• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros Firms ‘Ocean’s 8’ Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

http://deadline.com/2016/08/oceans-...helena-bonham-carter-mindy-kaling-1201801342/

Pretty damn stacked cast of ladies

Warner Bros has firmed an October start date in New York for Ocean’s Eight, the female-driven caper spinoff directed by Gary Ross, and the studio is closing with its principal cast. Aside from the previously identified Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett, deals are close with Anne Hathaway, Rihanna, Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling and Awkwafina. The latter is the hip hop moniker of Asian American rapper and actress Nora Lum, who most recently had a role in Neighbors 2.

Ahasverus

Because that worked so well for Ghostbusters. At least this one has solid talent, so stoked for this, even expecting another box office backslash.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I can't wait for the Ocean's 11 "fans" to come out of the woodwork to tell us what a travesty this is and how it will destroy the reputation of the original films and how Hollywood is out of ideas and has just change the sex of the actors, yada yada yada.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
I can't wait for the Ocean's 11 "fans" to come out of the woodwork to tell us what a travesty this is and how it will destroy the reputation of the original films and how Hollywood is out of ideas and has just change the sex of the actors, yada yada yada.

They're ruining my 20's!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
#NotMyOceans
#Fauxceans8
#BoysDoCryWhenTheyDontHaveMovieFranchisesAnymore

I'll probably end up seeing this for Bullock, Blanchett, and Rihanna. Actually all of them. I like that entire cast now that I think about it.

The Oceans fan base (if one even exists) isn't filled with nerds who have an allergy towards women not covered in make-up and wearing booty shorts. No one will complain.

It's got more potential to deliver than ghostbusters did but I hope they try to actually make a movie with a script then pander to feminist and just take jabs at men. Good luck to them and hope they pull it off.

Gorillaz

very surprised if Julia Roberts and catherine zeta jones aren't in this

am expecting the big 4 tho to cameo in it (Damon, Cheade, Pitt, CLooney) at some point if this turns into a trilogy

I loved the Remake trilogy, there was a lot of eye candy and fun shots in those 3 movies so big shoes for this one. That's the biggest worry here not an all female cast but an actually good heist film.

georly

Seriously. How could they not have the main character in this?

Is it set in the same movie universe or is it entirely new? If it's new no need to have her.

Hope it's good. I enjoyed the clooney ocean movies, even though they got progressively worse. They were still fun.

Hope it's just a light-hearted caper/heist movie and that they don't try to turn it into a straight up comedy or something.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Only eight?

Maybe to give this film an identity of its own while also attaching it to a known franchise? Cause if you call it Ocean's 11 again, it'll sound like a complete retread. Plus 8 big players is cheaper. If it does well, they'll make their way to 11.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Open thread to read about movie. Don't know who Awkwafina is so Google Awkwafina. Recommended "Awkwafina my vag". Leave slighlt confused but fully satisfied.

Sad about no Julia.

MontyMarx

Neo Member
As long as Matt Damon, George Clooney, and Brad Pitt have cameos in the film as totally different characters, everyone will be fine with it.

I'm looking forward to it.

Protome

Rihanna? Hopefully she at least doesn't have many lines.

Pretty great cast aside from that though if they get them all.

AxelFoley

I guess Hollywood is gonna remake more past movies and gender swap them instead of at least trying to come up with some original shit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Needs more Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig.

I think a lot of people would argue movies in general need less.

Personally I feel like Anna Kendrick would be a pretty good fit for this type of movie.

ryseing

For a series known for huge stars, this is a massive downgrade.

Bullock's probably the most bankable woman in Hollywood. Anne Hathaway and Rihanna are also A+ list (in fame). It's no Damon/Clooney/Pitt combo but I don't think there is any combination of women that would be unless you somehow got JLaw involved.

The Oceans fan base (if one even exists) isn't filled with nerds who have an allergy towards women not covered in make-up and wearing booty shorts. No one will complain.

vICEetl.gif

Pachimari

They should have brought back Julia Roberts as the leader of the team.

I would have loved Jenifer Lawrence in this one. And wouldn't have mind Anna Kendrick either. Or even Natalie Portman. Just give me those big names for these movies.

I don't know half of that cast they have announced.

They got the whole trilogy planned.

There's a good Star Wars joke to be made here somewhere.

Mindy Kaling makes me a little worried they're gonna miss the low-key comedic brilliance of the originals in favor of off the wall crazy, but maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom