• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
In classic that was the case. In Resurrected you can run the cow level repeatedly, even if you kill the Cow King.
I tried to get another Wirt's Leg after i killed the Cow King and i can't get one. Are you sure?

NT80

What's the framerate on base PS4? I had a quick dabble of the open beta and it was 30. Has that changed or are there options to set it at 60 on the base console?

Poppyseed

D3 is a piece of crap.
No. It’s not. It’s excellent these days (has been for a while now). D2 was fantastic back in the day but the mechanics and movement are absolutely creaky these days, and that’s from someone who sunk more hours that he cares to admit into D2 (and D3). I’m glad there was a demo of D2R because it saved my $.

In classic that was the case. In Resurrected you can run the cow level repeatedly, even if you kill the Cow King.
Like I said, the portal is gone. I'm guessing once you start a new difficulty the portal disappears, if you have info to the contrary I'm all ears. I could use the Wirt's leg from the Nightmare playthrough but that would be a waste (let me know if there's a way to magically conjure more legs 👌).

Malakhov

Banned
D4 looks like shit arcade game after this

Hell multiplayer is awful, filled with games with people just begging for gear or wanting to trade

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Yeah I ran multiple Cow levels on Monday and killed the Cow King each time. I went to the Stony Field and took the Tristram portal to grab another leg for each run.
Tried two times now to get the leg but there is no new leg.

Edit: Found it!

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GUESS WHO JUST GOT VEX FROM MEPHISTOS CHEST

AND WHO JUST MADE THIS 36% BAD BOY

bV61W3w.png

khuezy

Is it worth farming mephisto on nightmare as a sorc?

I did about 20-30 runs and all I got for my sorc that I can use is a snowclash battle belt, pretty good as a blizzard sorc tho
Yes. If you're on hardcore, stick to farming meph. If you're on SC, hell is better.
It's relatively safe using the moat trick.

iHaunter

No. It’s not. It’s excellent these days (has been for a while now). D2 was fantastic back in the day but the mechanics and movement are absolutely creaky these days, and that’s from someone who sunk more hours that he cares to admit into D2 (and D3). I’m glad there was a demo of D2R because it saved my $.
Took forever to get good. I played it on launch. Not going to wait 5 years for it not to suck. It's a piece of crap.

Skifi28

Took forever to get good. I played it on launch. Not going to wait 5 years for it not to suck. It's a piece of crap.
Again, was. The game has been great for years. Yes, you had a bad experience at launch, it's sad, but it's also been a decade so I suggest getting over it.

ssringo

Well, fucked my sorceress up. Was respeccing and unconsciously held down shift while clicking strength. Now have a buff sorceress. Not even close to unlocking another respec. RIP Nessa.

Was quite pissed for a few minutes. Now it's just funny.

43kaIN2.gif

Vagswarm

These final bosses sure do put up a fight. Minions and mercs get slaughtered pretty much right away. I just use a Golem as a distraction while cursing and spamming bone spells until they're defeated.

The cinematics between Act IV and V are pretty awesome. I like how Baal really feels like a nasty, evil being that must be destroyed. Now I'm on a mission, just give me 3-5 more days and it should be a wrap. Hahaha.

It's also looking great for Diablo IV, in the sense that from the beginning they wanted to make it darker like the earlier games that aren't 3. But not in the sense that the director who emphasized this got fired or quit in the recent chaos. 🤷‍♂️

DavidGzz

Went back to controller life and it saved my hammerdin. The build feels so boring on mouse and keyboard. I was going to respec for sure in Nightmare. Feels good on controller though. I just am getting great at pausing with a controller. start+rb 3 times really fast lol

Last edited:
been taking my time doing ancient tunnels. Is the xp gain for hell baal runs significantly faster than AT runs? I’m doing AT for MF but I seem to be getting decent experience. Level 82 currently

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Went back to controller life and it saved my hammerdin. The build feels so boring on mouse and keyboard. I was going to respec for sure in Nightmare. Feels good on controller though. I just am getting great at pausing with a controller. start+rb 3 times really fast lol
Have to agree that paladin feels lot better on controller. It was already my fav class but on controller I feel like it's cheating.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I was going to retire the game but 3 things saved it to make me want to grind all difficulties now. I beat normal with frenzy barb but it was mad boring combat wise.

I tried a few other classes too and now the game is saved!

Step 1) Play controller
Step 2) Play a little more zoomed in to appreciate the sick graphics more
Step 3) Play Paladin. Walking into a group of enemies as they all blow up is sooooo tight!!!

DavidGzz

Have to agree that paladin feels lot better on controller. It was already my fav class but on controller I feel like it's cheating.

I feel like that even more with ranged to be honest. My bowazon and sorceress almost never get hit, I just move and attack instead of mostly trading hits when I play with a mouse mostly out of laziness, I get I could move more with a mouse but having to keep moving the cursor over to the enemy is more of a chore compared to the auto targetting of a controller.

I was going to retire the game but 3 things saved it to make me want to grind all difficulties now. I beat normal with frenzy barb but it was mad boring combat wise.

I tried a few other classes too and now the game is saved!

Step 1) Play controller
Step 2) Play a little more zoomed in to appreciate the sick graphics more
Step 3) Play Paladin. Walking into a group of enemies as they all blow up is sooooo tight!!!

I have all 7 classes to level 20+ with a couple in the 30s. I don't care how long it's taking me to get anywhere, it's keeping it fresh and since I'm only doing single player, I don't feel rushed by friends or a leaderboard.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I feel like that even more with ranged to be honest. My bowazon and sorceress almost never get hit, I just move and attack instead of mostly trading hits when I play with a mouse mostly out of laziness, I get I could move more with a mouse but having to keep moving the cursor over to the enemy is more of a chore compared to the auto targetting of a controller.

I have all 7 classes to level 20+ with a couple in the 30s. I don't care how long it's taking me to get anywhere, it's keeping it fresh and since I'm only doing single player, I don't feel rushed by friends or a leaderboard.

Speaking of what even is Blizzards plan for this title ? I assume some patches then that's a wrap. If they were smart they would invest in D2.5 by adding tons of stuff.

New gear
New abilities
Add in a class
Boss rush modes
Event weekends
Competitive seasons

I know that's probably never going to happen.

I'm basically waiting for either D4 or Last Epoch to finish once I've had my fill of D2.

DavidGzz

Speaking of what even is Blizzards plan for this title ? I assume some patches then that's a wrap. If they were smart they would invest in D2.5 by adding tons of stuff.

New gear
New abilities
Add in a class
Boss rush modes
Event weekends
Competitive seasons

I know that's probably never going to happen.

I'm basically waiting for either D4 or Last Epoch to finish once I've had my fill of D2.

I didn't read it but someone posted a link where they spoke of making it a live service that will be updated so fingers crossed for patches, content, quality of life, etc. Maybe make them options, so the purists don't have a literal cow.

Vagswarm

Decided to use the respec on Normal difficulty (you get 3 total, 1 for each difficulty), and go with golem, curse and bone instead of skeleton mages. They die too fast once you get to Act IV and there's too much crap to keep track of. It's been more enjoyable to let the monsters attack each other while being cursed with Iron Maiden and having a Golem / Merc do the tanking. I'll throw bone spirits in a huge pile of mobs, or use Corpse Explosion. CE works great on the elite / minion mobs.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Woo hell mode here we go 😎😎😎
Damn hell mode does not fuck around lol.

all ress is positive but no more then 30 🤣
The fuck..

I think i am supposed to grind nightmare a lot more?

Last edited:

DubReno

Well, fucked my sorceress up. Was respeccing and unconsciously held down shift while clicking strength. Now have a buff sorceress. Not even close to unlocking another respec. RIP Nessa.

Was quite pissed for a few minutes. Now it's just funny.

43kaIN2.gif

Get a BOTD and max Enchant, swoleceress

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
My level 22 Sorceress was trash and I just deleted her. She was making me mad and I was doing fine before Duriel destroys her. I respec to ice and its been just sitting at the entrance of a room and firing. She could take damage off of him just fine, but she is bad at taking damage. I never found Duriel this much of a pain. I’m going to restart as a Paladin or Barbarian. There’s a big difference in the Wizard from D3 and the Sorceress in D2.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

My level 22 Sorceress was trash and I just deleted her. She was making me mad and I was doing fine before Duriel destroys her. I respec to ice and its been just sitting at the entrance of a room and firing. She could take damage off of him just fine, but she is bad at taking damage. I never found Duriel this much of a pain. I’m going to restart as a Paladin or Barbarian. There’s a big difference in the Wizard from D3 and the Sorceress in D2.
I remember getting slaughtered by Duriel back in the day as a Sorceress as well. He wasn't that easy with a Necromancer (in D2R just recently) either. Casters have a major disadvantage when it comes to final bosses, since the mercs get killed so quickly.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I remember getting slaughtered by Duriel back in the day as a Sorceress as well. He wasn't that easy with a Necromancer (in D2R just recently) either. Casters have a major disadvantage when it comes to final bosses, since the mercs get killed so quickly.
He hit hers, puts her in a daze, she’s frozen, and then poof you’re dead. Even with rejuvenation potions there was barely any recover time in his den. I could see teleportation being very useful, but you’re still a glass cannon. You must have had to level up quite a bit before that fight?

Vagswarm

He hit hers, puts her in a daze, she’s frozen, and then poof you’re dead. Even with rejuvenation potions there was barely any recover time in his den. I could see teleportation being very useful, but you’re still a glass cannon. You must have had to level up quite a bit before that fight?
Yeah, I could survive a few hits and have enough time to summon a golem inbetween potion drinks (with the Necro). I didn't use a single thaw potion or whatever it's called... Did you play with /players 8 activated and clear all areas fully? There's a huge difference in how much experience you gain. It feels like it offsets the hit point & damage increase mobs receive in return.

And also, put some points into strength so you can wear something semi-decent. I believe my Necro has 37.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
The paladin really comes to life on a controller. Being able to instantly swap auras is so great. Have one for more stamina and faster running , engage a mob? Concentration aura! Being poisoned, switch to healing aura for a bit.

Found gear and stuff that makes me run 55% faster and have pretty much unlimited stamina is so nice to have. Lol.

Malakhov

Banned
been taking my time doing ancient tunnels. Is the xp gain for hell baal runs significantly faster than AT runs? I’m doing AT for MF but I seem to be getting decent experience. Level 82 currently
Thanks for that post, I just tried the ancient tunnels and yeah the exp is good. I havent found any good items so far, just low level set items but at least it's exp grinding with a chance of a drop. Easy as blizzard sorc as well

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
holy fuck, the difficulty spike from mightmare to Hell is insane. My hardcore necromancer just got one shotted by a rando skeleton mob, instadeath. 15 hours down the drain.

there is no way anyone is ever getting that platinum trophy on this.

Last edited:
Thanks for that post, I just tried the ancient tunnels and yeah the exp is good. I havent found any good items so far, just low level set items but at least it's exp grinding with a chance of a drop. Easy as blizzard sorc as well
Blizzard sorc was made for ancient tunnels, really thrives there (great for mephisto too of course)

no cold immunes and level 85 area do anything can drop

lots of elite mobs and it’s fast to get to AT

it’s literally the only place I farm outside of NM countess if I need a low level rune

I love it

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Blizzard sorc was made for ancient tunnels, really thrives there (great for mephisto too of course)

no cold immunes and level 85 area do anything can drop

lots of elite mobs and it’s fast to get to AT

it’s literally the only place I farm outside of NM countess if I need a low level rune

I love it
What's the best items you got from there so far?

I need to practice my teleport and get better get to farm Mephisto hell so I'll be doing the tunnels for a while

Top Bottom