• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drinky Puppy colored dancing bananas thread(40/40 lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidviper

Banned
I think this is a case of cultural bias. Apparently Japanese couples would rather have pets than kids, which is slowing down the population of Japan.

Much like GTA is revered here, perhaps Nintendogs will not be so well reviewed outside of pet-centric countries like Japan.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Amir0x said:
4 pages of hilarious overreaction and it's probably fake?

But man, if they give it a 2/40 or a 40/40 - Famitsu has always been near worthless. Why do people even post scores from them? Famitsu is good for breaking news and nothing - and I mean absolutely nothing - else. They're about an accurate a gauge for quality as asking a heaping pile of shit for its opinion.

the same reason people post stupid shit from ign?

duckroll

This thread should be retitled "Famitsu's Nintendogs non-score (40 GAFFERS GET OWNED)" :lol

*duckroll hangs his head in shame

Amir0x

Banned
sp0rsk said:
the same reason people post stupid shit from ign?

Exactly! And that "reason" is a stupid one! Because people who put worth in Famitsu are obviously not looking for anything other than bait.

Jonnyram

Before I start with this post I want one thing to be clear. I love JackFrost as a friend, and the things I'm saying here in no way intrude upon my manly love for him :) Also please don't forget it's very easy to misunderstand emotions over the intarweb.

That said, Mr.Frost is actually misrepresenting the game.

Not everything is unlocked from the start. I'm not just talking about the items, or even the dogs themselves. But you cannot enter the dogs athletics competition before you have visited the gym. You can't visit the gym until you've improved your dog's stamina. That is that.

The game has competition, scores, community, goals... all of the standard game stuff:

As a dog trainer, you have a score and a rank. Your score improves as you get better at handling dogs (mine is about 800 at the moment, I think). Your dogs also have a score in the dog contests, but that's a separate beast and not the main score in the game.

The game has competition and community in similar volumes. Look at the Drinky Puppy Club. We have a growing community of real people playing and chatting about the game, and by god we will compete against each other with our dogs. There are already traces of this showing and only 4 of us are blogging at the moment.

Goals. If you pick up this game, and you play it for a bit, but don't feel the desire to be a good trainer (in game), I question your gaming heart. This game propels your desire to succeed with the cutest dogs you can imagine. Just when you think you're mastering one, you get enough money to buy a second, and you meet a whole new perspective. Jack said these dogs are all the same - that's NOT true. They all have unique characters and characteristics. You'll see!

Comparisons to Dogz are valid, so I will add my 2 cents to that. The dogs in Nintendogs are some of the cutest in-game dogs you will ever see. They are modelled on real dogs and have realistic motion capture. They interact with you and respond to both voice and touch. I don't know if recent versions of Dogz feature voice control, but the first release (which I played) did not. The dogs in Nintendogs are also three-dimensional. They roll around; they shove their butt in your face. They want to be loved.

I AM hyping the game, I will admit that, but I am loving it to bits and I just wanted to clear up a couple of misconceptions that JackFrost seems to be passing on to people.

Amir0x

Banned
AB 101 said:
Wow, now at 5 pages.

I can only imagine the meltdown after the Nintendo press conference at E3. :D

What, they're going to announce Kittendo, Mousendo and Birdendo and at that same press conference Famitsu is going to announce they've pre-emptively given all those games a 42/40?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
fake, huh? no matter -- lets turn this thread into a discussion of famitsu's real 40/40 travesty: wind waker! i mean, call me a reactionary, but i think a game being fucking unbelievably boring qualifies as a flaw. i mean, doesn't the sheer, soul-crushing tedium of the thing merit a slight deduction? maybe i just can't get over my narrow belief that games should be fun.

drohne said:
fake, huh? no matter -- lets turn this thread into a discussion of famitsu's real 40/40 travesty: wind waker! i mean, call me a reactionary, but i think a game being fucking unbelievably boring qualifies as a flaw. i mean, doesn't the sheer, soul-crushing tedium of the thing merit a slight deduction? maybe i just can't get over my narrow belief that games should be fun.

Maybe you just hate sailing?

Amir0x

Banned
drohne said:

wait, what? Wind Waker was fucking awesome. It had a few flaws, true, and I didn't like sailing after about an hour. But Wind Waker was awesome.

SantaC

Gold Member
drohne said:

as a Zelda fan I can agree that Wind Waker didn't deserve 40/40, but it certainly should be in the high 30s.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
even if it's fake, some of the reactions in here made my puppy sad.

It's okay, he'll forgive you, it's not his fault he's so EXCELLENT. :)

Let's face it, this game will sell to ANYONE who see's it.
Personally, like it or not, it's a system mover - even if the score turns out to be fake.

May 6th edition of Famitsu?
wouldn't it like... be in the April 28th editon?
Folder, who gave you the info or was it someone in the thread?
thing is - the dates look correct as we usually get an extended golden week edition (i mean the May 2nd to May 15th)

amrum

icon_ouftiret.gif
Banane08.gif
Banane09.gif
GS_6565619097bf726a50e637714987d35f.png
Banane48.gif
Banane29.gif
macaoufti.gif

Think of the money they'd make with Mario Pets. Raise your own Koopas, Shy Guys, Pirahna Plants, Birdos, etc.

Most of the Famitsu 40 point scores went to games that didn't deserve the, um, honor. Soul Calibur and Wind Waker are especially dodgy picks, though I like both games.

Amir0x

Banned
Catchpenny said:
Think of the money they'd make with Mario Pets. Raise your own Koopas, Shy Guys, Pirahna Plants, Birdos, etc.

Most of the Famitsu 40 point scores went to games that didn't deserve the, um, honor. Soul Calibur and Wind Waker are especially dodgy picks, though I like both games.

Man, Mario Pets! That'd probably be really neat, actually!

But it would need to have added a lot. Death by old age, Breeding, A passable geneology, tons of challenges that take actual skill rather than monotonous repeating of commands so that your pet understands you. And i think it would be rather awesome if the items you obtain actually did benefit you in some way other than making you excessively cute. Like if a Koopa got a tap hat, it'd totally get +2 Defense for the Koopa Battle Arena!

Bebpo

Banned
DCharlie said:
Let's face it, this game will sell to ANYONE who see's it.

I dunno. I have a DS and buy 80% of the DS software releases but I wouldn't even buy the game if it was 1000yen.

Then again I hate dogs.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Some people on this exhilirating ride called to the world wide web need to get over their huge bloated internet ego's. Your an internet personality nothing more nothing less. Nobody here is the final authority on anything even partially opinionated semantics because if you were you wouldn't waste your time on a damn gaming forum who's running MO is "* Blank* Am Cry!". I really like this place but it would be a lot better if most people realize that GAF is 10% news 90% entertainment.

The folks who swore they were the law on exactly what the official boundaries of a game were are especially bloated. A game can simply be defined with the minimal amount of barriers and conditions as to not limit or confine the medium of potential expansion or innovation. 2 words.....Play........and Entertainment. If you play something for entertainment then the action itself is the game. I play with my dog for entertainment therefore I am participating upon a game with my dog being the medium. It's quite simple actually. Playing instruments for entertainment is probably the only exception.

If this title takes off, just imagine all of the other titles following in its footsteps that will surely fill up the DS' software lineup... Were the Dogz & Catz series popular in Japan, too? I still can't believe a title of this nature could get such a score...it'll be interesting to see how the sales stack up to the reviews.

DCharlie

But what if it was kittens?

I'm sure Nyaantendo will come out :)

Bebpo : My dog says you suck! ;) and what is that Drinky? woof woof woof? Yeah, and "40/40 says you are wrong beeatches!" *joke - we all know Famitsu sucks... BUT THEY ARE TEH RIGHT THIS TIME LOOLERS!*

Bebpo

Banned
Amir0x said:
But what if it was kittens?

I hate them too :p

I dunno, I've never wanted a pet in real life so why would I want a virtual one on my DS? I really think the game's audience is limited to people who like animals and enjoy pets.

Amir0x

Banned
Bebpo said:
I hate them too :p

I dunno, I've never wanted a pet in real life so why would I want a virtual one on my DS? I really think the game's audience is limited to people who like animals and enjoy pets.

Well, i would think people who like ANIMALS and PETS is a vast freakin' audience :lol

Haha, to be straight, I'm not interested in Nintendogs either as i'm sure a few ppl can tell you. I've always hated tamagotchi's and I own an actual real pet, so I have no desire to relive such a thing on my handhelds.

DCharlie

"Haha, to be straight, I'm not interested in Nintendogs either as i'm sure a few ppl can tell you. I've always hated tamagotchi's and I own an actual real pet, so I have no desire to relive such a thing on my handhelds."

and , of course, you don't like Nintendo!

come on, we've all noticed. Let it out! You'll feel better! ;)

soundwave05 said:
I hear Nintendwhores is next, four different versions will be made availible -- Blonde, Brunette, Red Head, and Exotic.

Do they ride bikes? I'll bet even the DS hardware could produce better looking breasts than those in BMX XXX.

Catchpenny said:
Do they ride bikes? I'll bet even the DS hardware could produce better looking breasts than those in BMX XXX.

They don't ride bikes per se, but they will do a lot of riding if you train them properly.

Bebpo

Banned
DCharlie said:
and , of course, you don't like Nintendo!

come on, we've all noticed. Let it out! You'll feel better! ;)

You're right, I don't like Nintendo!

...oh wait, the Fire Emblem that's taking up all my time and my current favorite handheld game of Kirby DS are telling me otherwise ^^; Hmm I wonder if I can find a way to hate Nintendo while still loving the heck out of their good games, any suggestions? ;)

ourumov

To the people comparing this to the sims, catz or dogz...I would like to remind that the same happened between DOshin and Black & White just that in a opposite way...
One was considered an awesome game and the other was underrated...

Games can treat similar concepts in a different way...I think nintendogs is an improvement over the old Hey You Pikatchu. Not saying it deserves a 40/40 but well...A 32 would had been enough.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Someone asked about Voice Recognition in Catz /Dogz ... yes they both have voice recognition...it's been in since version 4 I think. That's since October of 1999.

EDIT: This is weird... voice recognition was in 4, but I can't find any mention of it in 5...

OMG there's another game in the series now with voice recognition...Babyz!

Bebpo said:
You're right, I don't like Nintendo!

...oh wait, the Fire Emblem that's taking up all my time and my current favorite handheld game of Kirby DS are telling me otherwise ^^; Hmm I wonder if I can find a way to hate Nintendo while still loving the heck out of their good games, any suggestions? ;)

play and poke a doll of shigsy with needles voodoo style

nubbe

My copy of Nintendogs just shipped from Play-Asia. I can't wait to get my hands on this entertainment revolution.

DCharlie

lol - sorry Bebpo, that wasn't supposed to be aimed at you, i had a CUT AND PASTE MALFUNCTION and got the wrong lines.

It was supposed to be aimed at Amirox :)

Origianal post edited. :)

Jonnyram

DarienA said:
Someone asked about Voice Recognition in Catz /Dogz ... yes they both have voice recognition...it's been in since version 4 I think. That's since October of 1999.

EDIT: This is weird... voice recognition was in 4, but I can't find any mention of it in 5...

OMG there's another game in the series now with voice recognition...Babyz!
Thanks for the info :) As I said, I've not played it since the first version... it probably has better voice recognition than the DS too. It's on the PC, so I'd expect it :)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I can't believe it got a 40/40.

This is too good to be true. :lol

Man, Drinky's probably cutting himself with a knife as we speak or something.

SantaC

Gold Member
actually amir0x is a rare species on this forum. He is an unbiased gamer and is in no particular camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom