• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drinky Puppy colored dancing bananas thread(40/40 lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
The funniest possible Drinky Puppy result. :lol Hilarity is ensuing.

Well, better pick me up some Drinky Puppy I guess. 40/40 has to be at least a decent game, even if Famitsu is off their rocker.

sasimirobot

Some Quotes from my "Nintendogs Sales betting thread":

gameboya
I'm saying 2 million in 1 years time, ban me if it does'nt make those sales, and I'm talking JAPAN only.

(that took some balls but he should be fine...)
-------------------------------------------------------------
CrisKre

My bet is slightly over a million across all three versions.

250+ K on release.

(dead on so far)
------------------------------------------------------------
puck1337

200k in Japan by end of year, max. Not a troll.

(maybe not trolling but Waaaaaaaaaay off)
Sho Nuff

I bet that Nintendogs sales will make some people very, very disappointed.

(Who, Drinky, or PSP fanboys?)
TheQueen'sOwn

Originally Posted by Sho Nuff:
I bet that Nintendogs sales will make some people very, very disappointed.

Indeed. I just don't see the appeal... meh -.-

(300K customers do)

AirBrian

Culex said:
Holy shit, what an awesome thread to wake up to. Damage control, denial, bannings, shifty eyes and big happy puppy dog eyes all rolled into one nice package! :lol

Also, if those sales numbers are true.....WOW!
:lol :lol I agree. I get back to my desk to find out it was fake, then not, ownage follows, name calling, etc. I love it!

puck1337

I just couldn't see it doing that well with such a small installed base.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF GAMING-AGE, I AM GUILTY OF BEING WRONG ON A MESSAGEBOARD!

Mjunter

Just adding myself to this very entertaining thread. No matter what confirmations may come out in the next few days, this thread is golden.

sasimirobot

puck1337 said:
I just couldn't see it doing that well with such a small installed base.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF GAMING-AGE, I AM GUILTY OF BEING WRONG ON A MESSAGEBOARD!

Im not picking on you, I just didnt have that many responses so I had to post what little predictions there were...

Anyways, if those numbers are legit ... those are monsterous numbers considering this is an entirely new franchise on a early-sized userbase in Japan (which hasn't been taking to new franchises if you hadn't noticed).

Hollywood

Banned
Release a Pokemon follow up, combined with new Nintendog colors ... Right uppercut followed by a left hook. DOWN GOES PSP. :lol

Out of curiousity what was the last entirely original game franchise in Japan to break a million copies?

Not saying Nintendogs will do it, but I am wondering .... was it Onimusha five years ago?

demi

every now and again sometimes i get lost on the wind of a dream
the air gets cleaner the seas get wide
and i can do anything
the pain it wont even cross my mind its wanting and everything
the rope get loose, the chains unbind
and i can do anything

somewhere between the darkness and the light
my spirit takes to flight
the cannons fill the sky

and i am free.

heidern

Fucking hell, this is just amazing. It's like Japan has done this purposefully for creating anarchy on GAF!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

40/40 in Famitsu? WTF! And then, it's seemingly sold over 300K in just 5 days? There's been a lot of funny moments on messageboards over the years, even a few that have had me laughing out loud. But when I saw those sales I really couldn't stop myself and started spluttering and coughing with glee. For a new franchise, on a new system, with the kind of legs Nintendo games usually grow those sales would put this approaching Pokemon levels. It's just too unbeleivably perfect(like the score heh).

This thread has had it all, Perfect scores, Famitsu derision, trolling, fake/real scan scandals, ownage, a move to off-topic and ridiculous sales figures. I'm just surprised that it's only JackFrost that went bat... sorry dogshit insane. Fucking awesome!

The 320k+ in five days ... I'm gonna need more confirmation on that.

Usually games sell far and away their most on day 1 of release, but if Nintendogs sold 80k on its first day, that means its sales had very little drop off for the next few days, which is almost unheard of.

If true, it means the word of mouth for this game must be very, very strong and it bodes well for 2nd week and long term sales.

lexi

Banned
This thread should be dedicated to the original members of the Drinky Puppy Club. Stand proud, soldiers. :lol

demi

lockii said:
This thread should be dedicated to the original members of the Drinky Puppy Club. Stand proud, soldiers. :lol

dpc4ax.jpg

heidern

:lol at images above.

soundwave05 said:
Out of curiousity what was the last entirely original game franchise in Japan to break a million copies?

Not saying Nintendogs will do it, but I am wondering .... was it Onimusha five years ago?

Well here's the top franchises in Japan currently and roughly what they can achieve:

1. Pokemon 5M
2. Dragon Quest 3.5 - 4M
3. Final Fantasy 2.5M
4. Gran Turismo 1 - 1.5M
5. Hot Shot Golf 1 - 1.5M
6. Super Smash Bros 1.3M
7. Dynasty Warriors 1 - 1.2M
8. Winning Eleven 1 - 1.2M
9. Onimusha 1M(down to 600K now though)

So yeah, I think you're right, it was Onimusha. That's not really a sign of a thriving market. So yeah, looks like Nintendogs may end up saving the Japanese gaming industry and Nintendo from what seemed their inexorable doom. What is the hardcore to do? Oh dear.

callous

I just finished watching the movies, and that was the last straw. I am so getting a DS and this game. I can't believe how good it looks. The physics engine, everything!

masud

Banned
Who didn't see this coming? I don't own a DS and I'm not sure I would buy this game if I did, but you would have to be the biggest Nintendo hater ever to not relize that this game would be succesful.

Still skeptical on the sales numbers, but what it would seem to indicate is the people who bought the game on Thursday/Friday showed if off to friends, which fueled higher than expected sales on the weekend.

To pull off 240k+ outside of your first day of sales ... even a lot of big name franchises in Japan have problems doing that their first week.

I'm definitely picking this up now...As I stated in another thread, I'm loving the pick up and play games of the DS, and Nintendogs is adding to that list of innovative, fun, and pressureless experiences.

Just posting to be a part of history here on GAF.

Seriously, this is great news. I was only marginally excited about this game, but such a great score and wonderful impressions have piqued by interest.

~os

Firest0rm

othersteve said:
Just posting to be a part of history here on GAF.

Seriously, this is great news. I was only marginally excited about this game, but such a great score and wonderful impressions have piqued by interest.

~os

Do you still go to IGN? If so how can you stand it!?

demi

Join us.

Join the winning team.

Nintendo has won this round, and will win every round.

Drinky has to set up traps to ban you in the name of Sony, while Nintendo doesn't have to even lift a finger and make a good game to make people go crazy. They're that strong.

And besides, you've got demi on your side. *wink*

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
You know, I think I understand where all the hate comes from -- because I've been on the receiving end of the hate for another well-known game. Not Whiplash (though I'm still very droopy and despondent about that), but Kingdom Hearts.

Man, people love tearing this game to bits. They talk about the camera and the tiny environments and the enemy repetition and Nomura's character designs going berserk, and they're right, but in my opinion that ignores the fact that the overall KH package is epic and enthralling. People couldn't see the forest for the trees, in other words, and the haters (including, famously, Shinji Mikami) chalked up the humungous sales figures on tiny Disney-loving tots and teenage Japanese girls who like cute things.

As for Nintendogs, I see something of the same thing happening. I think it is a ripoff of any number of other Tamagotchi ripoffs except with unconvincing 3D models, and I think Japanese people buy it because it looks cute and has a smart ad campaign behind it, not because Famitsu gave it 40 or Nintendo is a video-game genius or anything. I think it will be the same case with whatever American consumers become interested in the game. However, other people proclaim this to be the savior of the Nintendo Dead System and a new breakthrough in interactive entertainment, and I don't want to call them stupid as many of them agree with me on other topics, such as Whiplash.

So what you have are two games that have an out-there concept with flaws, but a large fanbase willing to forgive those flaws. I forgave them with KH, but I cannot let Nintendogs deceive me.

edit: Oh yeah, when this thread hits the archive, will Drinky delete all the "Dude, I'm posting for posterity, this thread rules" replies?

みんな大好きNintendogs

--edit--
fennec fox said:
You know, I think I understand where all the hate comes from -- because I've been on the receiving end of the hate for another well-known game. Not Whiplash (though I'm still very droopy and despondent about that), but Kingdom Hearts.
I was one of those who failed to see the fun in Kingdom Hearts... The concept was interesting enough, but it's really hard for me to enjoy an action-RPG with boring environments and repetitive combat :(..

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
THE HELL?

Ha ha and to think I was never really interested in the title to begin with. All it took was an offering of a free game by Naz and a girlfriend's interest and now I'm sucked into this powerplay.

I'm getting fan e-mails, HA HA.

turok4n64

Banned
Nintendogs + Pokemon + Naurto + Jump Stars + Super Mario Bros. 4 + Dawn of Sorrow + Wario Ware + Super Mario 64 DS + a shit load of other Nintendo, Square, Konami, Namco, Capcom games = domination.

The fight is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom