• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What platform are you getting Elden Ring for:

What platform are you going to buy Elden Ring for:

• Total voters

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
PS5 physical copy......that reminds me, is it Feb 25 yet?
giphy.gif

How’s your Dark soul 3 run going btw?
I'm getting my ass kicked but it's a nice break away from the other games that I'm playing. Haven't played all that much the past 2 weeks since I've been on holiday away with my partner but going to continue my playthrough.
Its a whole different experience to other games.
Thinking of starting a new playthrough with the Warrior class for the boosted war cry attack. I just chose the Knight as it had a good balance of stats.

skit_data

PS5, Digital. I wonder if the PS4 version is included?
Might be nice to run the PS4 version via BC to get that rock solid 60fps unless they fixed it since the network test. But then I’ll have longer load times and slightly worse graphics.

Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

It's a good game that I can't stomach, same with all souls games. But envy those enjoying it.

Because of difficulty?

This will be the Soul game that has the most QOL changes so far, with checkpoints near boss fights, and there’s so much optional content that if you do the side quests or explore a lot, I’m pretty sure you can destroy the bosses. There will be challenges of course for the veterans, but most likely optional.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
All From Soft games are PC for me if it’s available. I need that locked 60fps.

I hope they get the console versions to a locked 60 and I may double dip. They need to work on the series version from the looks of the beta test.

ClosBSAS

nothing like playing souls games on my 165hz 2k 3080ti pc....on an xbox series x joystick...which is so much better than any othe rjoystick out there

Buggy Loop

PS5 physical copy......that reminds me, is it Feb 25 yet?
giphy.gif

Shortest fucking month of the year seems to take forever

Office Sloth GIF by Disney Zootopia

Already bought it for PC on CD Keys.
30 bucks and chance for the best version.

Good luck. I’ve had so many day 1 big hype games where keys were delayed by cdkeys that I kind of gave up on them for preorders. They sell more keys than they have, for sure.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I cashed in some of my Microsoft points for a $50 gift card and put it towards the Series X digital version of this game.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: Isa

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Probably PC.

Unless for whatever reason I get a PS5(which I'm not planning to do), then I'll get it for PS5. But most likely PC.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Shortest fucking month of the year seems to take forever

Office Sloth GIF by Disney Zootopia

Good luck. I’ve had so many day 1 big hype games where keys were delayed by cdkeys that I kind of gave up on them for preorders. They sell more keys than they have, for sure.
I personally never had problem with cdkeys but I prefer to stick to gmg for steam preorders.

Isa

Preordered the Series X digital version. Down the line I may snag it for my PS5 if I feel so inclined. I've actually been planning on doing a Souls series run on Xbox to catch some friends up on the franchise. But I've been saving myself lately for Elden Ring, its so close and one of the few titles in a very long time that I've been going near full blackout on. I've been intrigued by some members here referring it to DS2, my personal favorite of the franchise. If I can get that variety of magic and hidden stuff I'll be in heaven.

Banned
the beta ran like shit on console so definitely PC. they want to release a raytracing mode after launch and I really don't want to even think about how awful that will run on console lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Xbox Series X digital already preordered. Can't wait.

spons

Xbox Series S. Going to be a last minute buy though, no idea if I want to go through with this.

Is there a 6000 point reward on Xbox?
Edit: not yet, maybe never.

Last edited:

Metnut

Going with PS5. Game like this needs to be played on 85inch tv with full room surround sound and sitting on comfortable recliner.

Still can’t decide whether to play this or Horizon first. Have changed my mind at least 3 times the last week.

Last edited:

Banned
Is it not 60 fps on console in performance mode?

it was very unstable. it ran a bit better on PS5 but looked worse to me due to no VRR support, and on Xbox it ran worse but looked a bit better due to vrr...
both were not good enough for my tastes, but I know their engine runs really well on PC and my new PC should easily be able to run this at a locked 60 and at higher settings as well

koloss85

Neo Member
Series x for me. Just finished ds 1-3 and sekiro and can't wait to start up elden ring.ive fallen in love with these games and the formula. Only wish I could also play the demons souls remake and Bloodborne.

Haggard

Banned
Judging from the network test there is only one way this game should be enjoyed... On pc, where you can bruteforce the stable frame rates and framepacing From once again doesn't seem to be able to deliver on console.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Got an Xbox gift card for Christmas so that will be a no brainer use for this for my Series S and X

Last edited:

Ladioss

PS4.

One of the reason I applied for the demo was to check on the PS4 version of the game. Looked good enough for me.

Jennings

I can't believe I'm still the only person that voted for Xbox One X. How am I the last person to find an Xbox Series X?

Top Bottom