• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon Musk and the Twitter acquisition saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
you really can't see anything on TS without making an account? big lol

Just a quick opine, not to derail: until very recently they were unable to ingest new users at any significant rate (they were carrying a new user queue / waiting list of over 200k according to reports from people (like me) who were in the queue, including Fox News's Steve Doocy in an on-air interview with the Truth CEO) by migrating their infrastructure to some cloud service provider name Rumble. So maybe they're waiting to open it up to any additional traffic until user ingestion settles?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Musk would have definitely been contacted for comment before the story broke, so it could be a motivation for his recent tweets and statements - trying to get out ahead of it and all.

I actually saw a different tweet about the story several hours ago but was pondering posting it in this thread.

BeardGawd

Banned
Reported by "a friend" of the victim. Some friend that is. So basically it's hearsay?

Looks like they're fishing for more incidents to slander him with.

Last edited:

Rykan

Okay so let me get this straight:

Elon posts on twitter that he votes Republican because of reasons and then warns of "dirty political tricks" because of this admission.
The very next day there's an accussation against him and we're somehow supposed to believe that it is a political hitpiece put together in a single day because he tweeted he voted Republican?

Lol.

Last edited:

Mistake

Elon posts on twitter that he votes Republican because of reasons and then warns of "dirty political tricks" because of this admission.
The very next day there's an accussation against him and we're somehow supposed to believe that it is a political hitpiece put together in a single day because he tweeted he voted Republican?

Lol.
I kind of agree with you, but also that article is sketchy as hell. No receipts at all, just some “friend” of the victim who wants to remain anonymous.

So the media is doing as it always does with their anonymous sources bullshit

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Lol.
They had since “I’m buying Twitter” to prepare when they stated to lose their shit. Hell, they tried to form a Ministry of Truth in response, that failed.

Rykan

They had since “I’m buying Twitter” to prepare when they stated to lose their shit. Hell, they tried to form a Ministry of Truth in response, that failed.
Who is "They", exactly? He mentions that a "dirty tricks" campaign will start because he said he votes republican and the very next day, a story breaks out.

It's pretty obvious what happened here: He was asked for comment on a story before it was published and he tried to put a political spin on it before it came out so that it can be brushed away as a political hitpiece.

BeardGawd

Banned

Lol.
This is from 2018. Why didn't it come out before now? This isn't hard to figure out.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
"Political attack".... right .... he's not even a politician. Literally no one was even talking politics until he brought it up out of the blue. And who or what political body is "they"? We've all been collectively watching a man invent an alternate reality (story?) for himself these past two or three days in preparation for this story dropping.

He should have hired and trusted a good PR team because he is handling this all terribly. The SpaceX board must all be needing an alka-seltzer right about now.

Rykan

This is from 2018. Why didn't it come out before now? This isn't hard to figure out.
You have absolutely no way of knowing why it didn't come out before. There are loads of reasons why that could be the case, especially considering that the woman was alledgedly paid off to keep quiet.

Again, Are we supposed to believe that this was all orchestrated in a single day as a political hitpiece because Elon said he votes Republican? Why?

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned
This was at the end of the article:
Do you have important information to share about Musk, SpaceX, or his other companies? Contact us at investigations@insider.com
Pretty obvious they are on a fishing expedition now.
"Political attack".... right .... he's not even a politician. Literally no one was even talking politics until he brought it up out of the blue. And who or what political body is "they"? We've all been collectively watching a man invent an alternate reality (story?) for himself these past two or three days in preparation for this story dropping.

He should have hired and trusted a good PR team because he is handling this all terribly. The SpaceX board must all be needing an alka-seltzer right about now.
I'm really confused how you somehow missed the liberal media dogpiling on Musk the past couple months over Feee Speech. 🤔

Rykan

This was at the end of the article:

Pretty obvious they are on a fishing expedition now.
This is completely normal. Obviously they want to hear if any of his other employees or contractors has similar experiences. It seems to me that you're trying a bit too hard to find a political conspiracy in this.

BeardGawd

Banned
This is completely normal. Obviously they want to hear if any of his other employees or contractors has similar experiences. It seems to me that you're trying a bit too hard to find a political conspiracy in this.
Seems to me you're trying too hard to defend the slandering of someone you don't agree with. Go ahead add me to your list.
You have absolutely no way of knowing why it didn't come out before. There are loads of reasons why that could be the case, especially considering that the woman was alledgedly paid off to keep quiet.

