• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Doomtrain

I just hit level 30 on my Meteorb Sorceress build. Since I can finally get Frozen Orb, I used my respec, and I got Frozen Orb/Fire Ball/Meteor, per the Icy Veins guide I'm using. I also put all my stat points into just enough Strength to use my gear, and then the remainder into Vitality, also per the guide. I'm melting enemies, but holy SHIT am I running out of mana quickly. I can usually last about two minutes in a dungeon before I need to TP out and restock with another dozen mana potions. I've got Leaf and Stealth, as well as the Viper Eye amulet to restore some mana, but it's nowhere near enough. Any advice?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I just hit level 30 on my Meteorb Sorceress build. Since I can finally get Frozen Orb, I used my respec, and I got Frozen Orb/Fire Ball/Meteor, per the Icy Veins guide I'm using. I also put all my stat points into just enough Strength to use my gear, and then the remainder into Vitality, also per the guide. I'm melting enemies, but holy SHIT am I running out of mana quickly. I can usually last about two minutes in a dungeon before I need to TP out and restock with another dozen mana potions. I've got Leaf and Stealth, as well as the Viper Eye amulet to restore some mana, but it's nowhere near enough. Any advice?
Equip the runeword insight on your merch in a grey/white polearm class weapon with 4 slots.

try building 2 spirit runeword. 4slot swords too

Last edited:
Just made it to Act 2 on Nightmare, been smooth sailing so far. Respec points from Dire Wolves into Grizzly summon, that thing is a beast, pun intended 🐻

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
holy fuck, the difficulty spike from mightmare to Hell is insane. My hardcore necromancer just got one shotted by a rando skeleton mob, instadeath. 15 hours down the drain.

there is no way anyone is ever getting that platinum trophy on this.
IMO most will try to do this as a group. The game becomes much easier when four people are going at it together. It’s still an annoying trophy, same as the lvl 99 one.

Warablo

GUESS WHO JUST GOT VEX FROM MEPHISTOS CHEST

AND WHO JUST MADE THIS 36% BAD BOY

bV61W3w.png
Nice, I found a ohm rune in the meph chest and made a 4/4/3 Cta.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
My level 22 Sorceress was trash and I just deleted her. She was making me mad and I was doing fine before Duriel destroys her. I respec to ice and its been just sitting at the entrance of a room and firing. She could take damage off of him just fine, but she is bad at taking damage. I never found Duriel this much of a pain. I’m going to restart as a Paladin or Barbarian. There’s a big difference in the Wizard from D3 and the Sorceress in D2.
I started a sorc for solo play and I have to say I am pretty bored with her too. I switched to an Assassins and I am having more fun on solo play.

drotahorror

Does anyone have a Ko rune I could have or trade for? (PC)

I bricked a lawbringer last night not even thinking. Farmed the runes and put them in a mace instead of a hammer/sword. I've done countess hell runes for a couple hours again, and just can't get a Ko to drop.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Does anyone have a Ko rune I could have or trade for? (PC)

I bricked a lawbringer last night not even thinking. Farmed the runes and put them in a mace instead of a hammer/sword. I've done countess hell runes for a couple hours again, and just can't get a Ko to drop.
i have a ko rune, dont really need any runes for now, just sorc gear :/

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Only played Diablo II like 10 years ago and without giving it too much thought.

So now I bought the game, and I'm having a lot of fun... but I have no idea what this ladder thing is, or how the online component works at all. Is there any manual for the game or resource you would recommend to learn about this stuff?
I know it has to be pretty basic stuff for ARPGs, but I haven't played a lot of those games.

Also... is it viable to beat Hell difficulty solo and with a build of my own? I don't like following wikis.

drotahorror

Only played Diablo II like 10 years ago and without giving it too much thought.

So now I bought the game, and I'm having a lot of fun... but I have no idea what this ladder thing is, or how the online component works at all. Is there any manual for the game or resource you would recommend to learn about this stuff?
I know it has to be pretty basic stuff for ARPGs, but I haven't played a lot of those games.

Also... is it viable to beat Hell difficulty solo and with a build of my own? I don't like following wikis.

I have played a lot of ARPG’s and never played Diablo 2 much when it came out. I would say this game is not basic at all. And I would be very surprised if you complete Hell solo with a build of your own.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I have played a lot of ARPG’s and never played Diablo 2 much when it came out. I would say this game is not basic at all. And I would be very surprised if you complete Hell solo with a build of your own.
Aw fuck. Well I guess I'll be learning on the go. Glad to read the game becomes challenging later on.

Vagswarm

You guys have some badass items. I imagine they all came from difficulties that aren't normal (what I'm still on, lol).

The RNG can be brutal sometimes, i was having incredible luck on my paladin offline, but now it's the complete opposite trying out a barbarian build online. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

Warablo

Nice finds, still haven't found a Shako, rocking very minimal MF and just using power items.

Funny enough you can get like 200-300 mf on low level set items if you really wanted. I noticed that when trying out some low level sets on my Barb.
Is it possible to complete all 3 difficulties without farming for items? I only got to Nightmare in the original.
Maybe with a summon Necro?

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Maybe with a summon Necro?
So that's pretty much a no? lol. I was just wondering if farming items is something you guys do just to collect or because it's required in order to advance in the higher difficulties. I can understand the purpose more if it's the latter, 'cause that's all people seem to do later on and I always was curious as to why. I imagine it would get boring if there was no purpose behind it.

Vagswarm

I would be very surprised if you complete Hell solo with a build of your own.
Indeed. It's even difficult in the early on. A lot of primary skills (like bone spirit) have supporting skills that also must be gained in order to maximize their full potential... even if you don't actually use those skills. At first I thought it was just a bonus, but skills & items really make this game and determine how effective you will be. Making a hybrid character that goes against maximizing the primary & supporting skills isn't that effective I've found... like having 5 skeletons that all die in 15 seconds. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
So that's pretty much a no? lol. I was just wondering if farming items is something you guys do just to collect or because it's required in order to advance in the higher difficulties. I can understand the purpose more if it's the latter, 'cause that's all people seem to do later on and I always was curious as to why. I imagine it would get boring if there was no purpose behind it.
you need good gear for hell, you start with -100 resists in everything. good fcr if you're a caster etc..

Moonjt9

So I just discovered that changing the legacy graphics to 640x480 zooms the game in on console. The graphics look so good and detailed that I might continue playing that way, but it does feel a bit cramped. Do you all play fully zoomed out or zoomed in at all?

Vagswarm

So I just discovered that changing the legacy graphics to 640x480 zooms the game in on console. The graphics look so good and detailed that I might continue playing that way, but it does feel a bit cramped. Do you all play fully zoomed out or zoomed in at all?
I play fully zoomed out with a 2560x1440 resolution on a laptop PC. It's not as detailed, obviously, but I prefer being able to see as much as possible. The graphics still look fine and it's the darkness and lighting effects that make it great IMO.

I play fully zoomed out with a 2560x1440 resolution on a laptop PC. It's not as detailed, obviously, but I prefer being able to see as much as possible. The graphics still look fine and it's the darkness and lighting effects that make it great IMO.
well on oc you can adjust the zoom with F and scrollwheel

Vagswarm

well on oc you can adjust the zoom with F and scrollwheel
Ah, there is no such capability on the console? Either way I don't use zoom unless it's on accident. (The OP said they use the smaller resolution to zoom in.) There's too much action going on and I need to see everywhere.

Last edited:
Ah, there is no such capability on the console? Either way I don't use zoom unless it's on accident. (The OP said they use the smaller resolution to zoom in.) There's too much action going on and I need to see everywhere.
yes, it is pc only for now. I zoom in a little bit and it look a lot nicer.

Malakhov

Banned
Oh damn, I forgot you lose resist with each difficulty. -100 is quite a lot. Gonna be an interesting journey indeed.
Yeah it hurts a lot.

I can finally farm Mephisto on hell difficulty, I am an idiot I forgot I could just hold down the right button to teleport instead of clicking.. dumb award for me

I have more than 100 fcr on sorc so I'm good to go incognito while teleporting

Malakhov

Banned
Also a tip, maybe you guys already know but i didnt, put your gold in the shared stash, when you die you lose none of it

Was thinking about buying this game and playing with a friend. Never played a Diablo but should I get this or Diablo 3 to play with a friend? Cant decide tbh. Just beat Hades and am just itching for some more isometric shit

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Yeah it hurts a lot.

I can finally farm Mephisto on hell difficulty, I am an idiot I forgot I could just hold down the right button to teleport instead of clicking.. dumb award for me

I have more than 100 fcr on sorc so I'm good to go incognito while teleporting
A little OT: Whenever people used to call the game a "clickfest", I would always say, "Don't you realize you can just hold the button down to continue a function after pressing the mouse key once?" I never just sat there and clicked all over the place. Even with those annoying teleporting mobs, they go in a straight line after.

Vagswarm

Was thinking about buying this game and playing with a friend. Never played a Diablo but should I get this or Diablo 3 to play with a friend? Cant decide tbh. Just beat Hades and am just itching for some more isometric shit
At least on PC, there's a Diablo Prime Collection which includes Ressurected, Diablo 3 + Reaper of Soul's Expansion + The Necromancer Pack + 2 items for Diablo 3, all for $60. I've been thinking about getting the $20 upgrade for all the Diablo 3 goods including the game itself (only got Ressurected atm).

So you could have both and all expansions for $60.

Last edited:
At least on PC, there's a Diablo Prime Collection which includes Ressurected, Diablo 3 + Reaper of Soul's Expansion + The Necromancer Pack + 2 items for Diablo 3, all for $60. I've been thinking about getting the $20 upgrade for all the Diablo 3 goods including the game itself (only got Ressurected atm).

So you could have both and all expansions for $60.
Oy Im sorry but i failed to mention im on Playstation

Vagswarm

Oy Im sorry but i failed to mention im on Playstation
Looks like the same thing is available on the PS4 and PS5. Even has the same name: Prime Evil Collection, and the same price.

*The Eternal Collection for Diablo 3 on console includes the Necromancer Pack, which is included in this.

For those on the Xbox, the same deals are also available.

Last edited:
Top Bottom