• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion (PS5, XSX, PC) & Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Announced(PS5)

VDrQm9t.png

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Because it's a lower budget PSP remaster, not a ground up full game.
I think that's because it is only a remaster and not a remake like FFVII was.And honestly it is a pretty good one it seems.

Edit: Welp beaten twice apparently,So I'll just add that it speaks volumes about the remastering quality, that you thought it was a remake (although less impressive).
Because it's a remaster and it releases on Switch as well.
oh wow. had no idea this was a PSP game. crazy upgrade for a remaster.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Maybe you should add to your post which pic is the remaster and which is the original...Because I can't distinguish the difference

Just in case someone here would have a single digit IQ it was sarcasm.
This remaster has had so much work put into it, I think it puts to shame every other remasters I have ever seen.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
oh wow. had no idea this was a PSP game. crazy upgrade for a remaster.
I still own physical copy for that game on my PSP, it was one of more impressive looking game on PSP and if I remember right Birth By Sleep for PSP also used same engine.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yes, for a remaster, this is an exceptionally good looking effort.

Reminds me of the crazy good Saints Row 3 remaster we got a few years back.
Nah that saints row remaster doesn't even come close to the gap we've seen here (psp started from lower too) but yeah if they had announced it was a remake I would have believed it without any hesitation.

Lognor

Banned
for a game thats 'lame' you sure are in alot of the FF threads of past, just padding your post count i guess?
200.gif

Love seeing xbox get all this Japanese support, even if I do think it's trash. Xbox lineup is very diverse. Something for everyone

Fanboy fantasy? LoL. People had issues with Persona 5 coming to Xbox. Now for a lot of Sony fanboys FF is final frontier of exclusivity (especially with MS swallowing a huge chunk of WRPG market) :messenger_tears_of_joy:
As soon as FF goes multiplatform, there is nothing else that Sony can even moneyhat in Japan anymore.

How does years old games being ported mean sony can't moneyhat anymore. You ever heard of something called NEW releases? You know, games that ain't years old already? Let's celebrate xbox getting deathloop this year too! Xbox gets its own first party games on a delay.

You were saying? I told you. NEW releases.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I have no clue what Crisis Core is, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

It's a prequel to the original Final Fantasy 7, released on the PSP in the 2000s, this was the heyday of when Square Enix was trying to create a big compilation of FFVII with the advent children movie, the Dirge of Cerberus game etc.

It was one of the best PSP games of its time.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Ok I have to ask since I keep hearing these titles. What is advent children and strangers of paradise ( that new game). They sure didn’t market it

Lognor

Banned
Theres no correlation with the thread and you pretending to like xenoblade. Keep deflecting and act stupid.
Why do you think I'm pretending to like xb? I love it. It's my favorite jrpg in a long time. I've played all the games. Fantastic series. Weird that you don't think ppl like one of the best jrpgs ever...

Mabdia

I'm trying for years getting excited about Final Fantasy... But U just can't. The last time that it happened was in the announcement of XIII to a few years later get disappointed. Damn!!! Nowadays even XIII looks amazing...

Well I hope that when it gets a release to be a nice game to all of you who still enjoy FF. To me it was good while it lasted.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Why do you think I'm pretending to like xb? I love it. It's my favorite jrpg in a long time. I've played all the games. Fantastic series. Weird that you don't think ppl like one of the best jrpgs ever...
Look, I’m there with you, XC3 is my most HYPE game this year but why post this in Final Fantasy thread
Ff is lame anyway. Haven't played a ff game since the og 7.

Xenoblade blows it away and we got xb3 in a month. Enjoy your played out jrpg peasant.
Only thing this does is bring unnecessary hate towards the game.....please just don't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom