• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Champions League Final 2013/2014 |OT| Decimation is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
GregariousSpicyGrub.gif

Herr K

Banned
Carlo's face is great.
"Yeah, another one. Enjoy it kids"
I am so happy to be eating crow about him. I was one who thought his price was ridiculous and would just be another flop.

So happy with the team, I can't believe this actually happened and I was lucky enough to witness it.

Bale was shit. You can't possibly hide it. The man can run, but he can't run and control a ball at the same time. He proved it yet again today.

Bale is shit.

Randdalf

Bale was shit. You can't possibly hide it. The man can run, but he can't run and control a ball at the same time. He proved it yet again today.

Bale is shit.

If this isn't control, then I don't know what to say. His finishing was pretty poor all night but he was the only Madrid player who actually managed to get into those positions in the first place.

Khrno

That he's not a massive flop doesn't justify the insane transfer sum. Football is broken. And sadly beyond repair.

Yeah, I've never agreed nor liked the tag prices for these people and I don't think Bale is worth his signing fee, Cristiano has already justified his. It's still to be seen if Bale will do it too, however what we can say right now is that so far, he has done more and much better than what the biggest flop in football history, ever did:

91514hp2.jpg

Tubie

Yeah, I've never agreed nor liked the tag prices for these people and I don't think Bale is worth his signing fee, Cristiano has already justified his. It's still to be seen if Bale will do it too, however what we can say right now is that so far, he has done more and much better than what the biggest flop in football history, ever did:

91514hp2.jpg

Oh god that one still hurts to even think about.

Rikkun

Kaka wasn't a flop

Florentino just got Galliani'd

And Bale is FAR from being shit. He came from Tottenham, and in one year he got to play and score a goal in the CL final.
Guys pls. Every club in the world wishes they had a shit player like him.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Atlético has nobody to blame but themselves for this loss. The budgetary imbalance between clubs is a real issue, but to see all these people bringing it up now is the worst kind of sore losing I've seen in a while.

God damnit im sick of this evil Real madrid already!! they make me so mad arghhhh spending so much money like every other top team in the world, and that Bale player is so bad, his 1st year in Madrid and he only scored the 2 goals that won the 2 trophies for Real, just terrible!

YaGaMi

God damnit im sick of this evil Real madrid already!! they make me so mad arghhhh spending so much money like every other top team in the world, and that Bale player is so bad, his 1st year in Madrid and he only scored the 2 goals that won the 2 trophies for Real, just terrible!

Yep. Bale helped bring back the European Cup to Real. His purchase has been justified.

Khrno

His purchase has been justified.

The purchase is more than justified, but the price tag is not, unless he keeps getting results for the next few years, and also selling merchandise.

If you say a single years worth justifies his price, what are we going to do for next year, spend another €100M on Suarez (as The Mirror was bullshitting), or maybe on Falcao if he recovers well from his injury, or on whoever is the breakthrough star of the World Cup?

That's just ridiculous, football can't keep going that way, or the prices will keep rising.

Herr K

Banned
Kaka wasn't a flop

Florentino just got Galliani'd

And Bale is FAR from being shit. He came from Tottenham, and in one year he got to play and score a goal in the CL final.
Guys pls. Every club in the world wishes they had a shit player like him.

we have matri, the superior shit player

pulga

Banned
Gareth FAIL

:looooooooooooooooooool

BALE GOAT

Bale :lol

Bal SMHHHHBHHB

Bale CHOKE

lol what the fuck @ that defending

but Garreth Fail

one hundred million european euros

bale you flop.

damn bale choked hard

O crap! Bale choked!

HX2Ulp.gif

Hahahaha dat delicious crow. Like I said while it was happening:

I love how everyone is laughing at Bale, would like to remind everyone he already gave us one trophy this season ;)

That's two championship winning goals he's given us now. 100m more than well fucking spent ;)

pulga

Banned
oh i see flippedb is talking shit again! loooooool

here are the facts: Gareth Bale scored 22 goals and 16 assists in all competitions, in his first season at Madrid, without preseason and carrying injuries all through the course. He is fucking brilliant and I can't wait to see how he steps his game up, ala Modric, for the second season.

1400976896_extras_mosaico_noticia_7_g_0.jpg

cebri.one

Real Madrid have invested 800 Million Euros to win a single European Cup. That's how crazy football has gotten over the last few years, teams like Atletico find it very hard to compete. Anyway, Atletico were so unlucky at the end, they deserved to win.

Real Madrid have invested 800 Million Euros to win a single European Cup. That's how crazy football has gotten over the last few years, teams like Atletico find it very hard to compete. Anyway, Atletico were so unlucky at the end, they deserved to win.

i dont know man. atletico won the spanish league which shows a lot more accurately what your long term skill is as a team. winning against a slew european top teams is a great thing. being the best over the course of a year (with barca and real as contendors) is definately harder though.

pulga

Banned
i dont know man. atletico won the spanish league which shows a lot more accurately what your long term skill is as a team. winning against a slew european top teams is a great thing. being the best over the course of a year (with barca and real as contendors) is definately harder though.

Madrid stopped giving a fuck about la Liga after the Bayern semifinal. La Liga was up for grabs for any of the big three until the very end.

Deserved? What did they deserve? Only one teams showed up to play last night, all Atletico did was press and kick at our shins. You don't deserve shit if you lose 4-1.

My opinion of CR7 soured after that penalty celebration. Couldn't have shouted "hey, look at me, wow, such cool, such awesomeness, check out my muscles" more if he wanted to, which is particularly sad as he contributed nothing in that game.

Shame that the latter goals took the limelight off Bale's winner as well.

Grinch

Banned
Madrid stopped giving a fuck about la Liga after the Bayern semifinal.

My sides.

My opinion of CR7 soured after that penalty celebration. Couldn't have shouted "hey, look at me, wow, such cool, such awesomeness, check out my muscles" more if he wanted to, which is particularly sad as he contributed nothing in that game.

Hear hear. This is one of the things I hate about CRonaldo, he always has to steal the thunder.

tim.mbp

I wish Fox's coverage was better. NBC totally outclasses them. Hopefully when their Bundesliga deal kicks in they will fix it.

Man, you gotta feel for Atletico. They went from being CL winners in two minutes time to getting four smashed up their ass at extra time. Simeone was livid at the five mintue stoppage time decision. It should have been 3 at most.

Blablurn

Man, you gotta feel for Atletico. They went from being CL winners in two minutes time to getting four smashed up their ass at extra time. Simeone was livid at the five mintue stoppage time decision. It should have been 3 at most.
Something like this hurts :/ experienced it two times already lol. Im glad my team always came back from this.

Rad-

The topic of the final came up with the gf. The only thing she said was how good Ronaldo looks without a shirt. Then when we made out I swear she was thinking about Ronaldo.

The joke's on her as I was thinking about Ronaldo too.

ICKE

Banned
The topic of the final came up with the gf. The only thing she said was how good Ronaldo looks without a shirt. Then when we made out I swear she was thinking about Ronaldo.

The joke's on her as I was thinking about Ronaldo too.

lvar.gif

Bumhead

Banned

Moaning about the added time holds no more merit for me than moaning about the weather conditions does. Both teams play in the same conditions. Both teams play the same amount of time. One team was good enough to take advantage of that and the other wasn't.

Playing to the whistle is one of the first things you are (or should be) taught as a kid playing football. It doesn't matter if there's 3 minutes, 5 minutes or 8 minutes of added time. If you switch off at any point before the final whistle blows, or spend the last 15-20 minutes of a match camped back soaking up pressure, you run the risk of getting sucker punched like that.

It's harsh and unlucky on Atletico who have obviously had a mind blowing season, but it's not unfair. If Simeone's antics are an indication of how he "managed" that situation after Real's equaliser and well into extra time then I've no sympathy. Maybe if he'd spent more time managing the game from that point rather than his own aggression and frustration Atletico could have avoided an absolute humping.

/XX/

man i miss him :/. ynwa ect.. i wish he would come back for a season or so
alonso for suarez! lets do this!
NEVEEEERRRR! Please, just for a moment lets remember again all the time earlier this season he was injured and seemed like he was the elusive and invisible bond that was lacking at the time for the team, and how anxious was everyone to renew him including nervous shout-outs to the problem from the very same Florentino Pérez around mid-December. He was/is KEY, and nevermind Alonso waited (like the true gentlemen he really is) to know if he would be at his best for continuing more seasons and because of that ensure he would be worthy of that trust put on his shoulders! 'Dicho de otra manera... él es indispensable, tío'.

Well, the 'Morientes curse' has been dispelled once and for all (and I truly love the guy, but I thought he would jinx us mentioning yesterday that the lack of Xabi Alonso would be crucial)! Frankly, I never thought the extra-motivated 'Nuevo Faraón de Camas' Ramos would be around until the end of the match without being red-carded, nevertheless scoring one of those decisive headers of his! Mr. Ancelotti's starter eleven gave me as bad spine as his fluke against F.C. Barcelona on the first La Liga match of this season; indecisive, 'viendolas venir' as we say around these parts... thankfully, he gave the substitutions enough time for once to bring it up their true fast play, how the club should play on every occasion and how people like Di María always (every-time) force themselves to play ("pouring all of your life at the pitch", as 'El Fideo' later said on a interview).

Apart from all the good this change of mentality brought, and all the good things mentioned about other players yesterday... want to say that I have a soft spot for Morata, even more after he entered the field yesterday; sometimes erratic on his definitions and at several moments too nervous on his movements with the ball during all season, worth mentioning is his always hard work recovering balls and his clever disposition and tactical placement on the pitch, moreover at this last match against the totally depleted Atlético de Madrid players he had to fight with at the end. Not recognized by many, but totally splendid work from him at the ET.

All in all, this tense and extenuating spectacle couldn't have been accomplished without the fighting spirit of such brave contenders both, I'm proud of having seen 'Atleti' giving it all to win until the end of their stamina. Sorry but also many thanks to the great supporters of Atlético de Madrid!