Again, Are we supposed to believe that this was all orchestrated in a single day as a political hitpiece because Elon said he votes Republican? Why?
This was not done in a single day. Where are you getting this from?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
From Twitter.... heh

xX5Cgcn.jpg

Man. This is turning into something else, something akin to a daytime TV drama.

As relayed in the article the woman was paid to remain quiet. A friend of hers later leaked the story.

BeardGawd

Banned
From Twitter.... heh

xX5Cgcn.jpg

Man. This is turning into something else, something akin to a daytime TV drama.

As relayed in the article the woman was paid to remain quiet. A friend of hers later leaked the story.
I understand the article. Why is the "friend" just now coming out with this story? Hello is anyone home? She's just now caring years later about victim rights?

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I understand the article. Why is the "friend" just now coming out with this story? Hello is anyone home? She's just now caring years later about victim rights?

As another poster noted above we do not know why the story is leaking now. But we can clearly see Musk knew it was coming and tried to get ahead of it. If you believe Musk's obvious narrative building here that's great, but don't expect the rest of us to play along.

BeardGawd

Banned
As another poster noted above we do not know why the story is leaking now. But we can clearly see Musk knew it was coming and tried to get ahead of it. If you believe Musk's obvious narrative building here that's great, but don't expect the rest of us to play along.
So you're smart enough to see through his narrative building but conveniently can't see why this is coming out now. Gotcha.

Last edited:

Rykan

Seems to me you're trying too hard to defend the slandering of someone you don't agree with. Go ahead add me to your list.
What list?
This was not done in a single day. Where are you getting this from?
Because Musk bashed democrats and said that he voted Republican in a tweet. In that same tweet he said: "Now, watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold". The very next day, this article comes out. Are we supposed to believe that it's all a coincidence or that they came up with this article in response to him saying he votes republican, like he implies?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
So you're smart enough to see through his narrative building but conveniently can't see why this is coming out now. Gotcha.

Well, notice that he is not denying it. And a person obviously doesn't pay someone off $250k if they're innocent. (y)

Edit: Also, the narrative is obvious - I appreciate the "smart" compliment but it doesn't take a genius to see what he did here, heh. This is turning into such a fantastic and fun thing

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned
What list?

Because Musk bashed democrats and said that he voted Republican in a tweet. In that same tweet he said: "Now, watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold". The very next day, this article comes out. Are we supposed to believe that it's all a coincidence or that they came up with this article in response to him saying he votes republican, like he implies?
He's been in liberal crosshairs for months now. He's been on Republican's side for months now. I can't even take this post seriously.
Well, notice that he is not denying it. And a person obviously doesn't pay someone off $250k if they're innocent. (y)

Edit: Also, the narrative is obvious - I appreciate the "smart" compliment but it doesn't take a genius to see what he did here, heh. This is turning into such a fantastic and fun thing
People pay off or settle all the time. Even if not guilty to avoid the publicity. This isn't new. Notice there were no criminal charges.

Rykan

He's been in liberal crosshairs for months now. He's been on Republican's side for months now. I can't even take this post seriously.

People pay off or settle all the time. Even if not guilty to avoid the publicity. This isn't new. Notice there were no criminal charges.
You're just dodging the question now. Why did this so called "Liberal Hitpiece" came out exactly one day after he says that there will be a political smear campaign against him for saying he voted Republican?

Such an idiotic view of things ignoring months of liberal dogpiling yet Musk is the only one trying to create a narrative.
That's not an idiotic view, it's literally the exact order of events of the past day.

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned
You're just dodging the question now. Why did this so called "Liberal Hitpiece" came out exactly one day after he says that there will be a political smear campaign against him for saying he voted Republican?
It's not an important question! I'm not doging anything. The point is the liberal media has been looking for somerhing for months. Of course Musk didn't speak out until he learned of a story coming out. Why wouldn't he get ahead of it? That doesn't change the fact he's been enemy number 1 for months now.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Such an idiotic view of things ignoring months of liberal dogpiling yet Musk is the only one trying to create a narrative.

