• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mindy Kaling & Helena Bonham Carter Join Ocean’s 11 Sequel/Spin-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

Can't wait until Hollwood gets this "genderswapping is an original idea, right?" phase out of its system. In the meantime, I assume this film will be light dumb fun like the Soderbergh films.

How long until we get an Efron/Franco/Rogen collaboration for Charlene's Angelos?

Shhh, they'll hear you!

Can't wait until Hollwood gets this "genderswapping is an original idea, right?" phase out of its system. In the meantime, I assume this film will be light dumb fun like the Soderbergh films.

Shhh, they'll hear you!

I wish that they would try gender switching directors once in a while.

TheFuzz

what, you don't want this?

I kinda don't. Remaking an existing movie with the cloud of "SEE HOW ORIGINAL AND DIFFERENT IT IS WITH DIFFERENT GENDERS?" Will get old really quick.

Now, if they're telling a different story, then fine. As shitty as the Ghostbusters remake looks to me, at least it's a different type of movie.

kris.

Banned
I kinda don't. Remaking an existing movie with the cloud of "SEE HOW ORIGINAL AND DIFFERENT IT IS WITH DIFFERENT GENDERS?" Will get old really quick.

tbh i'm kinda intrigued by the idea of a bumbling spy trio movie with efron/franco/rogen but i guess we kinda got that with the interview (which i still loved).

TheFuzz

tbh i'm kinda intrigued by the idea of a bumbling spy trio movie with efron/franco/rogen but i guess we kinda got that with the interview (which i still loved).

Oh sure, just don't tie it to an existing IP to make a buck.

That's my issue with the gender-swapping craze: it's not doing anything good. Saying "a bunch of men made this film; watch, we can do it too!" Isn't the message that needs to be sent.

They need to focus on original movies with female leads. Disney is already making headway with Star Wars and Captain Marvel, so that's a plus. We don't need a female Indiana Jones or any other "SEE!! It's a woman now!!" Material like some of this comes can come off as.

_woLf

I am interested in this movie!

This movie needs Melissa McCarthy. After seeing in her Heat and Spy, I'm convinced she can add humor to an action packed without messing the movie's pace. This is perfect for her, plus I want to see her and Cate's chemistry together.

This would completely destroy all interest I have in this movie!

Chumpion

This might be the big one. I think Bullock is on the verge of delivering the crappiest acting job in modern cinema.

Joni

It can work here. Ocean's Eleven was Rat Pack: The Movie. The Clooney trilogy felt like the same idea. They just need that same charisma in there for this one.

Strax

Funny that nobody seems to care about a all female O11 but they care about a Ghostbusters all female cast, its almost like people care more about the film thats being made rather then the gender of the people.

Monocle

Funny that nobody seems to care about a all female O11 but they care about a Ghostbusters all female cast, its almost like people care more about the film thats being made rather then the gender of the people.
I don't think you have much of a point here. Ghostbusters is a much higher profile movie, since it's part of a classic franchise. Misogyny or no, it was bound to attract more attention.

However, the extreme vitriol it's received isn't really proportional to the quality of the trailer, and commenters sure aren't shy about attacking the all-female cast, so...

Where is Rashida Jones?!

angie-tribeca-mirror.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom