• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
keep huge amounts of mana pots. Later in the game mana doesn’t become a problem due to the rune word insight on your merchant. Get 25 strength so you can buy a belt with 8 extra potion slots in act 2

I usually put some points into energy to help early before I respec

warmth is fairly weak. You can put one point in it if you want but it doesn’t do much. I put a single point so it gets all the + skill bonuses. I have 8 in warmth currently due to plus skills and it’s still very minimal

do you have tir runes? I usually make stealth rune word armor and throw 2 tir runes in a helmet
That helps.

Still early on in act two. How are you all so fast?!

That helps.

Still early on in act two. How are you all so fast?!
you can get the runes to make Sealth, Leaf and throw two tirs in a helmet from the act 1 countess

farming the countess is a great way to get eary runes and it is good xp too

there are guides on how to find her quickly. you basically go left from the entrance tile each tower level and you'll find the next level

I recommend making stealth when possible and definitely leaf if you are using fire skills:

Stealth.png

Leaf.png

tir gives you 2 mana after each kill, so a tir tir helmet gives you 4 mana after each kill which helps a lot

Con-Z-epT

you can get the runes to make Sealth, Leaf and throw two tirs in a helmet from the act 1 countess

farming the countess is a great way to get eary runes and it is good xp too

there are guides on how to find her quickly. you basically go left from the entrance tile each tower level and you'll find the next level

I recommend making stealth when possible and definitely leaf if you are using fire skills:

Stealth.png

Leaf.png

tir gives you 2 mana after each kill, so a tir tir helmet gives you 4 mana after each kill which helps a lot
Just got 3 runes and not one of these. Will keep an eye out.

To farm i need to quit the game and enter back into it so that the countess respawns?

PanzerAzel

I never played Diablo growing up and D3 was my first experience. It literally pulled me out of my masochistic relationship with year 1 Destiny. It showed me that loot games arent supposed to be scams that keep loot from you just to keep you coming back day after day. The game had a fantastic progression system that allowed you to really tailor your character to your playstyle. It rewarded higher difficulties by offering better loot not just in terms of rarity but also awarded you extra slots for even more customization. Transfusions added even more customization.

No run felt lame. I used to run destiny raids three times a week with three different characters and never got the items i needed after literally four months of grinding. In 100 hours with Reaper of Souls, I had everything i needed and still had new builds and characters to play with.
“It showed me that loot games arent supposed to be scams that keep loot from you just to keep you coming back day after day.”

Did it?

Then you must’ve not been there in the early days of the RMAH. Diablo III was nothing but garbage early release, exploitative in taking a beloved loot system the game formerly predicated itself upon and capitalizing on it to the detriment of the game’s underlying design.

Even Blizzard admitted to as much after letting the RMAH fester until Blizzard’s coffers were satiated.

Diablo III is garbage and a shell of its predecessors.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
“It showed me that loot games arent supposed to be scams that keep loot from you just to keep you coming back day after day.”

Did it?

Then you must’ve not been there in the early days of the RMAH. Diablo III was nothing but garbage early release, exploitative in taking a beloved loot system the game formerly predicated itself upon and capitalizing on it to the detriment of the game’s underlying design.

Even Blizzard admitted to as much after letting the RMAH fester until Blizzard’s coffers were satiated.

Diablo III is garbage and a shell of its predecessors.
Yeah, thats why i mentioned Reaper of Souls. They fixed the game with that expansion.

Playing hardcore solo barbarian and having a blast. Died on my hardcore druid but it was because I tunnel visioned and didn't pay attention to my hp lol I was laughing at my stupidity

Warablo

Welp, wasted a socket quest. Thought Act 5 would be safe for a 4os Crystal sword, should have just waited for Normal cows. Got a 6os sword instead. Found the base sword in the Frozen River.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Welp, wasted a socket quest. Thought Act 5 would be safe for a 4os Crystal sword, should have just waited for Normal cows. Got a 6os sword instead. Found the base sword in the Frozen River.
yeah bud, it has happened to all of us. it's just the way of d2

Con-Z-epT

Playing hardcore solo barbarian and having a blast. Died on my hardcore druid but it was because I tunnel visioned and didn't pay attention to my hp lol I was laughing at my stupidity
So when you die in hardcore mode it ends the game? Permadeath?

Tg89

Yeah, I almost did the same then played it safe and went cows.

Act 5 gets to the 41+ ilvl stuff which unfortunately results in the 6os.

I just grabbed my crystal sword from cows. Found a wall of the eyeless in the cow level too. Was going to make an ancients pledge for when I start using spirit but I think wall of the eyeless is better? No resists but 20% fcr is amazing

mine does +5 to mana after each kill too, which is the max I believe

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
JUST GOT MY FIRST HR, SUR RUNE HOAKMTGPOAJ

BvaekS0.png

Last edited:

Yoshichan

GZ
So bad SUR isn't that great with low demand.
Even Cham is better for CNBF in Griffon for example
TY!!!!! People just want to get one step closer to Ber :lol:

cormack12

Gold Member
I find it really weird that a good drop of like shoes in act 1'3 is still better (except base def) than most of what has dropped since up to act 2'2.

Only thing is that they have base 14 and the stuff im chucking is base 23 but no stats.

Last edited:
Not sure if I should prioritize insight for merc over lore

can’t wait to get home and play, finished normal this afternoon had to leave for the day. Won’t be back until tonight. Can’t stop thinking about d2

DavidGzz

This game does not fuck about. Went into a level 1 cave, got my arse handed to me and lost my weapon, shield and all my gold. Now I'm not sure how to proceed.

Just restart the game, your body and items will be at your feet for you to click on.

Do i pay the death toll upon death even if i put my gold into the stash?

Is it better to invest in mana regeneration or to keep huge amounts of mana potions around for the sorceress?

I don't know about the first question but put some tir runes in a helm. It's been amazing. Suggested by someone here, I can't remember who.

DavidGzz

I know it won't but I wish that D4 had an offline mode. I play at work so pausing is essential. I'm salty about having to press 4 buttons to pause this game on controller because it's more fun playing that way. I tried online for a game, the lag every once in a while when killing enemies was annoying, no pause was annoying(you can do this in D3 when solo), and the fact that it took me 3 tries to create a game makes me so glad I am offline. Plus farming is much easier when the layout is saved.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

welp guys

i just streamed and played the game for 34 hours, awake for 48h... i'm done for today, but mostly because of the fact that I'm not feeling anything right now. maybe that's my body's way of saying that i'm about to die, so i'd rather not.

good night it was fun

:)

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Just restart the game, your body and items will be at your feet for you to click on.

I don't know about the first question but put some tir runes in a helm. It's been amazing. Suggested by someone here, I can't remember who.
Wait until
You get insight 🤫

dorkimoe

Gold Member
This game makes me wanna play diablo 3 again. I seemed to have way more fun in 3, so far i only have 2 skills and they arent fun lol. Maybe ill re-roll a sorcerer that looked fun

Ulysses 31

This game makes me wanna play diablo 3 again. I seemed to have way more fun in 3, so far i only have 2 skills and they arent fun lol. Maybe ill re-roll a sorcerer that looked fun
Combat is mostly click on enemy and hold button where as in D3 you often have to switch up between your 6 abilities you spec in.

At least that's what it is between my paladin and monk gameplay.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Combat is mostly click on enemy and hold button where as in D3 you often have to switch up between your 6 abilities you spec in.

At least that's what it is between my paladin and monk gameplay.
Ok, so this is normal then? I know its an old game so i guess i should expect this. Still having fun, but man now i want Diablo 4 so bad :(

DavidGzz

Ok, so this is normal then? I know its an old game so i guess i should expect this. Still having fun, but man now i want Diablo 4 so bad :(

As you level you'll use more skills depending on the class. A sorceress will need frozen armor, a single target spell, and an aoe skill, and teleport to escape sketchy situations of to create space, for example. A necro needs to summon, place curses and/or bone prisons, etc

Last edited:
Lots of hot takes on D3 in here lol. D3 is a fantastic game, D2 is a fantastic game. Pro-tip: you're allowed to like both. Every time you level in D3 it feels like an event with multiple new rune skills unlocking that can drastically alter how you play and since you have the freedom to switch skills on the fly you're encouraged to experiment and constantly switch things up if it starts to feel stale, you can't "fuck yourself" as it seems you can in D2 by misusing your skill points. Those complaining about difficulty clearly never tried higher Torment levels. Smoothness and sheer spectacle of combat is on another level, from the physics, destructability, particle effects etc. Lots of legendary drops aren't a negative, there is so much unique stuff crammed into this game that after hundreds of hours you can still find completely new weapon that has an original effect only seen on that weapon. A sword that procs a red demon to fight by your side comes to mind, this is the ONLY piece of the gear in the entire game that does it, many will never see this red demon. Endgame? No comparison. Adventure Mode and Nephalem Rifts win hands down or you could just replay all the acts on higher difficulty which is the *only* thing you can do in D2.

As a newcomer to D2 let me say this, I *vastly* prefer the dark, brooding atmosphere and gothic-flavoured art style. The music is god-tier, puts D3 to shame. The moment to moment gameplay is simple yet effective and highly addictive. The lighting in this game is sublime. The world feels more immersive and dangerous, the lore maybe a bit deeper (though I miss the tons of audio lore entries you can pick up in D3). The look of D2 almost has a painterly quality to it, a dark dream that invades your psyche and haunts you forevermore, I'm absolutely in love with it. I sometimes switch between to graphics just for a few seconds to compare, it's incredible to see how far we've come. The care Blizzard took bringing this classic to the modern age is clear, it's absolutely gorgeous. Why anyone would want to play with legacy graphics is beyond me (why did you buy the remaster? Play the original), must be some kind of bizarre mental deficiency.

D4 looks to marry to the dark look and atmosphere of D2 with the kinetic action and expansive skill set of D3, I can't fucking wait.

DavidGzz

Anyone have news how it runs and looks on Series X? 4k/60? Are the graphics better than the beta? Or same shit as a month ago?

For anyone playing on any platform, any notable improvements or tweaks they made since the beta? UI?

I've noticed they took the "miss" out and replaced it with an X, when your attacks miss an enemy, which looks better and is still optional. Seems to be default on console. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

DavidGzz

Lots of hot takes on D3 in here lol. D3 is a fantastic game, D2 is a fantastic game. Pro-tip: you're allowed to like both. Every time you level in D3 it feels like an event with multiple new rune skills unlocking that can drastically alter how you play and since you have the freedom to switch skills on the fly you're encouraged to experiment and constantly switch things up if it starts to feel stale, you can't "fuck yourself" as it seems you can in D2 by misusing your skill points. Those complaining about difficulty clearly never tried higher Torment levels. Smoothness and sheer spectacle of combat is on another level, from the physics, destructability, particle effects etc. Lots of legendary drops aren't a negative, there is so much unique stuff crammed into this game that after hundreds of hours you can still find completely new weapon that has an original effect only seen on that weapon. A sword that procs a red demon to fight by your side comes to mind, this is the ONLY piece of the gear in the entire game that does it, many will never see this red demon. Endgame? No comparison. Adventure Mode and Nephalem Rifts win hands down or you could just replay all the acts on higher difficulty which is the *only* thing you can do in D2.

As a newcomer to D2 let me say this, I *vastly* prefer the dark, brooding atmosphere and gothic-flavoured art style. The music is god-tier, puts D3 to shame. The moment to moment gameplay is simple yet effective and highly addictive. The lighting in this game is sublime. The world feels more immersive and dangerous, the lore maybe a bit deeper (though I miss the tons of audio lore entries you can pick up in D3). The look of D2 almost has a painterly quality to it, a dark dream that invades your psyche and haunts you forevermore, I'm absolutely in love with it. I sometimes switch between to graphics just for a few seconds to compare, it's incredible to see how far we've come. The care Blizzard took bringing this classic to the modern age is clear, it's absolutely gorgeous. Why anyone would want to play with legacy graphics is beyond me (why did you buy the remaster? Play the original), must be some kind of bizarre mental deficiency.

D4 looks to marry to the dark look and atmosphere of D2 with the kinetic action and expansive skill set of D3, I can't fucking wait.

I agree 100% with this. I feel like people hated the RMAH and the launch of the game and never went back to give it another chance. It's amazing now and to me, is still the best playing ARPG around. Only Lost Ark compares where gameplay is concerned. I'm loving D2R as well though!

Speaking of legacy graphics, man, my CX makes the old graphics unplayable. The 25fps looks sooo choppy on it. I just tested the old graphics on a monitor and it's totally fine there. Anyone have a CX and switch to legacy mode? 🤢

Vagswarm

You can definitely tell this is a Blizzard game. Has that familiar character creation layout and background music, lol.

Still a big fan of the opening cinematic... Usually don't geek out on entertainment, but was huge on the Diablo lore back in the day. Took a while to realize
The Wanderer was the main hero (you) from Diablo I, Marius was set up to free Baal while The Wanderer distracted Tyrael, and was specifically chosen because he was a weak, vulnerable target. Diablo put those nightmares into Marius' head and let him live. I still remember when Baal reveals at the end "you haven't failed old man, you have done exactly what you were meant to do..."
Awesome stuff.

Decided to go with a Necromancer for now, being on singleplayer and needing at least 20 companions to keep me company. Let's get it boys. 🤘

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
IMO D4 looks like a desaturated DIII still, this remaster should be the blueprint for D4. I love that enemies stay dead on the ground for such a long time in their pool of blood with gaping wounds.

And most importantly this games shows that everyone bitching about the WoW look of DIII was right all this time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom