• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What platform are you getting Elden Ring for:

What platform are you going to buy Elden Ring for:

• Total voters

Ezquimacore

Banned
Ps5, it's entirely about the controller, and it's a no brainer...

... And as i type this i realise this thread has been made before
Sounds like a PC, where you can even play with any controller, even the ps5 and even the N64 controller if you're brave enough

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m getting two copies. Bought the digital deluxe edition on PS5 and I’m getting a copy with the collector’s edition for PS5. I tried getting the premium edition. I even signed up for the “waiting list” on Bandai Namco’s website and nothing came of it. That means I’ll have two PS5 copies (physical and digital) and 1 digital PS4 copy. The PS4 version comes with the deluxe edition. I’m satisfied with my choices.

Hestar69

More than likely on my series S. I did upgrade my pc to an i9 but I still have a 1080 wonder how it would run on it. If it runs at a smooth 60fps 1080 on xbox series S i'll get it on that.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
PC absolutely. Mostly for mod support, that easily multiplies how many hours you can easily put into these games. Hopefully it won't take nearly as long for ER to get decent modding tools. And I'm still running an rx 570 8gb, since video cards are waay too expensive for what you get. :p

Boneless

q2ayhohhha641.jpg

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If Ray tracing is coming later, I can just get it on release on ps5 to avoid pc issues and then get it on pc when rt comes out.

By the way - Any idea abiyt launch disc edition vs regular differences? Are both in normal blue game box? One just have the cloth patches and crap ?

Riky

$MSFT
Digital version for Xbox, means I will get access to all four Xbox versions. Don't really trust From to get a locked framerate so have to go with the VRR option.

PS5, PS4 Standard edition
Xbox Collectors edition
Big Action RPG & Horror Guy here ; so I always buy these types of games on all console platforms they release & sometimes PC.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
qal9ryhhlzg81.png

Fucking hell, no ultrawide.

What
Is
Up
With
Japanese
Developers
And
PC
It's like some kind of eternal curse, yeah.

At least it's not the Dark Souls PC port. That was like the worst I've seen.

GametimeUK

I'm going to have to wait and see because the performance will be the deciding factor. So far from what we've seen I'm a bit torn.

I have a 2080, but obviously I'm concerned about exploits. Soulslike games for me are to be played with the full feature set activated. Online play enabled. I also don't know how performance will be on this card yet, but because of the recent exploits on Souls games this is looking like a pass from me.

On PS5 it seems performance is better than on Series X (unless this changes before launch) so it is probable I'll buy for this system. My issue is no VRR on this version and some framedrops seem heavy.

Series X the framerate isn't as good so far on PS5, but it has VRR. If performance can be bumped up to the point VRR masks the drops completely then I'll get this version.

Here is the wildcard. The PS4 version is almost locked to 60fps in backwards compatibility mode on PS5. I would hate the visual sacrifices to hit this performance level, but if I have to do it I will.

I am going to have to wait til the face off to buy this game.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm going to have to wait and see because the performance will be the deciding factor. So far from what we've seen I'm a bit torn.

I have a 2080, but obviously I'm concerned about exploits. Soulslike games for me are to be played with the full feature set activated. Online play enabled. I also don't know how performance will be on this card yet, but because of the recent exploits on Souls games this is looking like a pass from me.

On PS5 it seems performance is better than on Series X (unless this changes before launch) so it is probable I'll buy for this system. My issue is no VRR on this version and some framedrops seem heavy.

Series X the framerate isn't as good so far on PS5, but it has VRR. If performance can be bumped up to the point VRR masks the drops completely then I'll get this version.

Here is the wildcard. The PS4 version is almost locked to 60fps in backwards compatibility mode. I would hate the visual sacrifices to hit this performance level, but if I have to do it I will.

I am going to have to wait til the face off to buy this game.
From put a tweet a few days ago, saying they've found the root of the online issue, and that they are planning to enable multiplayer again for Dark Souls games after Elden Rings launch.

My guess is that they've prioritized fixing that for ER and that it'll have online at launch. But yeah, if you have other options, it's better to wait.

Previews are dropping today so maybe they say something about console performance compared to the NT.

Lone Wolf

I don’t know if this is really my type of game, but if I do eventually get it, it will probably be for PS5 because I doubt From will make the Xbox version equal to it.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Series X, one of the few games I actually pre-ordered after initial previews. Anyone knows if the MP is done in a same way as before or if it has co-op, I recon someone were saying that... would be cool.

Have the PS4 Collector's edition pre-ordered for my PS5, free upgrade anyway and the PS5 version was sold out. Only difference will be the box art.

I'm undecided. I know it won't be PC because my system is way overdue for a complete upgrade. I'm leaning PS5, but if I go Xbox I could play on my main TV on my Series X or in my office on my Series S when the wife controls the TV.
I just prefer the playstation pad for Souls games.

Top Bottom