• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What platform are you getting Elden Ring for:

What platform are you going to buy Elden Ring for:

• Total voters

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am having a tough time deciding myself... I have 3080pc and the game will 100% run 4k60fps on it.
But recently I've been having a good run with ps5 and there will probably be some 3d audio, faster loading and Dualsense usage + no rce exploit on consoles (pc servers still dead?)
And I like getting physical games whenever I can. So ps5 Elden Ring sounds good to me probably.

What is your choice?
Select a platform and version digital vs physical purchase.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'll be playing it on my personal computer. Not worried about the exploit since I already wanted to do my first playthrough offline.

I have a 3070 and kinda hope to be able to run it at 4k/60fps. Any word on DLSS support? That would be nice.

Btw rofif rofif , I've never been too much into audio, but you seem to know your stuff. Isn't 3D audio also available on PC? Or is it just that you prefer the PS5's implementation?

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Having a hard time with this, wonder if my 2080s would be better than my PS5 at 4k... decisions decisions.

Yes, yes without a doubt. Consoles keep being shown time and time again that they are in 2060 super range most of the time.

They’ll patch in ray tracing too, you know how consoles handles those.

Not sure, my Steam Deck isn't coming until "after Q2 2022" and that's where I wanted to play it. Will probably just get the XSX version for now.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I'm going ps5 as I prefer the controller for souls type games.
Lol I recently got xbox series 20th anniv controller for pc to replace my aging xbox one controller.
Have not played a single game with it yet :p
Dualsense is better but is it "sell me on the game" better?... Yes depending on the game

Dont know.

Probably won't get it a launch.

Might just wait until it comes to gamepass/gwg/ps+
giphy.gif

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Is there word on if PS5 is 4k/60fps? I have a 3080 PC, but would prefer to play on PS5 so I don't have to lug my PC downstairs to hook up to the big screen
Seems that there is fps and res mode on ps5 and fps mode is dynamic 4k and close to 60 most of time

GymWolf

Pc of course, good luck on finding the game for 35 euros at day one on console, digital or not.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Is there word on if PS5 is 4k/60fps? I have a 3080 PC, but would prefer to play on PS5 so I don't have to lug my PC downstairs to hook up to the big screen

As of the beta, it was variable resolution for 60 fps mode, between 1512p and max 1800p, at the starting area..

Dude I would not even bat an eye and choose the 3080. Ray tracing is coming eventually.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
lol, no chance of 4K/60fps. Probably 1080p/60 in performance mode, same with XSX. Maybe dynamic resolution.
it's about 1500-1800p for 60fps framerate mode in beta few months ago
Full on native 4k mode seems to be unlocked about 40-45 fps...

Last edited:

MacReady13

I had to choose PlayStation 5 as there was no chance I’d get it on Xbox cause they wouldn’t give it to me for free on gamepass bro. So now I have to give money straight to the developer to play their fucking game. The gall of these pricks. Phil, my brother, you couldn’t sum up the money for this to be on gamepass for release so I could play it for free? Tight ass.

Top Bottom