• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrate Pride in Overwatch 2 event, + 2 more characters are gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Suchong

7ornmls.gif

iorek21

Honest question: is the LGBT community so big that it gets that much attention from all companies + all the woke stuff on media?

From how companies act in June, it seems that LBGT is like 50% of the population.

It doesn't. It appeases the Satanic leftist cult that controls government, corporations and the media. It's easier for publicly traded companies to just get on board and avoid the persecution. Changing their logo and putting out a PR statement for the month of June is akin to the Israelites splattering lambs' blood on their doorposts during the first Passover. Homes with the lamb's blood on it were passed over by the angel of death.

Same principle here. Obama got elected twice by gay money. The gays have all the money and if you're a publicly traded company, chances are that your company is propped up by gay money. So, if you want the demon of death to pass over your company, you play along for just this one month.
This is actually Metal as fuck...

I'm back on board.

Meicyn

Gold Member
It doesn't. It appeases the Satanic leftist cult that controls government, corporations and the media. It's easier for publicly traded companies to just get on board and avoid the persecution. Changing their logo and putting out a PR statement for the month of June is akin to the Israelites splattering lambs' blood on their doorposts during the first Passover. Homes with the lamb's blood on it were passed over by the angel of death.

Same principle here. Obama got elected twice by gay money. The gays have all the money and if you're a publicly traded company, chances are that your company is propped up by gay money. So, if you want the demon of death to pass over your company, you play along for just this one month.
lmao

Meicyn

Gold Member
It's very difficult to tell anymore if posts like the one you quoted are serious or not. People on the extreme sides really need to work out their paranoia issues.
I don’t know what’s worse about pride month, the phony pandering or the cockroaches that flood out of the muck to spew their dumb takes while I’m over here basically doing this:

Obcwxw7.gif

Inclusion and celebration of the LGBTQ community isn't really the hair-on-fire thing that needs to be freaked out over. Ignore and move on.

GymWolf

I wonder how it's possible that the LGBT community don't get pissed off for being used like this.

Have they no pride?
Because it's a small part of their community that is vocal, majority of well adjusted trans or gay people gives 2 fucks about any of this.

Last edited:

nkarafo

Inclusion and celebration of the LGBTQ community isn't really the hair-on-fire thing that needs to be freaked out over. Ignore and move on.

It's a little difficult to ignore when they rub it in everyone's faces, in every game, movie, show, book, etc, every day, all year.

Luigi Mario

I really don't get it, this looks like a troll video, I'm not sure anymore, is it? But in anyway, even if it is, all the comments are pretty serious and all loving it, it's crazy, literally melted brains.
No, it’s not a troll video. Look at the Twitter profile, it’s Pharah’s voice actress celebrating that her character is coming out as lesbian over half a decade after the game first released.

I think it's more eye-rolling and boredom is the response over "hair-on-fire." It's just a tired, safe, and lazy way to "support" this community.
Which is still an overreaction to showing support to a community that's had a very long history of being shit on. That it even garners a reaction at all shows why they do it.
It's a little difficult to ignore when they rub it in everyone's faces, in every game, movie, show, book, etc, every day, all year.
No more than the sexuality of any other character in the history of gaming. No one has this reaction to a character's straight relationship, ever.

"It's ok to be gay, just don't let us know you are" is a pretty shit way of thinking.

Filben

Honest question: is the LGBT community so big that it gets that much attention from all companies + all the woke stuff on media?

From how companies act in June, it seems that LBGT is like 50% of the population.
No but you can't afford to piss off even a single one of them because of how vocal they are. Also, while in realtive numbers the community have "few" people it's in absolute numbers still a fucking LOT. As with any group, chances are high to piss them off. And not showing "flag" is quickly understand as "actively against them" by some queer folk. If you don't take a stand for them, you're hurting them. That's a very common narrative spun by a vocal minority of the minority. And most companies rather go with it. Doesn't cost you anything but five minutes but saves you a lot of potential trouble.

If they were honest about their intentions they wouldn't block that content in certain countries but would put pressure on said governments. Because a dollar less earned there is a dollar less taxes. But virtue signalling goes only so far until you lose some of your billions of dollars.

Billbofet

Which is still an overreaction to showing support to a community that's had a very long history of being shit on. That it even garners a reaction at all shows why they do it.
Agree to disagree. You mistake my "overreaction" to be against the community and not the corporation. Still think it's trite, predictable, and worthy of eye-rolling and yawns.

mcjmetroid

I'm gay and unless they're planning to do it for every single country they sell games in... Then they can fuck off.

What kind of message does this send?

"Let's celebrate LGBT people!!! ( Unless you find them offensive and if so ...sorry...forget we said anything)"

Last edited:
Agree to disagree. You mistake my "overreaction" to be against the community and not the corporation. Still think it's trite, predictable, and worthy of eye-rolling and yawns.
Fair enough on the cynicism. The easy thing would to do nothing though. Yes, they are an entity designed to make money but also one made up of people wanting to embrace others including those who work there. I'm not sure what would be something that you don't consider trite but I'd imagine even more blowback if they did.

Sometimes I get the impression that people think things have to be a zero-sum game between groups where one has to lose for the other to win, or that they are being attacked when others are celebrated. Not that this is relation to what you said, just an overall vibe from others. Seems hard to have a neutral "not my thing but good for them" attitude anymore. At least imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom