• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mindy Kaling & Helena Bonham Carter Join Ocean’s 11 Sequel/Spin-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/693843-mindy-kaling-helena-bonham-carter-join-oceans-11-reboot

Not only has Showbiz 411 confirmed last week’s news that Cate Blanchett (Cinderella, Blue Jasmine, Carol) will join fellow Oscar winner Sandra Bullock (Gravity, The Blind Side) in Warner Bros.‘ all-new, all-female Ocean’s Eleven reboot, they have also added two new names to the roster as Mindy Kaling (“The Mindy Project,” “The Office”) and Helena Bonham Carter (Fight Club, Alice Through the Looking Glass) join the heist film. Gary Ross (The Hunger Games, Pleasantville) will direct and produce.

This new film will be a continuation of the George Clooney-led films, with Bullock playing Danny Ocean’s ex-con sister. With help from her right-hand woman (Blanchett, playing the equivalent of Brad Pitt’s Rusty), she’ll form a team of thieves to steal a necklace from the Met Ball in order to frame a villainous gallery owner. Shooting is expected to begin this fall.

I am down for this cast. Plus no Melssa McCarthy.

Tagyhag

I didn't know they were making this!

Reboot of a reboot sounds weird but the cast sounds awesome, can't wait to see a trailer.

I thought it was a reboot. Now it's a sequel? Sure, why not? Doesn't bother me either way. Carter is a weird choice for me, but okay.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I didn't know they were making this!

Reboot of a reboot sounds weird but the cast sounds awesome, can't wait to see a trailer.

I'd say it's more of a spin-off since Bullock's character is related to Danny Ocean from the other movies.

RS4-

Interested to see how this turns out. The Clooney ones were fun to watch. Haven't seen them in quite some time.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Mindy and Cate are big selling points for me. Please, please let this be normal Helena instead of her insufferable kooky, quirky female Depp/Burton hybrid persona.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This new film will be a continuation of the George Clooney-led films, with Bullock playing Danny Ocean’s ex-con sister.
Why. Why do you need to do that? That's just a giant distraction.

I mean this could be interesting, but did they ever mention him having a sister in any of the other Ocean films? If she has a similar skill set I hope they explain why he didn't ask her to help out with any of their heists.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I mean this could be interesting, but did they ever mention him having a sister in any of the other Ocean films? If she has a similar skill set I hope they explain why he didn't ask her to help out with any of their heists.

They'll probably say she was in jail.

Why. Why do you need to do that? That's just a giant distraction.

I dunno. It would be cool to have a cameo from him and Pitt in one of these.

Missed opportunity on not getting Jolie in here but still this is great so far. Especially bullock and blanchett

Who is the young Matt Damon role gonna be? I feel like Jennifer Lawrence is a given for this one.

Joni

That is a weird group, but the same can be said about the Clooney ones. Hope we get a small Clooney cameo.

Get the broad city girls to play the casey affleck and Scott Caan brothers who always fight with each other. They must.

And dee should be in here too.

Akahige

Huh, going the sequel route. I mean why not but at the same time why?

This could be a lot of fun like the other films so I'd watch it anyways.

So if Bullock is Clooney's ex-con sister does this mean this movie and the Oceans 11 universe are actually prequels to Gravity in which Danny Ocean and his sister plan the ultimate con to mask themselves as astronauts for one last heist on the International Space Station, but then everything goes wrong and they have to put their fake astronaut skills to the test?

Kinyou

Somehow I can't really imagine Sandra Bullock coming off as charming as Clooney. But maybe they'll also take the character into a different direction.

Somehow I can't really imagine Sandra Bullock coming off as charming as Clooney. But maybe they'll also take the character into a different direction.

Nah, her career is littered with fairly bad movies that succeeded entirely on Sandra Bullock's charisma.

sohois

Difficult to think of any leading actresses that can pull off Clooney's brand of suave. Maybe Gillian Anderson, at least based off her Hannibal role.

18-Volt

This movie needs Melissa McCarthy. After seeing in her Heat and Spy, I'm convinced she can add humor to an action packed without messing the movie's pace. This is perfect for her, plus I want to see her and Cate's chemistry together.

So if Bullock is Clooney's ex-con sister does this mean this movie and the Oceans 11 universe are actually prequels to Gravity in which Danny Ocean and his sister plan the ultimate con to mask themselves as astronauts for one last heist on the International Space Station, but then everything goes wrong and they have to put their fake astronaut skills to the test?

...oh shit

mreddie

RUINING MY TEENHOOD!

Just kidding, I'm game, Sandra is great lead and Kaling seems cool, Carter is a wild card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom