad.

Yeah, the only one that I can see being better than Viola would be Oprah, but that was a very very long shot.

MDSLKTR

Leto being the Joker is going to get a shit load of people in the seats. People love that guy.

Internet basically stopped working the day his joker hair pics got out.
But all this concern about box office numbers and the target audience from marvel fans is cute, as someone said here already: Antman will make more than BvsS so why bother anymore ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

I know absolutely nothing about comics.

What is the tone of this movie going to be? Is Suicide Squad comedic?

It can be, but it's almost exclusively black humor.

The Suicide Squad is a government task force comprised of captured supervillains forced to go on various (as the name might imply) suicidal missions. Loyalty is ensured by means of a bomb surgically implanted in the base of the skull. So... don't go in expecting Guardians of the Galaxy.

But all this concern about box office numbers and the target audience from marvel fans is cute, as someone said here already: Antman will make more than BvsS so why bother anymore ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Wait someone said this?

Sheroking

Captain America and Iron Man are less popular than the Joker?

Particularly before those films released and helped popularize the characters? Not even a contest.

Now it's probably a bigger discussion, but I don't think Marvel has a villain that even touches Joker in terms of popularity with readers and non-readers combined. And I'm including characters the MCU can't use like Doctor Doom and Magneto.

Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, X-Men, are all pretty big. They've either had their own cartoon or live action show. During the 60's many of these characters had cartoons too.

All these characters in Suicide Squad have cartoons now. And the 2000's. And the 90's. And many of these characters are in popular live action shows RIGHT NOW.

The Avengers were pretty B-tier in the comics and that's why Marvel never had the ability to farm them out to studios like X-Men and Spider-Man.

Their current popularity is almost entirely due to the base their films have created.

Ahasverus

image.php

as a kite

strafer

Ant man making more money than BvS?

Heheheheheheeheheheeheheheheeheheheheehee

I see that movie making around 500 WW. If we're lucky.

Sheroking

Ant-Man will do fine. Ya'll shouldn't doubt something in the Marvel continuity. They could really do a Squirrel Girl movie at this point and still make bank.

The idea that BvS isn't going to break the bank is pretty hilarious though.

Maddocks

Movie is shaping up to be amazing, and if the rumors are true that it takes place between dawn of justice and man of steel then got damn, going to be even more amazing.

Red Hood

Banned
Will Smith is a great actor, but I'm not seeing him as Deadshot. Not sure why. But he's more than welcome to prove me wrong. I did really like Michael Rowe's Deadshot in Arrow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom