• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Extended Cut |OT| I'm Just a Sucker for Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibbles

Is it really that bad? Compared to BvS? Heck,even compared to Man of Steel?

Far better than both of them, my friends all agreed, one of which literally fell asleep in the theater for BvS...

far from perfect and misleading promo leading up to it but IMO it's the best DC has released thus far. Still a ways to go. The Squad was the best part, the villian was no bueno even though I liked it early on. They should've gone smaller, something like Assault on Arkham.

Suicide Squad is not only worse than Man of Steel/BvS but it's also in the running for biggest piece of shit to stem out of comic book movies in years.

Got some tough competition against thor 2 and Fant4stic but it did a good job of living up to that. Bless up to will smith though, he tried his best to make this watchable during the beginning.

Monocle

SS is a 5 out of 10.

While far better than BvS (which is a 2/10), is still a mediocre movie.
BvS is hardly a 2/10, get real. It has big problems but it's much better than Man of Steel. (And more coherent than Suicide Squad.) Affleck's Batman is solid.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Haven't seen the film yet, looking forward to it as I really enjoyed BvS.

The extended cut isn't coming to 3D Blu-ray I assume?

Man of Steel is...ok. It's not great, it's not horrible. Tolerable with a couple bright spots more or less. (dat glowing praise)

Considering some of the shit comic book movie-gaf falls over praising it gets a pretty bad rap around here tbh. Like relative to blockbusters on a whole it aint looking so hot. But within the comic book genre it's aiight.

Hagi

I watched the Ultimate Edition of of BVS during the weekend and came away a lot more positive on the film that I was before. I sincerely doubt adding 10 minutes to this shit will have the same effect unless they re-scored and re-edited it at the same time.

Burt

It isn't just bad, it's insulting.

"You like cinematic universes? You like edgy characters? You like incongruous, post-ironic music selections, you dumb piece of shit?"

*Picks up trash can, dumps contents into a dirty box of kitty litter*

"Eat it up, you fucking cattle. Eat your heart out."

That's Suicide Squad.

i know its basically two kids at fat camp running against usain bolt but i really thought suicide squad was utter, utter trash and BvS was just bad.

SJRB

Gold Member
I thought SS was pretty okay, and look forward to rewatching it via the director's cut.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-shadow-

I haven't seen the movie so maybe that's why I don't understand but why didn't she just brake and get off the bike?

This wasn't in the theatrical cut and this is absolutely ridiculous. I freakin love the sheer stupidity on display here (the clip I mean, not you)!

Kibbles

financial success does not make it a good movie.

tumblr_ognakporOZ1uwii26o4_500.gif

It had great legs. Legs that happen after people enjoy the film and spread the word.

Firemind

yeah, because we all know David Ayer is a director known for his consistently amazing filmography.

the unedited (by a trailer company lmao) version would have likely been better than what we got. but I doubt that much better.
well wb also cut bvs by half an hour to allow more screenings in theaters so

Kibbles

Ayer shouldn't have wrote this one though... I liked a lot of his other stuff and I get that he was only given 6 weeks but his weird design choices and cringey dialogue at points :S

Yes. Now I liked Man of Steel and I think BvS isn't quite as bad as people say it is. But Suicide Squad is a textbook trainwreck. It has some of the worst editing of a mainstream movie I have ever seen. The plot is extra dumb. Though most of the characters are actually pretty fun, their motivations don't make any sense. It is a terrible movie.

I am unsure how to process this exclamation, to be totally honest.
I'll do you one better!

I also have a Suicide Squad sticker on my phone case which I can't take a picture of for obvious reasons and like I mentioned, I preordered the Suicide Squad Amazon bundle with this Harley Quinn figure bundled:
I ALSO plan on getting a Suicide Squad tattoo, buying the soundtrack on vinyl, the Harley Quinn jacket from Hot Topic, and any and all posters and figures I can get my hands on.

I kind of love this movie so much. I've only seen it twice and once I get it on blu ray I will see it SO many times more ^^

Glass Rebel

I'm curious to see how much this will improve the movie, if at all. I've said it before but the BvS Ultimate Cut was better and while I don't expect the improvement here to be quite as significant, I'm still willing to give it a chance.

Suicide Squad is not only worse than Man of Steel/BvS but it's also in the running for biggest piece of shit to stem out of comic book movies in years.

Got some tough competition against thor 2 and Fant4stic but it did a good job of living up to that. Bless up to will smith though, he tried his best to make this watchable during the beginning.

I don't think Suicide Squad or Thor 2 come even close to the terribleness of Fant4stic but maybe that's just me being more invested in those characters.

I don't think Suicide Squad or Thor 2 come even close to the terribleness of Fant4stic but maybe that's just me being more invested in those characters.

Yeah, Thor 2 is way better than both (I'd put it down as mediocre). I have a hard time picking a loser between the other two though. I'd probably say Fant4stic is worse since at least SS is entertaining at times. Fant4stic is a more cohesive movie (sort of), and it's first 30 or so minutes aren't bad, but it's just so boring and ends so terribly.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'll do you one better!

I also have a Suicide Squad sticker on my phone case which I can't take a picture of for obvious reasons and like I mentioned, I preordered the Suicide Squad Amazon bundle with this Harley Quinn figure bundled:

I ALSO plan on getting a Suicide Squad tattoo, buying the soundtrack on vinyl, the Harley Quinn jacket from Hot Topic, and any and all posters and figures I can get my hands on.

I kind of love this movie so much. I've only seen it twice and once I get it on blu ray I will see it SO many times more ^^

bvuuMlp.png

jett

D-Member
I'm curious to see how much this will improve the movie, if at all. I've said it before but the BvS Ultimate Cut was better and while I don't expect the improvement here to be quite as significant, I'm still willing to give it a chance.

Well Fantfourstic is almost literally an unfinished movie slapped together for release so it's like on a different level compared to the rest.

dan2026

I love how people are arguing over which of MoS, BvS and Suicide Squid is the worst.

Its heartening that everyone mostly agrees they are turds. But which is the smelliest?

yuraya

Man of Steel is 10 out of 10

BvS is 8 out of 10

SS is 7 out of 10

I don't really think the extra 12min in SS can help it get better like the 20+ min did in BvS. BvS was really butchered without those additional scenes.

I'll do you one better!
giphy.gif

Well... I'm happy for ya.

Boem

I'll do you one better!

Hey, we all like what we like.

I'm not going to make fun of this because I haven't even seen the movie (and even if I did, why would I?), but can you talk a bit about what makes this movie work so well for you? I've heard all of the bad stuff but I'd love to hear a positive perspective. I might give the extended cut a chance at some point.

Burt

I'll do you one better!

635739722929348256329587656_86d4980acf1b1c3f7aef9f3c1024508d.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'll do you one better!

What's your opinion on Eminem and ICP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom