• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drinky Puppy colored dancing bananas thread(40/40 lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firest0rm

turok4n64 said:
Nintendogs + Pokemon + Naurto + Jump Stars + Super Mario Bros. 4 + Dawn of Sorrow + Wario Ware + Super Mario 64 DS + a shit load of other Nintendo, Square, Konami, Namco, Capcom games = domination.

The fight is over.

It was a fool's hope it begin with ;)

turok4n64 said:
Nintendogs + Pokemon + Naurto + Jump Stars + Super Mario Bros. 4 + Dawn of Sorrow + Wario Ware + Super Mario 64 DS + a shit load of other Nintendo, Square, Konami, Namco, Capcom games = domination.

The fight is over.

Lets not jump the gun, lol.

We don't even know if those sales numbers are real.

Akia

turok4n64 said:

The fight is over.

Nintendo forever!

Amen to that!

EDIT: HELLS YES 10 PAGES

king zell

junkwaffle said:
4qkleg

exactly what this thread needed :lol

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
What does a Nintendo game selling well on a Nintendo system have to do with the PSP? Of course they'll sell well... to Nintendo's traditional audience.

Do you still go to IGN? If so how can you stand it!?

Yeah, there's a lot of negativity hovering around their boards these days, but it's still interesting to me. Maybe that's just because I have like 13K posts there. :D

Either way, most of the news breaks first here, so I am a frequent reader, not-so-frequent poster.

Of course I love GAF anyway, especially for reasons such as this thread. :lol

~os

This is truly a historic thread. I've never seen so many haters own3d like in this thread.
Could you imagine if the numbers are indeed real and if this game becomes a million seller in a matter of weeks. :lol :lol :lol

I'm no Nintendo fanboy but even i will admit, Nintendo has landed a devistating blow on the Psp and its followers. All thats missing now is the what nintendo has in stored for us at E3.

Just imagine if the revolution is a hit and Nintendo wins the show. :lol :lol :lol
Drinky am suicide!!!

belgurdo

Banned
fennec fox said:
What does a Nintendo game selling well on a Nintendo system have to do with the PSP? Of course they'll sell well... to Nintendo's traditional audience.

This has been my thought since all of this hoopla started. N-fans want some fucking games after six months of nothing or gimmicks, and they'll buy anything as long as it looks and plays at least fairly interesting (even if the majority of ANOYNMOUS NERD RAGE-ing forum goers has disdain for the title)

belgurdo said:
This has been my thought since all of this hoopla started. N-fans want some fucking games after six months of nothing or gimmicks, and they'll buy anything as long as it looks and plays at least fairly interesting

320k (if true, and that's still unconfirmed) in five days would be huge sales numbers for a game like this.

Even Kirby on the DS is chugging gas at 150k, so that would seem to indicate this is selling to a much broader audience, possibly new people buying the new colored DS systems.

It would also set it on a pace to be the first original franchise million seller in Japan in almost five years, which is huge.

fennec fox

soundwave05 said:
It would also set it on a pace to be the first original franchise million seller in Japan in almost five years, which is huge.
There's no way any single edition of Nintendogs will break a million! Hah! We PSP lovers always win, even on a technicality!

FnordChan

Does anyone know how the Nyan to Wonderful series scored in Famitsu? There were two PlayStation versions (Nyan to Wonderful and Motto! Nyan to Wonderful 2) as well as Itsudemo! Nyan to Wonderful for the GameBoy. I played the original back in 1997 and remember it being fairly crap, but from what I remember the structure was very similar to Nintendogs - you have a cute dog, you name it, you take it out in the back yard and play with it. There may have also been breeding elements, but I forget. So, yeah, lemme know if Famitsu busted out the 4 to the 0 on any of these winners.

Meanwhile, I'm cranking up "Blaze of Glory" in honor of JackFrost, a martyr to the cause of rationality and mocking Famitsu.

FnordChan

Nintendo can put out some weak software on handhelds - I think Mario Pinball is widely perceived as such for example, or Pokemon Dash. These things aren't always guarunteed success, and I think before seeing extensive footage (which I have only seen thanks to this thread) -- people were expecting that this game might be a load of crap, and Drinky might have had a point.

IF the sales are right, and I'm not gonna join in the fanfare just in case they're not -- then a game doesn't go from 80k to 300 just because Nfans haven't had anything to play for a while. Not to mention that's not actually the case in Japan where they've had Pac Pix, Meteos and other titles long before us.

I don't think this relates to PSP in any way except that PSP has yet to have a game with such early popularity to my knowledge, and although it spreads more titles into the top 50, the handheld games in the top of the charts tend to be on Nintendo's machine. That will SURELY change of course. It's only a matter of time before Sony pull something awesome out of the bag for PSP IMO. I'm not gonna tell anyone not to get carried away though - it's clearly all in good fun. Specifically, riling people up. Lovely :D

heidern

fennec fox said:
There's no way any single edition of Nintendogs will break a million! Hah! We PSP lovers always win, even on a technicality!

Famous last words?

What if they sell 3M between them? Then at least one of them would break a million! In fact, if it actually does reach Pokemon level and sells 10M for the 3 versions, then that would be 3M each! That would truly be a sight to behold. :D

But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. There's no point cheerleading too much since these aren't confirmed at all. In fact, I'd say the damage control teams should ease up for the same reason :p

fennec fox

FnordChan said:
Does anyone know how the Nyan to Wonderful series scored in Famitsu? There were two PlayStation versions (Nyan to Wonderful and Motto! Nyan to Wonderful 2) as well as Itsudemo! Nyan to Wonderful for the GameBoy. I played the original back in 1997 and remember it being fairly crap, but from what I remember the structure was very similar to Nintendogs - you have a cute dog, you name it, you take it out in the back yard and play with it. There may have also been breeding elements, but I forget. So, yeah, lemme know if Famitsu busted out the 4 to the 0 on any of these winners.
Actually, yeah, there are about five billion animal-raising games on the GBC and GBA in Japan. There's even a ferret one for the GBC put out by my favorite publisher, Culture Brain.

Nintendogs is different mainly because it's cuter and a lot more intuitive and well-designed.
Also, it's released by Nintendo.

FnordChan

fennec fox said:
Actually, yeah, there are about five billion animal-raising games on the GBC and GBA in Japan. There's even a ferret one for the GBC put out by my favorite publisher, Culture Brain.

If the ferret one doesn't have an option to have your pet sticking it's head out of the zipper in your pants, it's not true to life.

Nintendogs is different mainly because it's cuter and a lot more intuitive and well-designed.

Wait for it...

Also, it's released by Nintendo.

Yeah, that's about right.
So, Nintendo = +2 Famitsu Score Points?

FnordChan

AniHawk

Kseutron said:
we NEED to know more about this SOON

I think it's hghly unlikely. They weren't the top games during the weekend, plus the 25th is a Monday and thus not included (think the week ends on Sunday). I'm sticking to the 110k-130k prediction.

heidern

AniHawk said:
I think it's hghly unlikely. They weren't the top games during the weekend, plus the 25th is a Monday and thus not included (think the week ends on Sunday). I'm sticking to the 110k-130k prediction.

Maybe. the thing is, there's 3 versions so you'd expect them to fall off quickly if overall sales were to drop, but they've been hanging about at the top. To achieve 240K over 4 days, that would mean each version would have to average 20K per day. Is that possible for games in the top 3?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
belgurdo said:
This has been my thought since all of this hoopla started. N-fans want some fucking games after six months of nothing or gimmicks, and they'll buy anything as long as it looks and plays at least fairly interesting (even if the majority of ANOYNMOUS NERD RAGE-ing forum goers has disdain for the title)
Uh, Japan, unlike the US, has Harvest Moon, Another Code, Band Bros, Pac Pix and Polarium until right about now, Meteos, Egg Monster Heroes, and Kirby to choose from.

Don't confuse the US's DS lineup with Japan's. They have much more to choose from at the moment in Japan than in the US. Saying dogs is selling because of a draught, especially in Japan, is bullshit, particularily when there's pretty much always more DS games than PSP games in the top 20 daily sales.

There's no draught in Japan. :lol

Kon Tiki

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
Uh, Japan, unlike the US, has Harvest Moon, Another Code, Band Bros, Pac Pix and Polarium until right about now, Meteos, Egg Monster Heroes, and Kirby to choose from.

Don't confuse the US's DS lineup with Japan's. They have much more to choose from at the moment in Japan than in the US. Saying dogs is selling because of a draught, especially in Japan, is bullshit, particularily when there's pretty much always more DS games than PSP games in the top 20 daily sales.

There's no draught in Japan. :lol
BUT IT DOES NOT FIT MY AGENDA!

turok4n64 said:

The fight is over.

The handheld war is over.

j/k

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
If those numbers are even close to real I know definitely one person who needs to eat, sleep and shower in a house full of Drinky Puppy Crow. That guy kept riding everyone who even remotely suggested Nintendogz had a chance in being a hug franchise on DS.

Even if the first set of games don't break 500k on DS I think most people fail to see what Nintendo is doing here. Nintendogz is shallow because it is an introduction to the series. As more and more installements are created the gameplay will become optionally more diverse with more dogz and more accomplishment with each iteration until eventually the series becomes a clear million seller upon each release. Nintendo will milk this series just like Pokemon and there is MUCH more room for improvement comparably to the first Pokemon titles so even if the first game sales half a million, 2 years from now the series will be fugging huge to say the least.

Mark my words we will see at least 3 sequels to this game in 2 years time maybe more and each one will be more popular than the last. This series is almost garunteed to make Nintendo tons of money and if that makes people want to kill themselves it makes it all the more fun to watch.

scola said:
when I said bannigns I didn't mean JackFrost, I was hoping for some one like thonkydong.

Still this thread is completely :lol

whats your problem you retard?

ANYWAY

DS has hit 200,000 in the UK
After the 87.000 specimens of its Nintendo DS sold in two days in the United Kingdom at the time of the launching of the machine, Nintendo announces today to have run out 200.000 units of its new portable console in six weeks in the country.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
ChronoMagnus said:
This is truly a historic thread. I've never seen so many haters own3d like in this thread.
Could you imagine if the numbers are indeed real and if this game becomes a million seller in a matter of weeks. :lol :lol :lol

I'm no Nintendo fanboy but even i will admit, Nintendo has landed a devistating blow on the Psp and its followers. All thats missing now is the what nintendo has in stored for us at E3.

Just imagine if the revolution is a hit and Nintendo wins the show. :lol :lol :lol
Drinky am suicide!!!

What Nintendo has in store for the DS at E3?

Not a whole lot first-party-wise... at least not from this list that I'm looking at. Third party, I don't know.

Nintendogs getting a perfect score in Famitsu -- big fuckin' deal, huh?

McPhineas

The thing is, I think most people had a pretty good idea this game was gonna sell well, at least in Japan. There are plenty of consumers who want nothing more than a cute little distraction for a few minutes at a time, one that involves absolutely zero skill but manages to be fun. Nintendogs is Nintendo filling that niche.

None of this has anything to do with why the hell it got a perfect score. Even though it doesn't seem like there could be any rational justification for calling this title gaming perfection, I'd still like to read what the four blurbs said. Somebody ought to hurry up and translate them.

Oh, and just to be clear:

It will be quite some time before it's clear just who's going to win the handheld war, what with Sony having pulled out none of their big guns yet and still selling their system at such a high price point.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
chespace said:
What Nintendo has in store for the DS at E3?

Not a whole lot first-party-wise... at least not from this list that I'm looking at. Third party, I don't know.

Nintendogs getting a perfect score in Famitsu -- big fuckin' deal, huh?
It is a big deal. It's only the 6th game in history to receive perfect scores from famitsu.

Talas said:
I didn't cared for Nintendogs but since this thread is so awesome, maybe I'll check it out.
I feel the same way. I'll recommend it to my girlfriend. Anything this controversial among such a distinguished group of nerds deserves my attention.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
ThongyDonk said:
does that list have EVERYTHING on there?

like they're gonna say now and risk having some idiot leak it

oh, you mean folder/spong and his finnish print mag l337 c0nnekshonz?

yeah, the european press. never could keep their fuckin' mouths shut.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Yeah but if the combined sales and score are real then that is a nasty one-two to all the haters who don't know when to let well enough alone. I personally have zero interest in the damn game but I hate when people pretend they are the all mighty authority on everything that is good and attention worthy in a game. People so stuck on themselves that they can't except someone elses opinion because they feel "superior" in reasoning "Opinions" need to consider the purchase of a 9mm to end their pain when something like this happens. I hate the blind Nintendo fanboys but I hate the narcissistic Nboy bashers infinitely more. At least the Nintendo fanboys seem to genuinely have fun playing the games that give them pleasure but the haters get their pleasure by commiting many hours a day to supressing the happiness of the N-bot. Those posters need to get a life more than any patheticly optimistic N-bot.

On this, the five hundredth post in a thread that thus far has been a superlatively executed pinata of retarded, I would just like to say that Famitsu has completely lost its shit. But then again, it's not like this is something new, so I applaud Famitsu for throwing its last shred of sanity out the window apparently PURELY for the purpose of setting off a GAF shitstorm.

i am sad my friend got banned :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom