• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

DavidGzz

Shared stash in single player is still corrupted with items disappearing when i leave the game.

So this has nothing to do with the servers? With all maintenance this needs a real patch instead?

My stash is always full and I have never seen this yet. I hope I never do.

Anyone hving issues with your act 2 mercs prayer not healing you all of a sudden? Do I have to hire a new one to fix this glitch? I've restarted the game and it still isn't healing me.

Edit: Yep, had to hire a new prayer merc to get it to activate again.

Even though I played Diablo 2 regularly over the past 20 years, Resurrected makes the game feel so fresh. I’m so fucking hooked. lol

I was skeptical. I was like, I've played it for thousands of hours and it's old news. The graphics sheen will wear off and I'll get bored quickly. NOPE. I guess the people who say graphics don't matter are super wrong. Graphics and framerate matter A LOT. I'm addicted all over again.

Last edited:

Kacho

My stash is always full and I have never seen this yet. I hope I never do.

Anyone hving issues with your act 2 mercs prayer not healing you all of a sudden? Do I have to hire a new one to fix this glitch? I've restarted the game and it still isn't healing me.

I was skeptical. I was like, I've played it for thousands of hours and it's old news. The graphics sheen will wear off and I'll get bored quickly. NOPE. I guess the people who say graphics don't matter are super wrong. Graphics and framerate matter A LOT. I'm addicted all over again.
Yeah the framerate bump is such a massive improvement. I tolerated 25fps in D2 classic because I had to, but switching between the two now makes me want to barf. There’s no going back.

Kacho

Wheres the glacial trail waypoint? I got the crystalline passage one. Is it in there or is it an exit?
Maps are random so it’s impossible to say. Either keep looking or exit the game and rejoin to refresh the map (assuming you’re not playing offline).

cormack12

Gold Member
Maps are random so it’s impossible to say. Either keep looking or exit the game and rejoin to refresh the map (assuming you’re not playing offline).
Yeah i didnt mean the exact waypoint. I described it wrong. Im actually looking for the area its in - glacial trails. Ive been through the bloody foothills, Frigid Highlands Arreat Plateau, Crystalline passage, the weird portal dungeon but havent found the next area yet

Remember that repair cost is a proportion of sell price. So the positive is that certain stats on an item dramatically improve their sell value even if it is useless.

However, anything that is ethereal or can only be used by a certain class, is heavily nerfed in sell price. They would still be expensive to BUY, but the sell price is lowered. This is why you would never bother to sell Assassin claws for gold.

Wands and staffs, despite intending to be used by Nercos and Sorcs, was never given the restriction. Which is why they sell for so much when they have one or two +skills in it. Orbs are nerfed in sell price as it is Sorc only, but the sheer number of possible skills and the relatively small carry size means you might want to sell them anyway.

anything with + to skills, skills in general usually net big sales. Wands, staffs, staves, animal heads (druid hats) to name a few.

Fools idol

Banned
when I hit my Skill hotkey bindings nothing happens. What gives? I can only use one skill at a time via selecting it for the right mouse click button.

Yamisan

Does the /players command not work on D2 Resurrected online characters? I'm pretty sure I remember using it when playing solo on online character in the OG game. =\ killing my Trist 5-15 runs =\

when I hit my Skill hotkey bindings nothing happens. What gives? I can only use one skill at a time via selecting it for the right mouse click button.
That's just how Diablo 2 works with a mouse and keyboard.

As of right now, only controllers have instant hotkeys. I guess they wanted to keep the PC experience intact, but I wish they at least included an option.

Warablo

Ya, the RNG in this game is brutal, especially for high runes. Kinda different than modern games.

No idea if they should ever address it or not or if that's what makes D2 so good. I do think in the early difficulties low to mid level sets and uniques should be boosted drop rates.

Like I said earlier I found a Nightwing Spiral helm, which I think is a pretty hard thing to find. Which was amazing, but if I didn't find that all my good stuff are just overpowered runewords.

Last edited:

Yamisan

End game farming you barely will be switching between skills. Just 1 or 2 skills + TPing out and thats all so its really not bad.

sircaw

Banned
Thought i would ask,

I am playing on ps4, i love to magic find etc,

I am not a big fan of trading in general as it seems over-complicated on the console in terms of trying to find someone etc, games bla bla, i am wondering if there are any long-term diablo fanatics on here that would be interested in trading in the future.

My main will be non-ladder, on battlenet. eu playstation

i don't see a reason at present for ladders anymore.

Perhaps we can organize it here on the forums then meet up in the game for a trade etc.

At present, i only have a couple of things worth trading but that will change hopefully in the future.

All i am looking for now is a couple of people in the same boat as me with the same requirements of character, none ladder etc.

Anyways if this is you and you are interested now or in the future give me a shout,

thanks.

I hope this doesn't not break any neogaf rules if it does mods just remove it no harm done but i don't think it should.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Does the /players command not work on D2 Resurrected online characters? I'm pretty sure I remember using it when playing solo on online character in the OG game. =\ killing my Trist 5-15 runs =\
It only works in singleplayer. Online is literally by the amount of players in the game. And it's always been this way.

Vagswarm

All you people who already beat the game on all 3 difficulties or are in hell difficulty are insane. My slow ass just made it to Act III on Normal. Lmao. I've been clearing every area and taking my time though. And /players 8 really slows things down, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

That's part of what makes this game great... you can play any way you want it, even as an action RPG / hack n slash. Even with the various builds within each class. Glad we're all having a great time in our own way. 🤘

PanzerAzel

Yeah I’ve never understood that much either.

Good graphics don’t make a bad game good, but hell if they don’t make an already excellent game even better. Just things like the dynamic lighting and flow of moving from sprites to 3D models have complimented the aesthetic (and the gameplay) beautifully.

I’ll always jump at the chance for my all-time faves to get a better coat of paint, and D2:R has really nailed the flavor of the original’s aesthetic while also modernizing it.

Last edited:
on m&k i recall being able to hold shift to standstill and click around, is it possible to map that function to the controller? I'm playing on switch...

Meesh

I need some completely objective and honest replies from a few Diablo enthusiasts.
I've played Diablo 3 on Xbox and loved it, but which is better in the long run? Diablo 3 or 2?

I'm looking for a solid game I can play with my kids, something we haven't all played together. I'll be playing it on the Switch.

Thanks to any who reply with their personal opinions, much valued!!

Malakhov

Banned
Is it worth farming mephisto on nightmare as a sorc?

I did about 20-30 runs and all I got for my sorc that I can use is a snowclash battle belt, pretty good as a blizzard sorc tho

I need some completely objective and honest replies from a few Diablo enthusiasts.
I've played Diablo 3 on Xbox and loved it, but which is better in the long run? Diablo 3 or 2?

I'm looking for a solid game I can play with my kids, something we haven't all played together. I'll be playing it on the Switch.

Thanks to any who reply with their personal opinions, much valued!!

I mean now that we got D2 Resurrected, id say D2. The only thing that is a bit noticeable is that looting is maaaaaybe more enjoyable in D3 because you actually can get random drops of really good gear on normal etc. But I feel like D2 is so much more addictive and i like the esthetics of it more which Id say majority would say the same. D3 looks like WOW, D2 looks grimy, horror themed dark. Soundtrack is a blast too! I feel D2 is way more addicting and can last you ages...Im not a hardcore D fan but I think I played D3 only once till the very end and never went back to it. D2R, my lvl 15 Barbarian somehow got wiped due to server issues, and I wasnt even mad lol. I was like ok...here we go again, lets slay from the beginning :)

Last edited:
For those affected by the "shared stash" bug, I figured out an easy workaround. *Without closing the game* save and quit to main menu, make a new character, shared stash will be there, transfer it all to PRIVATE stash, save and quit, your stuff is now safe with your mule. I actually made 1 of each character class and when I end a session I go through this process dolling out gear I collected to the relevant class, putting it in their private stash, hope this helps, on PS5, can't speak for other platforms.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
exhausting but fuuun

lvl 89 with light sorc

Inviusx

They really need to fix the auto move to stash bug, dunno if it's broken on PC as well but on PS5, holding square on an item rarely moves it to the stash, I think it works like 1/30 tries. Disappointed they didn't fix this from the Beta.

bigedole

So I've put quite a few hours into the game so far on my PS4 Pro. I've got a zeal paladin at level 70 who finished nightmare tonight and is in the process of farming Baal. I play this character exclusively with my friend who is playing a blizzard sorc and we are rolling now that I finally got a decent weapon in the fleshrender club meant for feral druids :p

However, I also have a trap assassin who I play by myself/in random public games, I've got her through normal but as I was doing Act 5 by my lonesome, the game crashed the first time I was fighting the minions on like wave 3. Alright, it was my first crash at all while playing the game so figured some bad luck, but then I went back through, cleared the minions and then as I was fighting Baal the game crashed again the moment he died. To add insult too injury, I got to see the loot flash before my eyes before the game crashed and there was a unique demonhide sash :(. My pally really could've used a string of ears.

Though I'm a bit miffed to lose out on awesome loot, my main concern is that I can't really grind Baal runs with my trap assasin as something about her traps might be causing the game to crash? It just felt weird that I have all these hours spent without a crash and then two back to back. Has anyone experienced or heard of the game crashing on PS4? Also, if anyone wants to play on PS4, hit me up. PSN: Ellery01

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So I've put quite a few hours into the game so far on my PS4 Pro. I've got a zeal paladin at level 70 who finished nightmare tonight and is in the process of farming Baal. I play this character exclusively with my friend who is playing a blizzard sorc and we are rolling now that I finally got a decent weapon in the fleshrender club meant for feral druids :p

However, I also have a trap assassin who I play by myself/in random public games, I've got her through normal but as I was doing Act 5 by my lonesome, the game crashed the first time I was fighting the minions on like wave 3. Alright, it was my first crash at all while playing the game so figured some bad luck, but then I went back through, cleared the minions and then as I was fighting Baal the game crashed again the moment he died. To add insult too injury, I got to see the loot flash before my eyes before the game crashed and there was a unique demonhide sash :(. My pally really could've used a string of ears.

Though I'm a bit miffed to lose out on awesome loot, my main concern is that I can't really grind Baal runs with my trap assasin as something about her traps might be causing the game to crash? It just felt weird that I have all these hours spent without a crash and then two back to back. Has anyone experienced or heard of the game crashing on PS4? Also, if anyone wants to play on PS4, hit me up. PSN: Ellery01
I'm using a paladin trying to zeal it too. Never played paladin 20 years ago. Just got to Act 2. Only level 15 or something. Right now, I'm just trying to get by doig a shitty combo of Prayer for constant healing and some Fire Aura and Defiance. I have Zeal unlocked and dabbling with it.

If you got any tips for where to put points into strength/dex.... and also ability/perk points that would be awesome!

Last edited:

bigedole

I'm using a paladin trying to zeal it too. Never played paladin 20 years ago. Just got to Act 2. Only level 15 or something. Right now, I'm just trying to get by doig a shitty combo of Prayer for constant healing and some Fire Aura and Defiance. I have Zeal unlocked and dabbling with it.

If you got any tips for where to put points into strength/dex.... and also ability/perk points that would be awesome!
For getting through normal you really wanna spec into holy fire as your main skill with only 1 or 2 points max into zeal, then the rest into resist fire for synergizing holy fire. Maybe 1 point into salvation to help with specific locations/monsters. Holy fire adds a lot of damage per hit which helps a lot before you can really get fanaticism going. I respeced around 40 after starting nightmare to the more common fanatacism/sacrifice/zeal/holy shield build that is the "meta" zeal paladin. For stats, you probably want 60ish str by act 4, maybe some small amount of dex depending on what gear/attack rating you've managed to get and then mostly vit. You shouldn't use any points on energy. If you can find the Cleglaw's set it is actually super good for normal/most of nightmare despite being a level 4 set if you can get at least 2 pieces (but all 3 makes it really shine).

Once I respeced I split my points relatively evenly between str dex and vit with a small favoring towards vit. Since the respec brings holy shield online, it becomes possible to max block rate and I've kept my dex high enough to do that, which has let me be a really good tank for my sorc friend. I can face tank pretty much anything I can life leech from on Nightmare. My gear was pretty average until we farmed NM Diablo and managed to get a tal rasha's mask with 10% life leech and the fleshrender club with crushing blow/deadly strikes. Zeal builds benefit heavily from having crushing blow since you're maximizing # of attacks.

I will say, the build felt a bit slow by the end of Normal, but since I was playing in a duo with my friend he picked up a lot of my slack. Zeal paladin is, unfortunately, very gear dependent like all melee classes so it's a little rougher go with it if you don't get lucky with drops and it's your first char. Definitely spend time grinding countess to build up your rune supply both on normal and nightmare as it can make a big difference. Keep an eye out for paladin shields with 2 open sockets and all resistance, or good 3 open socket swords/clubs/maces. I got very unlucky in this regard, never once found a good 3 os or 5 os 1h weapon despite having a ton of runes to make a couple different options. Rhyme shield (Shael + Eth) is almost a necessity for the cannot be frozen and blocking boosts.

Beat Baal, spent 200K+ constantly teleporting out to revive my Merc who kept dying in 5 seconds, realized he wasn't worth reviving so from that point forward only teleported out to restock potions. Going straight to the cow level after that was cathartic, slaying hundreds of cows for loot and gold felt great after that fight lol. Diablo was the biggest challenge, on to Nightmare!

Last edited:
fucking FINALLY found a white monarch shield

got a shitty spirit roll tho

guess I got a reason to keep an eye out for a second one

decided to abandon going for 105% fcr and focus on resists

made a huge difference, I think the sacrifice is worth it when questing solo

I was looking at Barbarian builds and now im not sure if i messed up, every build is 20 points on sword mastery. not sure if i messed up because I already went towards the axe mastery with 8 points so far. Should I abandon or is an axe just as good weapon down the line?

Vagswarm

This game sure is addicting. lol. I have to force myself to stop playing after a while, and the areas keep getting bigger. If this was 20 years ago, there'd be 12+ hour sessions for sure. The PC hotkeys could definitely be better though.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I beat it on normal today. Baal wasn't too bad. Had more trouble with his minions.

Now to find the mysterious cow level. Gonna pull out a leg or two...

Last edited:

DavidGzz

on m&k i recall being able to hold shift to standstill and click around, is it possible to map that function to the controller? I'm playing on switch...

You move with the analog stick so that's standard with controller. What skill is causing you to move?

If you move on to the next difficulty level you lose access to the cow level unlocked in the previous difficulty? I only did 1 run in moo moo land as I was eager to start Nightmare, when I go back to Normal the portal is gone 😢

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
If you move on to the next difficulty level you lose access to the cow level unlocked in the previous difficulty? I only did 1 run in moo moo land as I was eager to start Nightmare, when I go back to Normal the portal is gone 😢
Shouldn't be too hard to get another Wirt's Leg.

Top Bottom