• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drinky Puppy colored dancing bananas thread(40/40 lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
omgggg.jpg

Someone had to do it. :)

heidern

M3wThr33 said:
Ah, this is wonderful. I can only hope for more chaos to ensue.

It's so fitting, for such a perfect thread, after 10 pages of exceedingly good craziness, for this post to be the first to grace the 11th and beckon the next 10 pages... kinda like how after the dust has settled, and Nintendogs is beckoning a new era in handheld gaming :p

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Well, I've said this before, but...

... we seriously need to get a "Special Thanks to Drinky Crow" in the North American version of this game.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Is anybody shocked that the Japanese are eating up a game like Nintendogs?

Wait, that came out all wrong...

Amir0x

Banned
First: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (junkwaffle) HAHAHAHAHASHAHHAHAHAHAHAA (JackFrost.. I love ya baby) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (oh god, 300k sales? is it true?) AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

DCharlie said:
and , of course, you don't like Nintendo!

come on, we've all noticed. Let it out! You'll feel better! ;)

no. i just have some pretty strong opinions about certain games, and it pisses me off to no end when my favorite developer makes them :p

GaimeGuy said:
It is a big deal. It's only the 6th game in history to receive perfect scores from famitsu.

It is, in fact, the most unimportant thing in Famitsu's magazines - as are all their reviews. Their scores mean shit, their reviews mean shit, and people who put validity in their reviews mean shit. I don't really know what to say to people who think this is a big deal, which makes this thread a hundred times funnier.

THIS THREAD is what it is all for. This is the best thread in GAF history. It's worthy of the chatlog forum. It should be slashdotted. It should be idolized in Something Awful for years to come.

And if Nintendogs has sold 300,000k in first week? Oh man. Oh man.

So. Now that the orgiastic triumphalism has been exhausted and completely unrealistic expectations for Nintendo have congealed amid the dance of endorphins in the swollen skulls of the Nintendowns crowd, can we all discuss the REAL issue of why the Nintendo DS still OBJECTIVELY sucks?

Amirox: Fear not, this WILL be archived. It'll make a funny footnote in 2007.

Amir0x

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
So. Now that the orgiastic triumphalism has been exhausted and completely unrealistic expectations for Nintendo have congealed amid the dance of endorphins in the swollen skulls of the Nintendowns crowd, can we all discuss the REAL issue of why the Nintendo DS still OBJECTIVELY sucks?

But the real question is: Does Nintendogs OBJECTIVELY suck? The answer to that, my friends, is clearly "No!"

No, I'm pretty sure it still sucks. But really, that's neither here nor there. The point is that the bar has been raised immeasurably high for future fanboy responses, and can ANY of you motherfuckers beat me for setting this shit up?

Let's tally the score:
- Smiles and Cries is out like $50 x 7. He paid $350 because of me. +100 points.
- we got Slashdotted. Fuck YEAH. +500 points.
- we got this hyperbolic thread, which -- thanks to to this post -- is destined for 15+ pages and countless BTU of fanboy heat energy. +100
- I got a BLOG based on my antics. + 200.

That's 900 out of 1000 possible GAF Troll points. TotY? Oh HELLZ yeah, bitches! Even MAF gotta recognize!

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
People who put validity in Famitsu's reviews are shit? What magazine do you put validity into so I can call you and the magazine shit? The hilarity of your post is what is entertaining the other half of us.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Drinky Crow said:

LOL good old drinky. Drinky, what will you do if this game sells a million copies for each version in Japan?

explodet

Drinky Crow said:
can we all discuss the REAL issue of why the Nintendo DS still OBJECTIVELY sucks?
If you want to try and start that discussion in a thread titled "Drinky Puppy colored dancing bananas thread (40/40 lol)", well, call me a pessimist, but I don't see that getting too far.

Plus, I think that thread's a been there, done that. Just bump the old one.

Nobody's stopping ya from giving it a shot, though.

Teddman

Drinky Crow said:
20030425007100510.jpg

Somebody photoshop a Drinky Crow head on there.

Amir0x

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
People who put validity in Famitsu's reviews are shit? What magazine do you put validity into so I can call you and the magazine shit? The hilarity of your post is what is entertaining the other half of us.

Yes, they're shit. You fucking heard me, I didn't stutter. If you're so stupid that you think Famitsu is at ALL a signpost for worthwhile reviews and decent opinions, you're so far gone that everyone at GAF should sit around the campfire telling stories of your hilarious, monumental stupidity. This is what half this thread is about! If it's fake, overreaction! If it's real, overreaction - because Famitsu reviews mean shit.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Drinky Crow said:

This thread is just getting started counterpwnage in 5..4.. :D

EDIT:crap left the window open too long it happened before I posted
Let's tally the score:
- Smiles and Cries is out like $50 x 7. He paid $350 because of me. +100 points.
- we got Slashdotted. Fuck YEAH. +500 points.
- we got this hyperbolic thread, which -- thanks to to this post -- is destined for 15+ pages and countless BTU of fanboy heat energy. +100
- I got a BLOG based on my antics. + 200.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Amir0x said:
Yes, they're shit. You fucking heard me, I didn't stutter. If you're so stupid that you think Famitsu is at ALL a signpost for worthwhile reviews and decent opinions, you're so far gone that everyone at GAF should sit around the campfire telling stories of your hilarious, monumental stupidity.

Lol have a placebo you fake internet hardcore wannabe. You gettin hard on the internet man your pathetic. I don't think Famitsu is a damn thing but your reaction is priceless. Can I pay you to entertain kids at parties?

Drinky, what will you do if this game sells a million copies for each version in Japan?

I'm gonna buy me a copy of Nintendogs to celebrate! You pick the flavor, although I'm leaning towards the sadly-underappreciated Chihuahua SKU. I'd go to Disneyland, but Kingdom Hearts fuckin' sucks.

Triumph

Banned
fennec fox said:
You know, I think I understand where all the hate comes from -- because I've been on the receiving end of the hate for another well-known game. Not Whiplash (though I'm still very droopy and despondent about that), but Kingdom Hearts.

Man, people love tearing this game to bits. They talk about the camera and the tiny environments and the enemy repetition and Nomura's character designs going berserk, and they're right, but in my opinion that ignores the fact that the overall KH package is epic and enthralling. People couldn't see the forest for the trees, in other words, and the haters (including, famously, Shinji Mikami) chalked up the humungous sales figures on tiny Disney-loving tots and teenage Japanese girls who like cute things.

As for Nintendogs, I see something of the same thing happening. I think it is a ripoff of any number of other Tamagotchi ripoffs except with unconvincing 3D models, and I think Japanese people buy it because it looks cute and has a smart ad campaign behind it, not because Famitsu gave it 40 or Nintendo is a video-game genius or anything. I think it will be the same case with whatever American consumers become interested in the game. However, other people proclaim this to be the savior of the Nintendo Dead System and a new breakthrough in interactive entertainment, and I don't want to call them stupid as many of them agree with me on other topics, such as Whiplash.

So what you have are two games that have an out-there concept with flaws, but a large fanbase willing to forgive those flaws. I forgave them with KH, but I cannot let Nintendogs deceive me.

edit: Oh yeah, when this thread hits the archive, will Drinky delete all the "Dude, I'm posting for posterity, this thread rules" replies?

Perfectly said.

In the end, review scores aren't gonna matter, hell even if this thing sells well in the US it's not gonna matter. It doesn't change the fact that the "game" is a furry weaksauce tamogotchi with CUTE PUPPIES. Oh, also MADE BY NINTENDO.

Plenty of people liked the Sims, too. Plenty of people are stupid. Pat yourselves on the backs and congratulate each other over Famitsu going batshit and unconfirmed sales numbers like it means something. You people think you've won a victory? YOU have won NOTHING. NINTENDO has won by duping you poor bastards into buying something that will slowly erode your soul as you play it. Trust me on this.

So yeah. Keep up the huzza-ing and the backslapping and the one small victory you Nintendo fans will have this year. In the end, I'm not the one that will wake up with bad taste and A GODDAMN PUPPY SIMULATOR FETISH in the morning.

BUY A PSP.

Amir0x

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
Lol have a placebo you fake internet hardcore wannabe. You gettin hard on the internet man your pathetic. I don't think Famitsu is a damn thing but your reaction is priceless. Can I pay you to entertain kids at parties?

Are you fucking stupid man? The reason I said I didn't STUTTER was because in your post you repeated one of my sentences and added a question mark at the end. To wit: I didn't stutter, so why are you repeating what I said back to me?

My reaction is a simple one: This thread is overreaction, made all the funnier because Famitsu's reviews DO mean shit.

I personally could not care less for Nintendogs. I'm not going to buy it, so it doesn't affect me. Nintendo's success DOES affect me, so I'm not disappointed by these events. I wish it was another game that was going to be this successful (LIKE PIKMIN 2, DAMN YOU!), perhaps, but it's fine by me at the end.

Except Pokemon. And Animal Crossing. Those are not fine by me!

WordofGod

Banned
Amir0x said:
no. i just have some pretty strong opinions about certain games, and it pisses me off to no end when my favorite developer makes them :p

Why are you so pissed @ Nintendo? Who cares what Nintendo wants to make. They certainly know how to make better games than you or I ever could.

Raoul Duke said:
Perfectly said.

In the end, review scores aren't gonna matter, hell even if this thing sells well in the US it's not gonna matter. It doesn't change the fact that the "game" is a furry weaksauce tamogotchi with CUTE PUPPIES. Oh, also MADE BY NINTENDO.

Plenty of people liked the Sims, too. Plenty of people are stupid. Pat yourselves on the backs and congratulate each other over Famitsu going batshit and unconfirmed sales numbers like it means something. You people think you've won a victory? YOU have won NOTHING. NINTENDO has won by duping you poor bastards into buying something that will slowly erode your soul as you play it. Trust me on this.

So yeah. Keep up the huzza-ing and the backslapping and the one small victory you Nintendo fans will have this year. In the end, I'm not the one that will wake up with bad taste and A GODDAMN PUPPY SIMULATOR FETISH in the morning.

BUY A PSP.

If you change out Nintendo and a few other words, you could apply your same paragraphs to Sony and Microsoft as well. Thus, that's the reason why nobody's opinion is ever taken serious around here. It's hard to make a point when the company youre slamming has as many flaws as the one youre trying to defend.

If Nintendogs sold over 300,000 copies then those 300,000 people cared enough to spend their hard earned cash upon a game. It's not different then the people who shelled out $500 + for a PSP and PS2 ports or extensions of preexisting franchises. No review or gamer's opinion will EVER determine how well a system or game will sell.

It's the power to the people, that includes but is NOT limited to me and you, that determine how successful a game is.

In fact, Id like to add one last comment. I understand that everyone has opinions and differences around this site and the world, but blind hatred to wish a company to fail is pitiful. When it gets to that point, you should just step back and look at yourself.

Sure the fanboys have won something: a sense of healthy validation for being a FANBOY of third-rate handheld gaming hardware and/or possessed of an irrational contempt for the market leader (BUY A PS2) in the same hobbyist entertainment industry that brought us the cultural memes of Tomb Raider and now... TAH-DAH ... low-poly virtual puppy "simulations".

Tell me you aren't rich with envy. I know I am, and I'm gettin' my ass on this bandwagon before it rumbles right out of Loserville leaving me stranded with no-one to troll!

I still think it's hard to qualify the notion that the DS objectively sucks.

In a technological sense Drinky, I think you've been quite fair. You know your shit. I read what you were saying in another thread about consoles long gone, and how you thought the DS could of / should have had DC graphics. All well and good. I think everyone would have loved that. No doubt, the good ship DS would have many more swabbing the decks if that had of been the case. And yes, I think compared to PSP (relatively speaking), the DS sucks... in terms of pure technological wonder pound for pound. I think the screens are more than passable though for the machine's price, and the touch screen / internal mic are excellent standards. I know my touch screen rules anyway :D

Further, I do not think the DS can objectively suck at being a videogame player. Hardware can be irrelevant when games are in the hands of the right software houses. DS has all the right stuff to compensate for its shortcomings and offer videogaming entertainment not possible on other consoles. It's not revolutionary new technology. It's not going to usher in a new epoch of digital crack induced extasy. But I think it's a very good, very brave stab at taking existing technology and trying to create something new with it. I'm fully willing to accept it was a rushed knee jerk reaction to PSP. I'm fully willing to accept that people think the line up has sucked thus far.

But THIS! This is the sound of inevitability. Nintendogs = good, above passable almost certainly. And obviously it'll have it's target market, and maybe you're not in it. Then we've got Pokemon, 2D Mario, whatever the online plan brings, FFIII, Mana, VJ Scratch, Katamari, Mario Kart, Metroid, Castlevania, Winning Eleven... the future is not bad IMO. Have you still got your DS? I'm holding out hope something can make you take to it a little more :p

Amir0x

Banned
WordofGod said:
Why are you so pissed @ Nintendo? Who cares what Nintendo wants to make. They certainly know how to make better games than you or I ever could.

I'm not pissed at Nintendo. I wasn't even talkin' about Nintendogs. I was referring to my arch nemesis in the videogame world, Animal Crossing! And that game always pisses me since it comes from Nintendo, and I feel it's a horrible, horrible scar on their otherwise fantastic game libraries ;)

But that's just me! Obviously, I'm in a huge minority!

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Amir0x said:
Are you fucking stupid man? The reason I said I didn't STUTTER was because in your post you repeated one of my sentences and added a question mark at the end. To wit: I didn't stutter, so why are you repeating what I said back to me?

My reaction is a simple one: This thread is overreaction, made all the funnier because Famitsu's reviews DO mean shit.

I can personally care less for Nintendogs. I'm not going to buy it, so it doesn't affect me. Nintendo's success DOES affect me, so I'm not disappointed by these events. I wish it was another game that was going to be this successful, perhaps, but it's fine by me at the end.

Except Pokemon. And Animal Crossing. Those are not fine by me!

Don't go out like a Bitch you can do better than that. Using intimidation over a keyboard and monitor is an art form take it to the next level and I MAY pay for you to play with monkeys at the Zoo.

My reaction is even simpler. YOUR overeaction is a hilarity in itself and the irony is deafening. The only thing that would make this more perfect is if you get even angrier and use even more obscene and pointless profanity to get your "point" across. I hope you aren't even typing but using voice-rec technology screaming so the can pop a vein. lol

Amir0x

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
Don't go out like a Bitch you can do better than that. Using intimidation over a keyboard and monitor is an art form take it to the next level and I MAY pay for you to play with monkeys at the Zoo.

My reaction is even simpler. YOUR overeaction is a hilarity in itself and the irony is deafening. The only thing that would make this more perfect is if you get even angrier and use even more obscene and pointless profanity to get your "point" across. I hope you aren't even typing by using voice-rec technology screaming so the can pop a vein. lol

I didn't think you could possibly get any slower.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
jesus christ you guys are pathetic. Can we keep these threads from turning into mindless bashfests, please? :lol

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Amir0x said:
I didn't think you could possibly get any slower.

Where is the intensity? Don't dissapoint me man you can do this man you can own me.

Don't worry, your on the bottom of the list of intelligence at most any other thought provoking forum. What happened to callin me shit and all that other good stuff? Don't make me have to say I love Famitsu.

_Angelus_

Banned
Raoul Duke said:
Perfectly said.

BUY A PSP.

LOL Man oh man,youre just as controversial as you are on the MLB discussion board.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
GaimeGuy said:
jesus christ you guys are pathetic. Can we keep these threads from turning into mindless bashfests, please? :lol

I should of taken it to PM's but I hate self-righteous idiots who condem mass quantities of people because they're too stupid to accept an opinion. I would rather he waste his time bashing me thinking I give a damn than calling everyone who likes something "Shit".

Amir0x

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
Don't worry, your on the bottom of the list of intelligence at most any other thought provoking forum.

Seriously now, humour me. Was this in English?

But grammar lessons aside, I find it funny that I've said like five things in this thread about Nintendogs - all actually mockin' other peoples posts and/or Famitsu - and suddenly I'm being reactionary! This thread is hilarious! I have to post shit and make fun of people here. It's GAF history. I'm reacting to the hilarity. And yes, a little bit of my cynicism toward Famitsu shows! Because they are shit!

But hey, if anything, this thread was made even more worthwhile because of your commentary! It's like reading a great novel, you can turn the page and you'll never know what stupid shit will come next!

Shaheed79 said:
I should of taken it to PM's but I hate self-righteous idiots who condem mass quantities of people because they're too stupid to accept an opinion. I would rather he waste his time bashing me thinking I give a damn than calling everyone who likes something "Shit".

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. That's your problem? Oh man, dude. Get off that cross, we need the wood for the fire!

Perhaps it's time to sticky the thread to get this tension over with? Another 30 minutes and it will be the biggest one in Gaming Discussion

radio, let's step aside, me and you, and have an honest conversation.

The rest of you fuck off

Okay, here's the shiz. I don't think the DS was rushed to market to compete with the PSP as a GAMING handheld. The more I look at the thing and fiddle with it, it's obvious that Nintendo honestly, even fervently, felt that they were creating a third pillar that would target non-core gamers of the sort that might while the hours away on MSN Zone or just doof around with a snowglobe. (well, that, a find a use for the Nitro hardware in light of forthcoming competition, but, really, I think this is the direction they've always WANTED to go.) Deep inside my little nugget of a brain I quite seriously acknowledge that the DS *was ultimately not designed for me*, and that the fanboys as well as the third-parties really don't get the system either, thanks to Nintendo's confused marketing and the Reggietardation that accompanied it. For what it does -- facilitates cheap, non-traditional gaming experiences, The DS is actually all right. Really, it isn't for me -- or for most of you, either, although you'll buy any line Nintendo sells you in order to display your team colors on GAF.

I own a DS because the third-parties still think it has a life as a core gaming console. I also think Nintendo's success with Nintendogs and other first-party offerings are going to quickly disabuse them of that notion, especially when they see the core gaming audiences shift to the PSP. Nintendo doesn't like to compete; they like to gerrymander demographics such that they can anticipate a clear audience for their first-party content. With the DS, they may have succeeded.

We'll see, though.

Alright, the rest of you fuckwits can come back.

SantaC

I think it's funny that most DS haters actually owns a DS. :lol

They don't like the DS, but still they caved in and bought one.

Amir0x

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
I think it's funny that most DS haters actually owns a DS. :lol

They don't like the DS, but still caved in and bought one.

To be fair, I think Drinky got his in some alternate fashion.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Drinky Crow sez: *backhand* shut up.

You turn this into a personal attack, and I'll send you packing. I want it nice and clean for the ol' archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom