• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones |OT| When you play a Game of Telltale you win or break it

foxtrot3d

Banned
Yeah but I'm pretty sure that he'll still be in Essos and have to deal with Daenerys (the episode preview picture shows her). I don't think they get him to Westeros in one episode. Maybe if they do a time skip similar to the one at the end of TWDS2.

They only way they get Asher to Westeros is if they do a MAJOR time skip. Mereen is fucking FAR from Westeros and the North in particular. And, right now they've just killed Jofferey. So, if he made it back to Westeros it'd be have to be well into S5/Book 5 probably when
Stannis marches on Winterfell.
However, I think that is unlikely. I think Asher and his whole crew are going to end up dead unless there is a S2.

ascii42

5. Kept the Ironwood decree. I was surprised that was even a choice as the merchant hinted we could still do business if I had it.

I interpreted that scene as the merchant hoped you had it so you could ensure nobody else found out about it. The merchant wouldn't want to do business with Mira if Mira could be linked to Tyrion. I destroyed the decree.

antitrop

Finished Episode 3. It started boring as fuck (first 2 Chapters) and finished very strongly.

Only myself and 30% of people
stood up to Gryff
? I was having none of his shit.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Finished Episode 3. It started boring as fuck (first 2 Chapters) and finished very strongly.

stood up to Gryff

Sometimes we must play the mummer's farce in order to get revenge. The North remembers, never think otherwise.

lt519

stood up to Gryff

At one point I thought
he was going to straight up kill me and I was still OK with that. I was weak with Ethan and will not be with Rodrik.

My money is on the
maester

Can't be Duncan because he already knows enough to completely destroy the house if he wanted to. I also don't think it's the master at arms because when I was having Rodrik stand up to Gryff, he drew his sword and started to attack Gryff. I actually expected him to be killed right there by Gryff's soldiers.

foxtrot3d

Banned
My money is on the
maester

Can't be Duncan because he already knows enough to completely destroy the house if he wanted to. I also don't think it's the master at arms because when I was having Rodrik stand up to Gryff, he drew his sword and started to attack Gryff. I actually expected him to be killed right there by Gryff's soldiers.

I don't think that places him above suspicion.
Again, he could just be acting his part. At this point I don't think anyone can be ruled out and seeing how this is a Tell Tale game we won't be able to spot the traitor until it's too late. But, if I had to guess my money would be on the Maester simply because he's a maester.

Small Book Info/Theory:
In one of the recent books a character states their opinion that maesters aren't to be trusted and that they secretly have plans of their own. For instance, the maesters may have had more to do with Robert's Rebellion and it wasn't simply some spontaneous event but maybe a planned conspiracy.

Calcium

Banned
I generally like to wait until Telltale games have 3 or more episodes out until I start them and the wait for this one was torture. As someone who loves the Telltale games and Game of Thrones I am loving this series so far.

stood up to Gryff

I was surprised at the 30% too. I tried to play the diplomat in the first episode and that didn't get me anywhere so I am going totally defiant from now on.

Anyone thinks who the
traitor
is?

Either the
Maester or the hot head master at arms

I'm thinking it is
the Maester. Royland and Duncan seem loyal to the house, not too sure about the Maester.

Edit: I was a little annoyed when Jon Snow told me to drop the North Grove subject when I never even mentioned it to him. Pretty sloppy, Telltale.

Man, this third episode feels like they put their A team in charge! The art is getting better, presentation has improved and choices and the story are leagues better! I was very impressed with this episode!!

antitrop

Man, this third episode feels like they put their A team in charge! The art is getting better, presentation has improved and choices and the story are leagues better! I was very impressed with this episode!!

Daenerys' model doesn't look like she has shingles, which is definitely a massive step up from Margaery's.

For a laugh, I decided to rank the voice acting talents of the GOT television cast from best to worst.

Iwan Rheon
Kit Harrington
Natalie Dormer
Peter Dinklage
Lena Headey
Emilia Clarke (Judging only from the five seconds she was in the preview clip.)

etta

my hard graphic balls
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Episodes 1-6) is $4.99 on the Xbox One store right now, not sure if it's a price error or sale; however, the episodes will not download. Doing a live chat with support now to see what's up.

WaLlbaNg

The end sure was
a brutal cliffhanger. The wait will be even worse this time. I really loved the decisions and after returning to an almost empty Ironrath with only Ramsay and Talia, I'm still not sure what happend. Also I completly forgot the traitor-thing, which might be an explanation. The "fuck it" option during the meeting with Lord Whitehill was also interesting, but it was kinda disappointing that the game does not allow you to choose it.

jiggles

Banned
That was a pretty boring episode, I thought. Even the bit in Mereen that was clearly supposed to be tense as fuck was just so comically easy that I wondered why they even bothered making it interactive.

Also, it's become kind of glaring how many corners are being cut. Either through JPEG scenery or speech happening off-camera to avoid having to lip-sync. Ruined my enjoyment of it.

Oh, and if you care about achievements, my Steam copy didn't pop a single one through the whole episode.

frontovik

Banned
That was an interesting episode. Though, I think Witcher 3 has spoiled me because the graphics and dialogue in GoT are becoming a tad difficult to tolerate.

Knowing that my choices won't influence the main storyline has led me to being silent during most of the dialogue sequences. It was kind of funny to see how conversation played out for the Mira storyline.

That being said,
- I chose to attack Ludd during the confrontation at the dinner table. Everybody died and I thought that would be it... yet it seems the game won't proceed without going with a different decision.

Calcium

Banned
Pretty good episode overall. The only aspect of the story I'm not enjoying is Gared's. I don't like any of the Nights Watch characters and the story just feels clumsy.

Everything with Rodrick makes up for it, though. After being completely defiant with him last episode he's becoming my favorite character.
Confronting Lord Whitehill and calling his bluff was amusing. Then I go back to Ironrath and fucking Ramsey is back. I can't stand this guy...

That being said,
- I chose to attack Ludd during the confrontation at the dinner table. Everybody died and I thought that would be it... yet it seems the game won't proceed without going with a different decision.

Same but you know how those Telltale choices that matter can be. There's so many periods when there's a complete lack of activity, you're pretty much watching Game of Thrones not playing it. It was okay. Everything went as planned this episode so I assume next episode it'll fall apart then the big conclusion sealing it together.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I beat the episode and honestly coming off The Witcher 3 has spoiled me, when you have such an amazing open world AAA game that is also able to tell an amazing story that actually incorporates your choices and shows consequences to those choices, it's hard to play a "game" that is so on-rails and yet can't even take the time to make your choices mean anything. Like, where does all their money go? There is no gameplay, the graphics are shit, and the engine is the same broken ass engine it's always been, why can't we at least get an interactive story that adapts and responds to our choices? Now, maybe at the end of it all they'll matter but it sure doesn't seem that way and honestly how could it since the game is tied to the TV show.

And that ending
Ramsay Bolton just decides to show up again, fucking great I'm pretty sure his presence will destroy any choices you made with Ludd. Ramsay is a fucking wild card because you can't manipulate him, he's insane, the perfect Tell Tale character because no matter what choices you make they can always twist it so Ramsay makes the story go their way. I found myself so detached playing this episode because I've sorta grown tired of the TT game design and this setting does nothing for me. I'm a HUGE GoT fan but tying this game to the current show means I know my choices will have zero impact. From the books we know that House Forrester joins up with Stannis so since I know the ending what do I care about how we get there?

nubbe

Any sense of triumph will get viciously beaten down

BoM3519.jpg

Chaos17

Just finished episode 4.
Mira part was the only one I enjoyed because I didn't got the feeling that wht I did was hopeless/useless. I was getting happy how things were turning with Roderik part until the ending. Like someone said above, it's like everything as nulified the moment
Ramsay
showed up. Asher part was bloody but that's it, I didn't felt any hope with him and also he is really too far from home. I doubt even if he make it with an army he will make it in time, same for Gared.

Morts

I was really hoping I could
reverse Red Wedding the Whitehills. Even when everyone was dying I thought for a second maybe Rodrik and Ryon could walk out triumphant leaving dead mom/Duncan behind.

Does it
affect the cliffhanger at all if you leave the soldiers and Ironwrath? I brought the soldiers to the meeting with the Whitehills and my home was empty except for Ramsay and Talia when I got back.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I was really hoping I could
reverse Red Wedding the Whitehills. Even when everyone was dying I thought for a second maybe Rodrik and Ryon could walk out triumphant leaving dead mom/Duncan behind.

Does it
affect the cliffhanger at all if you leave the soldiers and Ironwrath? I brought the soldiers to the meeting with the Whitehills and my home was empty except for Ramsay and Talia when I got back.

Wait, did people actually die at your dinner encounter? Is there an actual difference to how things play out? I left the soldiers at Ironrath and brought Ser Royland with me. Whitehill bolsters about, I tell him I have his son captured, and then he threatens to kill Ryon. I called his bluff and he relented agreeing to a hostage exchange on neutral ground. Everyone walks out alive and gets back to Ironwrath to find the place empty and Ramsay waiting, dining with Talia.

Wait, did people actually die at your dinner encounter? Is there an actual difference to how things play out? I left the soldiers at Ironrath and brought Ser Royland with me. Whitehill bolsters about, I tell him I have his son captured, and then he threatens to kill Ryon. I called his bluff and he relented agreeing to a hostage exchange on neutral ground. Everyone walks out alive and gets back to Ironwrath to find the place empty and Ramsay waiting, dining with Talia.

If you choose to attack Ludd; he, Gwen, Ryon, Rodrick, Rodrick's mom, and Duncan/Royland will all be killled.

Also about 3/4s of you all
chose to not kill the master.
Wimps.

foxtrot3d

Banned
If you choose to attack Ludd; he, Gwen, Ryon, Rodrick, Rodrick's mom, and Duncan/Royland will all be killled.

Also about 3/4s of you all
chose to not kill the master.
Wimps.

1. Does the game allow you to keep playing with all those people dead? If so, then I'll have to revise my statement about the game not actually giving you some consequences.

2. I killed the bastard. I kept screaming the entire time at the game before hand to let me just kill the fucker quickly. Thankfully the game allowed me to do so.

1. Does the game allow you to keep playing with all those people dead? If so, then I'll have to revise my statement about the game not actually giving you some consequences.

2. I killed the bastard. I kept screaming the entire time at the game before hand to let me just kill the fucker quickly. Thankfully the game allowed me to do so.

Yeah, it's game over with all those people gone.

Carl

Episode 4 wasn't that great. This series has been mostly meh so far. 2 and 3 were alright but 1 and 4 have been pretty average. Borderlands is much better but they don't seem to care much about releasing that

The ending to episode 4 was a bit abrupt. Also not many really enjoyable scenes.

So exactly the same thing that happened to me when
I took the soldiers with me
. That TellTale choice system

TimFL

Ramsay is the ultimate Telltale character.
Whenever they want to nullify all of your choices without having to script a lot of scenes they just have him show up and cause mayhem off-screen (so no matter what choices you made up until then, whether they were good or bad or whatever, you always end up at the same chaotic story point).

Damn Telltale, taking the cop out once again.

Top Bottom