First, those were the literal order of events. Second, dogpiling criticism upon a person is not creating a narrative. That doesn't make sense.

Rykan

It's not an important question! I'm not doging anything. The point is the liberal media has been looking for somerhing for months. Of course Musk didn't speak out until he learned of a story coming out. Why wouldn't he get ahead of it? That doesn't change the fact he's been enemy number 1 for months now.
You are dodging the question because you refuse to answer it. Musk is asking for an enormous amount of disbelief: He says that he will get politically attacked because he just posted on twitter that he voted for Republicans. So either, By total coincidence, this piece comes out the very next day, or this source somehow managed to orchestrate this story in a single day in response to Musk tweet, which is what he is saying what happened.

It's pretty obvious what really happened: Musk did an oopsie and his scandal leaked out. He was asked for comment before the story went live, so he quickly made that post in an attempt to brush it off as political slander in response to him saying he votes Republican right before the story breaks.

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned
First, those were the literal order of events. Second, dogpiling criticism upon a person is not creating a narrative. That doesn't make sense.
It's a narrative because it's not the full sequence of events. The true order of events is:

Musk tries to buy Twitter.
Musk champions free speech.
Musk says Liberals are eroding society.
Musk says the Woke Mind Virus is destroying society.
Liberal media dogpiles him.
Liberal media equates free speech to hate.
Liberal media tries to dig dirt up on Musk.
Liberal media contacts him about a story.
Musk gets ahead of it by letting everyone know about the hit pieces coming.

Some individuals now try to create the narrative that Musk only came out as Republican because of the hit piece.

Rykan

It's a narrative because it's not the full sequence of events. The true order of events is:

Some individuals now try to create the narrative that Musk only came out as Republican because of the hit piece.
Literally nothing what you just posted here has any relevancy and is, at best,a highly subjective and biased interpretation of events. It also directly contradicts Musks own statement.

Last edited:

Why would the media dig up dirt on musk when his company is paying millions of dollars in legal losses for racial discrimination.

Lmao, he is the dirt. A sex scandal just makes him more comparable to Donald Trump.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Pullin a Louis CK or not, I still hope he buys the platform and still like the guy. I think he’s an entertaining fella and I want to see the madness unfold. On to chapter 2!

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

OK, I now see why you were asking the questions that you were. You had already developed the above speculative narrative in your head and settled upon it, then proceeded to use circular logic to transform the actual events so that they fit into it. Got ya. Well we're going to have to part ways in this discussion here then, because I intend on sticking to facts, things that truly happened.

Pullin a Louis CK or not, I still hope he buys the platform and still like the guy. I think he’s an entertaining fella and I want to see the madness unfold. On to chapter 2!

Oh he's the richest man in the world and this woman no doubt signed some kind of nondisclosure agreement. He'll be fine. What I find so humorous about all of this is that he didn't have to spin this childishly fabricated story, inventing imaginary enemies and all. He could have just waited for the story drop and then denied it or let his lawyers handle it. Massively amusing though.

Damn she only got $250k?

Poor woman got cheated.
I'd gladly take $250k to not perform a sex act with Elon Musk.

Either way, everyone involved in this has WAY too much bias to take anything they at face value. Rich people can do shitty things, so sure, maybe it happened. On the other hand, lots of reporters who hate Musk would gladly jump at the chance to accuse him without any sort of verification or actual journalism.

This also comes one day before being accused, and one day after Musk was mocked as being special needs by a twitter employee. Either of those could be a reason Elon would announce a rejection of his previously held ideology.

If they have the paperwork for a payoff, you at least know that happened, but you don't know the reasoning and you likely never will. If they don't even have that, then they have almost nothing other than a secondhand story about a guy they hate. It might be true, and it might not. No one will probably ever actually know aside from Musk and his accuser. What would really be crazy is if the woman who went to the press is telling the full truth, but she was lied to by her friend. I guess that's another possibility.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Wait so even if he is sexually harassing his employees you still like him? What?

I get waiting for more info, but you don't care even if the story is true?

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
On the other hand, lots of reporters who hate Musk would gladly jump at the chance to accuse him without any sort of verification or actual journalism.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. A news agency isn't going to go up against the richest man in the world with a libelous story and face being crushed out of existence in the courts. If the story lacked veracity Musk would have done more than denied it - he'd be on his way to court. It's not like he ever shies away from a public feud when he feels or knows he's in the right.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Wait so even if he is sexually harassing his employees you still like him? What?

I get waiting for more info, but you don't care even if the story is true?
Even if this story is true, yes I'd still like him.

I'm perfectly fine liking people even if they've done bad things if they have qualities about them that I like. People are flawed, who am I to judge. If I like a person it's pretty much going to take murder or rape for me to not like them anymore, in my experience I've found life is best lived through cherishing the good in people than letting the bad override your feelings on them. I've done it before and it has made me a worse and less happy person.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I wouldn't be too sure of that. A news agency isn't going to go up against the richest man in the world with a libelous story and face being crushed out of existence in the courts. If the story lacked veracity Musk would have done more than denied it - he'd be on his way to court. It's not like he ever shies away from a public feud when he feels or knows he's in the right.
Bingo. That's the only reason I looked at that story twice. Musk LOVES a good beef. He LOVES showing how right he is. More than that he LOVES flaunting his power and his wealth. If this was 100% untrue it could be easily proven to be so and he would have pounced on the chance to show it. My guess is that something really did happen and money really did change hands, but that the situation is muddier than it seems in the story. Certainly does not excuse his behavior if he really was harassing his employees like that. But we won't know until it all plays out. We have to wait for more details and specifics to come out.

If it's really true though? That is a major blow to his image. The guy touting free speech pays off a victim to stay quiet? That would be an apocalyptic look for him and the persona that he has carefully crafted around himself.

Even if this story is true, yes I'd still like him.

I'm perfectly fine liking people even if they've done bad things if they have qualities about them that I like. People are flawed, who am I to judge. If I like a person it's pretty much going to take murder or rape for me to not like them anymore, in my experience I've found life is best lived through cherishing the good in people than letting the bad override your feelings on them. I've done it before and it has made me a worse and less happy person.
If it really takes someone you like murdering or raping someone before you start disliking them that in my opinion is an extremely fucked up way to go through life. That is all I will say about that.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Bingo. That's the only reason I looked at that story twice. Musk LOVES a good beef. He LOVES showing how right he is. More than that he LOVES flaunting his power and his wealth. If this was 100% untrue it could be easily proven to be so and he would have pounced on the chance to show it. My guess is that something really did happen and money really did change hands, but that the situation is muddier than it seems in the story. Certainly does not excuse his behavior if he really was harassing his employees like that. But we won't know until it all plays out. We have to wait for more details and specifics to come out.

If it's really true though? That is a major blow to his image. The guy touting free speech pays off a victim to stay quiet? That would be an apocalyptic look for him and the persona that he has carefully crafted around himself.

If it really takes someone you like murdering or raping someone before you start disliking them that in my opinion is an extremely fucked up way to go through life. That is all I will say about that.
It’s worked well for me. And honestly, it’s a sliding scale. There really is no set code for me, I kinda just like who I like. I could see myself being friends with a murderer even, it depends on the circumstance. Say I meet someone who killed when they were very young like a teen, went to prison for 30 years, got out and were a changed man, and I met them and found them interesting and charming and fun to be around, I absolutely could be friends with someone like that.

I find the guy entertaining and I think he has contributed a lot to the world. I like the guy, I can’t help it. You like who you like. If you don’t like him you don’t have to.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

Yea, he didn't deny making that payment. He denied the allegations (exposing himself, offering the horse, etc). Which he is free to do, and frankly probably smart to do from a legal standpoint, because he already paid the woman off for her silence - which in every other such story I've ever heard also involved a non disclosure agreement.

If the allegations are true his reputation would be soured for many (as you said), however his supporters won't care. And unless stock values of SpaceX plummet I wonder if the board would do anything. I'd say we could safely ignore Tesla because he was already forced to step down as chair in 2018 when he lied about having the funding secured to take the company private, but the stock market is a fickle thing.

Either way I am looking forward to what town this carnival stops in next.

Didn't take long for the media smears to materialize.

None of that crap is relevant to Twitter, the shaping of public discourse by silicon valley, free speech and equal opportunity for political opposition.

It is merely a distraction and a poor attempt at character assassination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom