• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where and how do you plan to play Starfield?

Where and how do you plan to play Starfield?

• Xbox Series S

• Xbox Series X

• Game Pass on Xbox Series S | X

• Game Pass on PC

• Microsoft Store

• Steam

Results are only viewable after voting.

cireza

I will try the game on Game Pass on Series X, and will buy a copy when they get the 60fps patch out.

reinking

Gold Member
Because I have been bad about buying games and not playing them recently, I am going to start with Game Pass. If I am going to actually play the game (instead of dick around) I plan to buy it on Steam.

cireza

Haha not gonna happen
Do you have a crystal ball or something ?

If it doesn't happen then I will play this game on next-gen, not an issue. There is no rush. But I am expecting a 60fps update next year anyway.

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
On my lazy chair, Day 1 on Xbox Series X, I will take two days off work for it and just soak it in like I did skyrim

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Going to play the Steam version on PC. Hopefully it runs well enough on Steam Deck. My son is play the standard GP version on PC and he'll probably use xCloud for playing on Deck.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
PC Game Pass primary, probably doing some remote play on Game Pass Mobile and some Xbox Series S when I am not at the PC.

Series X. I'll play it on GP but that runs out in late October, at which time I'll likely just buy the game so I don't have to stay subbed. I've been letting these subscription services run out, and not renewing them when they do.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
PC but unfortunately the Microsoft Store because I used GameStop Pro Rewards on Xbox cards. On the flip side it will be only $25 out of pocket.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Probably Steam, in the future. I have other games in my line up right now.

Lokaum D+

Yeah man...I am ready

4jh778i.jpg
wnfdqRa.jpg

Jk

Last edited:

legacy24

Is dualsense plug and play on PC? If not, what software are you using to map?
look up DualSenseX (free version), I use it for all PC gamepass games. it lets you use the adaptive triggers with a load of customizable trigger profiles.

MarkMe2525

I have had some great experiences playing Starfield on xcloud recently. I have an hour to kill 3 times a week, so I started bringing my Kishi. It feels really good, I would equate it to playing on a tv that does not have game mode turned on.

One thing I am not a fan of is the more frequent queues. It kind of kills the spontaneity of the whole deal when you have to wait 5 minutes. They should add some sort of simple game to the wait screen.

Background: 5G UW cell network on Samsung 21

yamaci17

I'm glad I chose PC
rtx 3070 / 2700x
4k dlss performance (destroys and demolishes xbox series x's 4k fsr quality by a longshot. better temporal stability, and good clarity thanks to CAS sharpening anyways lol)
36-42 FPS in atlantis/gagarin and alike (much much smoother and responsive than 30 FPS on xbox series x)
practically nearly 60 fps in planets and open areas and indoors. just preem. it just flows

the dumb bethesda devs literally stranded the game to 30 fps for the sake of game running at 30-35 fps in most likely %15-20 of the gameplay (the dumb small atlantis city that barely any combat action takes place)

it is crazy. this is why I will never go consoles. nope, nada.

the fact they relied on dumb FSR 2 instead of putting actual work to make their own decent upscaler (like imsomniac, santa monica and guerilla did) is another huge problem.

also looting with gamepad is super tiring. I enjoy the game much more with keyboard and mouse

Last edited:
Top Bottom