• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon Musk buys Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I honestly don't know why people are of the opinion that Musk is apparently a fascist Neo-Nazi. Is it just because he's South African and went on Joe Rogan?

Elon causing the great triggering of 2022.

elon_musk_mars_cropped.jpg

Oh, what a glorious day.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
they're already recommending mastodon for their new social media circlejerk bubble
They're gonna hate that it is difficult to ban people there if they opt to self-host. People were losing their minds on when a bunch of shit lords started using Pleroma there to post spicy memes. All they could do was block them, but banning was impossible since the place is federated and the shit lords were on their own independent islands out of reach.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Any tech heads here have any ideas on how the platform could improve from a tech perspective, not moderation perspective?

What would releasing the source code actually do? Anything user experience wise?

Catphish

Then they're being dishonest and moving goalposts to boot. The subject was about tweets in general not specific user.
1. Someone asked why people label Musk as a fascist neo-nazi.

2. Someone else replied "mean tweets".

3. You said "'Mean' sugar coats it, but it's sourced in hate. Hate speech"

4. You were asked to provide examples of his hate speech.

5. You accuse them of being disingenuous and moving goal posts.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Last edited:

///PATRIOT

Banned
1. Get rid of all the Russian troll accounts just on there to divide people.
2. All the blue hairs to scream “die, terf!” Migrate to another platform.
3. Can’t get kicked off for stating biological facts

Just those 3 things would improve it immensely.
The blue armpit hair wouldn't leave twitter, they will double down with the brigading.

RAÏSanÏa

1. Someone asked why people label Musk as a fascist neo-nazi.

2. Someone else replied "mean tweets".

3. You said "'Mean' sugar coats it, but it's sourced in hate. Hate speech"

4. You were asked to provide examples of his hate speech.

5. You accuse them of being disingenuous and moving goal posts.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
Apologies then. I mistook it for something else.

Ogbert

Good God. You have to check out Reeee.

Some eunuch has started a thread asking if people plan to leave Twitter. The first comment begins with:

'No, I'll stay for now. But I will have an exit plan in case things go to shit.'

Imagine being so dense that you would describe deleting an app as an 'exit plan'.

Absolute fucking planks.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I hope twitter votes yes, because I know this is s pump and dumb. He would kill off twitter because everyone would stop using it if it went through, ending a famous social media program.

But this is just a pump and dump so I can keep my twitter stock.
Eh so this was just a pump and dump?
Really wish he would rush this pump n dump along. It's clogging up my news feed everytime he talks about it.
200.gif

Happy to see Twitter fighting back rather than just rolling over like I was afraid they would at first.
Melissa Mccarthy Fight GIF by Saturday Night Live

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This was all before he announced to buy the company for 46 Billion. I have twitter stock, so I'm coming out nice and peachy here.
The writing was on the wall as to why he purchased that stock. It was not for a pump and dump. He can do far more on a return pumping and dumping low end crypto.

I just noticed the rabble responses like it was the "trend of the day" with select users who came in to repeat the hashtag script all in the same timeframe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom