• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vox Review: Netflix & Marvel’s Iron Fist is an ill-conceived, poorly written disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
WqEo4M2.gif

Iron Fist wouldn't know what to do.

Love how Thea, the victim of this incident he intervenes in to help btw, is just chilling with her hands in her pocket here. haha

FiggyCal

Banned
Also Danny is legit the dumbest superhero protagonist I've seen in awhile outside of Barry. There's so many examples, but regarding Ep. 13 spoilers
Why did it take the entire show for him to realize that Harold was a bad guy?

I think it makes sense considering their relationship. And it's not like Harold explicitly lied to the guy... He only told half-truths for the most part and did it in a way where he seemed like a clear victim being taken advantage of by the Hand.

More people need to see this. ROFL

....why is he stepping out onto the street?

forreal. the way that goofy flip looks is bad enough but it looks like he deliberately steps out onto the street (after he sees the incoming cab btw) to show off a cool trick?

Arrow Season 1 was a special kind of garbage until like...episode 15 then it got goooood, and then feel to shit again in Season 3.

What? Aside from the Roy stuff arrow S1 was straight gold. Oliver was ruthless in those first eps. Setting traps, taking people out without hesitation, it was amazing

Hey guess what
guess who's running Inhumans

Bro, Inhumans is in the trash pile for me now. I've was skeptical about Iron fist and it hurts that I was right to be worried.

What did they do with their budget? It like they just embezzeled it and made a cheap ass show. I rather watch any 80s marvel television program then watch it on fist again.

Not

Banned
Sound like it'd be fun to watch drunk. Anyone with me? Buck's last few Dexter episodes were AMAZING for this

LionPride

Banned
L I G H T N I N G
B O L T
A C T I ON

I wish we could just forget that all of S3 and S4 happened

She knows she's safe, there's nothing to fear!

Bruh Season 4 is just Season 2 w/o Slade, same story beats and everything. Imma keep pushing this until people see the damn light

Also Scott Buck is the Showrunner for Inhumans

They better hope someone somehow made Frank Castle a compelling character all on his own

Clockwork

I am 11 episodes in and still don't get the hate.

Had I listened to the feedback it has received thus far I would have skipped the show entirely but after watching almost all the episodes I am pretty much just like "Huh? This isn't even bad."

That's not to say it couldn't use some work (in particular the fight choreography) but overall it could have been a lot worse (and there is a lot worse out there).

It feels like people are just riding the hate train with this one.

FiggyCal

Banned
Ooh, Iron Fist might be better than Gotham, I haven't watched it in awhile. That's something at least lol

Everything else though, nah

Hmm...

Lol I know right

No, just Iron Fist. Very much excited for Defenders, which will hopefully salvage Danny for us.

Gotham is a really fascinating show especially in this latest season. I don't know if I would call it "good", but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

LotusHD

Banned
I think it makes sense considering their relationship. And it's not like Harold explicitly lied to the guy... He only told half-truths for the most part and did it in a way where he seemed like a clear victim being taken advantage of by the Hand.

I feel like I could just barely buy it due to the fact that they didn't interact all that much. (Which makes Harold being the final villain all the more jarring) I think the last time they saw each other, Harold had murdered people in cold blood too. Sure, self-defense, but how is alarm bells not ringing lmao

Bro, Inhumans is in the trash pile for me now. I've was skeptical about Iron fist and it hurts that I was right to be worried.

What did they do with their budget? It like they just embezzeled it and made a cheap ass show. I rather watch any 80s macro television program then watch it on fist again.

To be fair, Marvel Netflix has never been very good at showing powers. The best stuff was always the Daredevil fights because of great stunt people and Elektra's actress being able to do quite a bit

Bruh Season 4 is just Season 2 w/o Slade, same story beats and everything. Imma keep pushing this until people see the damn light

Ya but Slade is the key to dat puzzle

LotusHD

Banned

Also Scott Buck is the Showrunner for Inhumans

They better hope someone somehow made Frank Castle a compelling character all on his own

Season 4? How

FiggyCal

Banned
I feel like I could just barely buy it due to the fact that they didn't interact all that much. (Which makes Harold being the final villain all the more jarring) I think the last time they saw each other, Harold had murdered people in cold blood too. Sure, self-defense, but how is alarm bells not ringing lmao

I also think Danny's kind of a dumb-dumb though. So that probably didn't help.

To be fair, Marvel Netflix has never been very good at showing powers. The best stuff was always the Daredevil fights because of great stunt people and Elektra's actress being able to do quite a bit

Ya but Slade is the key to dat puzzle

I think they did pretty well showing Luke Cage's powers, granted they were simple. But really Iron Fist needed to be more like Russo Brother's Captain America, at least in terms of strength. For someone who had trained for most of his life, he was getting his ass kicked a lot

I'm rewatching Daredevil season 1 now and it holds up pretty well so far. Feels like a breeze compared to the other stuff.
I have no idea why people watch these shitty Netflix Marvel shows. I stopped after Daredevil season 1 and Jessica Jones (uggh).
Daredevil
Season 1 said:
Tomatometer: 98%
Average Rating: 8.12/10
Critics Consensus: With tight adherence to its source material's history, high production quality, and a no-nonsense dramatic flair, Daredevil excels as an effective superhero origin story, a gritty procedural, and an exciting action adventure.
Season 2 said:
Tomatometer: 76%
Average Rating: 7.05/10
Critics Consensus: Bolstered by some impressive action, Daredevil keeps its footing in season two, even if its new adversaries can't quite fill the void left by Wilson Fisk.

Jessica Jones
Tomatometer: 93%
Average Rating: 8.37/10
Critics Consensus: Jessica Jones builds a multifaceted drama around its engaging antihero, delivering what might be Marvel's strongest TV franchise to date.

Luke Cage
Tomatometer: 96%
Average Rating: 8.2/10
Critics Consensus: An immersive, socially conscious narrative and a confident, charismatic lead performance make Marvel's Luke Cage a stellar sampling of the new Marvel/Netflix universe.

Does that give you a hint why?
What the fuck. It's unintelligible.

LionPride

Banned
Season 4? How

Oliver leaves the Hood behind because reasons

Has to come back because reasons

Political business

Swag ass villain who gives no fucks

Team ends up fractured

Someone close to Oliver dies

Introduction to another techy guy

I'm rewatching Daredevil season 1 now and it holds up pretty well so far. Feels like a breeze compared to the other stuff.

Daredevil

Jessica Jones

Luke Cage

Does that give you a hint why?

What the fuck. It's unintelligible.

But they're shitty! NeoGAF said so!

I dont dislike it so far but at episode 9 i can definitely feel it dragging alot. Seems to be the marvel netlfix curse, make these shits ten episodes max! I dont particularly care about the less interesting side characters subplots

Infinite

Jessica Jones was a pretty good show and I don't really understand the dislike for it. Could it have been shorter? Yes, definitely. But overall I came away really liking it.

LotusHD

Banned
Oliver leaves the Hood behind because reasons

Has to come back because reasons

Political business

Swag ass villain who gives no fucks

Team ends up fractured

Someone close to Oliver dies

Introduction to another techy guy

Hmm, fair enough.

I dont dislike it so far but at episode 9 i can definitely feel it dragging alot. Seems to be the marvel netlfix curse, make these shits ten episodes max! I dont particularly care about the less interesting side characters subplots

Don't they have to be 13 episodes?

FiggyCal

Banned
Jessica Jones was a pretty good show and I don't really understand the dislike for it. Could it have been shorter? Yes, definitely. But overall I came away really liking it.

I didn't realize there was a dislike for Jessica Jones... I remember being in the thread for it when it first came out and it was generally positive reactions.

I didn't care much for Luke Cage though. I thought it was kind of corny and the social commentary was ham-fisted. I never finished it.

KarmaCow

Kilgrave got away one too many times and it was in the most hamfisted way possible. I can see it as a tipping point for people because it was really stupid.

ZeoVGM

Banned
More people need to see this. ROFL

....why is he stepping out onto the street?

So I see that instead of replying to those who are challenging you, you're now literally quoting the same post (that supports your opinion) twice on the same page. :p

Korey

The show was basically capture Kilgrave -> Kilgrave escapes x10

Also, I tallied something like 15 innocent people dying because Jessica spent the entire season refusing to kill Kilgrave since she needed him to get Hope out of jail......who fucking died anyway.

All the characters on that show were stupid as fuck and just did the opposite of whatever a normal person would do so that the show could go on for what seemed like 50 episodes.

LionPride

Banned
Hmm, fair enough.
Yeah, anytime someone says Season 4 is bad I just think to myself how it's the exact same season as Season 2 with Dahrk instead of Slade

The dislike really only comes from GAF and other vocal minorities

Infinite

I didn't realize there was a dislike for Jessica Jones... I remember being in the thread for it when it first came out and it was generally positive reactions.

I didn't care much for Luke Cage though. I thought it was kind of corny and the social commentary was ham-fisted. I never finished it.
Luke Cage was good for about 5 episodes. A major problem with that show was that the Luke Cage character was boring and Mike Colter's acting was suspect on top of that. I thought the show did an ok job with the social commentary but I will say certain things weren't very nuanced and just really corny. Also the issue of Harlem and gentrification wasn't fully explored in the narrative. A lot of people I talk to in real life really like the show tho

LionPride

Banned
The show was basically capture Kilgrave -> Kilgrave escapes x10

Also, I tallied something like 15 innocent people dying because Jessica spent the entire season refusing to kill Kilgrave since she needed him to get Hope out of jail......who fucking died anyway.

All the characters on that show were stupid as fuck and just did the opposite of whatever a normal person would do so that the show could go on for what seemed like 50 episodes.

Bruh you literally quoted other GAF threads to further your Jessica Jones sucks agenda, we get it, you dislike a show that most audiences and critics liked. Fucking hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom