• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What platform are you getting Elden Ring for:

What platform are you going to buy Elden Ring for:

• Total voters

Flutta

Banned
Damn, PS and Souls games go hand in hand ha? Interesting. I thought for sure PC would be winning.

I think i will play it first on PC then maybe PS5.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Do we know if Elden ring PC will be stained by the stinky Denuvo pinky ?
No souls game has ever had Denuvo, and Bandai Namco stopped using it years ago, so my guess is a no, it won't.

DZ_b_EZ

I preordered the collector's edition for PS5 months ago. I got to have a physical copy, even though I know my 2080ti would handle this game with ease, but screw it. I don't know why I subject myself to these games, I never get past the beginning.

We just gotta' duck and roll, baby!

black and white laughing GIF

Aion002

Ps4 to play with friends and eventually play on the ps5.

I will also get it for the Series S and PC during sales...

All digital.

Fast And Furious Dom GIF by The Fast Saga

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

no
body
cares
about
your
dumb
ultra
wide
monitor

Seriously though. No reason they shouldn't have an option for it. But that's one of the reasons I avoid UW

Support is relatively amazing, except for 2D pixel indie games and stubborn Japanese devs. At least capcom is delivering on that front.

I mean, I’m not worried, for sure there will be a fan patch or Hex edit like all souls games on PC. But that is what is frustrating, for devs this should be easy, if a fan can patch it in a day, it shouldn’t be a big deal for devs to implement it, no matter how niche the technology is. That’s the point of PC, support for all kinds of hardware possibilities.

From Steam hardware survey, 1080p ultrawide and 1440p ultrawide users (2.19%) count for nearly the same userbase as 4K (2.37%) Would gamers be ok with no 4K support? After all, nobody cares about 4K on PC it seems right? No other resolution matter than 1080p with a crushing ~67% userbase. Why even bother putting 4K textures or ultra high settings then if the majority don’t even benefit from it, just cull back all settings.

Last edited:

A2una1

PC. From what I've seen it runs like ass on consoles.

Also the eventual mods will be spectacular like they always are for souls games.

GIF by FOX International Channels
Well as an ultrawide owner I learnt to totally despise From Software Games on PC. I recently wanted to replay Sekiro on PC and I had to fiddle around with hex editors and mod's seemed to not work with the newest patch version, also the documentation for patching what Version with what get's a little bit confusing when the games get older...so I got fed up with it and will buy the PS5 Version

I cant believe Im even considering getting it.
But I am getting Elden Ring on the Series X, after I finish the new Aloy game On PS5.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

I cant imagine a greater experience to make my 3090 sweat on 😁
I’m praying my 2080ti can do 4K/60. Built my rig 2 years ago went all in, I haven’t been impressed with it at all. Game like HLo Infinite which runs on an OG Xbox one, the Nvidia app recommends “low” settings. Of course I do t listen to that but if I go higher than medium there are some issues. The game looks as good if not better on my SX, I’m hoping I’m not regretting getting Elden Ring for PC.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
I’m praying my 2080ti can do 4K/60. Built my rig 2 years ago went all in, I haven’t been impressed with it at all. Game like HLo Infinite which runs on an OG Xbox one, the Nvidia app recommends “low” settings. Of course I do t listen to that but if I go higher than medium there are some issues. The game looks as good if not better on my SX, I’m hoping I’m not regretting getting Elden Ring for PC.
Oh man, I see no reason why a 2080ti wouldn't have more power than what is on most current consoles. That should still be a really strong card. I would definitely play around with graphical tuning by turning off things that aren't necessary to you (ie - I kill things like reflections, motion blurrrrr, or distant shadow LOD, shader type). Also I wonder if you have another bottleneck somewhere. What is your power supply, ram, and cpu?

You may hate me for saying this too, but I would urge you to try 1440p ultrawide screen with high hz, say 120-144. 4k can grind even the best computers to a halt with how poorly optimized it is. I switched and I regret nothing, haha.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yeah think I am getting ps5 launch edition (hope it comes in standard blue case).
I played some on pc this weekend and recently got the 20th anniv xbox series controller. While I always loved xbox controllers, I really dislike the clicky microswitch buttons. The LB/RB and dpad are so loud. Comfort is on par with Dualsense. Quality too. Really good.

WIth Dualsense, the haptics are amazing and a game changer in some titles like Returnal. The ergonomics are great and I prefer teh analog sticks shape and soft, non clicky buttons. Only the battery sucks ass

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I will be picking it up on PS5 initially for the trophy support. I Love going for platinums and I heavily associate Souls games with Playstation since Demons Souls.

I *do* plan on buying the game on PC later on once it goes on sale to 20 USD for mods. Hyped for that, plus I can enjoy all the best mods by that point in time.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
I have a series X and a PS5 and I'm buying it for PS5, simply because I have owned and played all predecessors in PlayStation platforms as well. I also heard that the network test ran better in ps5 anyway.

Digital, because this generation I'm going all digital.

in reality there will be more players on PS4. GAF is not representative of the current Souls base. Majority PS4 players haven't upgraded to PS5 yet

I think it's great everyone gets the play this :messenger_fistbump:

On a side note, if Sony was to buy something and make it exclusive From games was it.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
None. I know im not completing Elden Ring (or any souls game for that matter) so it's a skip for me. I hope those who do buy and play it enjoy it though!!

Top Bottom