'¡Equipos con garra los dos! Ambos dioses, Neptuno y Cibeles, seguro valoran el sacrificio ante todo y sonríen siempre orgullosos en su particular guerra eterna.'

Overdoziz

Banned
If Atletico didn't want 5 minutes added time they shouldn't have been crying on the ground for such a long time after a harmless foul.

feel

I still can't believe Real Madrid is a Champions League winner again, so bizarre. Ramos was clutch as fuck, happy for the guy after what he went through with that penalty a while back, el futbol da revancha.

Feel a bit bad for Atletico, goddamn, to choke 2 minutes away from glory. Shouldn't have wasted so much time rolling on the pitch adding to the injury time if they didn't want the 5 extra minutes.

LOL at the outrage here at Ronaldo's over the top celebration, dude was celebrating (and venting about) the long desired title and the 17 goals he contributed to it not just the single fucking goal you geniuses, he knew he didn't do shit the whole match (he clearly was not 100% fit) and that the goal didn't matter.

Congrats Pulga and the rest of RealMadrid-GAF.

To all you complaining about Ronaldo's goal celebration:

The venue was in Lisbon, Portugal. And most Portuguese fans who attended the game to see Ronaldo first..... Real Madrid just happens to be the team he plays on.

The goal celebration was for himself for achieve and for the fans on home soil

If I:
1) looked like Ronnie
2) Had just scored in a CL final like Ronnie
3) Was doing it in my home country
4) In the same stadium which has emotional context from Euro 2004
5) And had just extended my record to 17 goals from the previous 14, giving it a really good chance of standing for a long time yet
6) Know that it's 4-1 and there are 2 minutes left, so that means I don't have to worry about the next 2 minutes unlike if the scoreline was 2-1 where I would need to continue concentrating.

I would be fucking removing my undies and prancing on the pitch even more than he did! :)

feel

If I:
1) looked like Ronnie
2) Had just scored in a CL final like Ronnie
3) Was doing it in my home country
4) In the same stadium which has emotional context from Euro 2004
5) And had just extended my record to 17 goals from the previous 14, giving it a really good chance of standing for a long time yet
6) Know that it's 4-1 and there are 2 minutes left, so that means I don't have to worry about the next 2 minutes unlike if the scoreline was 2-1 where I would need to continue concentrating.

I would be fucking removing my undies and prancing on the pitch even more than he did! :)
I would do it all the time and in all places if I had his body.

Walk into grocery store? Shirt goes flying, BAAAAM!

Get to the front of the line at the bank, here's my abs motherfuckers!

I'm getting quite sick of hearing this argument. Not only was the 5 minute added time more than deserved (Atletico brought it on themselves for all the time wasting in the final 10 minutes), but even if, as you argue, it was only 3 minutes added time... Ramos still would have scored, as he did so at 92:40.

Kiraly

Watched the final in the Bernabeu with around 50k other people I'd say. That Ramos golazo is for me the most insane moment in football I have ever seen.

What a fucking game. Hala Madrid!

Love all the salt from fans of inferior teams earlier on in this topic. Keep hating. You don't win 10 European Cup titles without being the best team in the world.

Am I the only one that sees no ill will in Varane's action? He's always been a real quiet kid, I was a bit surprised at Simeone's words at the press conference accusing him of being 'unsportsmanlike', and finally finding a video of the incident just makes me think Simeone totally misunderstood the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2e5-BLDa8M&feature=youtube_gdata

The way I see it, Varane was kicking the ball out of the field of play - the way he turns back towards the field as soon as he does so (no glaring back at Simeone, as one would expect if this was him showing Simeone up) just seems to prove this point to me. If it was Pepe (or hotheaded Ramos) I could buy Simeone's version of events, but considering the actors at play I'm going to have to think Simeone went a bit crazy here.

Wilbur

Banned
I think people are misunderstanding what Simeone was pissed at.

I don't think it's that there was five minutes of injury time... it was that two minutes of that was Ramos' celebration. So there should have been an extra half minute/minute at least.

Unless he's said something to the contrary in which case, fuck me.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Watched the game in a packed pub here in Mountain View, California, repping my old Madrid jersey from 98 (Teka sponsor!)

Wonderful game and great crowd. Atleti played their game and we played ours. Had Ramos not scored that goal I would have been really happy for Atleti, they had an amazing tournament and I hope they can continue to be this kind of competitive moving forward

For Madrid fans though ... Man that was awesome. You could see us finally playing our style in the last 20 minutes. Isco was a huge help in getting some offense going, and Bale more than earned his place in history.

It was a good game, the kind that any person who likes sports could watch and become a fan. Great final and congrats again to Atletico.

Would anyone agree that Atletico's stamina-management was poor last night, compounded by the sub they lost in the 8th minute, which was their fault as well?

Sure, they have a small squad, and have played a lot of games this year, but it was a massive risk to play in a way which sees the team run out of energy in the 70th minute. It nearly worked, but they had no chance of scoring after that point, so they were looking at having to survive 20/50+ minutes without conceding twice, against the most lethal attack in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom