• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: Global Starcraft II League (GSL) 2012 GSL Season 5 + GSTL Season 3 Thread

Striek

Well...damn. 19 sentries. Shiiiet. I mean Sniper had resources and time to tech to infestors but theres no way he knew that when Seed is right there threatening to kill him if he doesn't keep building roach/ling. Also maybe ol' fashioned roach/ling drop since he obviously could've got that tech. But lawl if on the surface that doesn't look broken.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sniper vs MKP

Scary

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

Why are they still using this map?

Yoshichan

What fantastic control!

Yoshichan

BATTLE NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

BLIZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!!

Tacitus_

Well, that's what you get for not going for infestors and gglords. You don't simply go toe to toe with MKP with ling/bling/muta unless you're a god of micro.

Yoshichan

let's do this!

LET'S DO THIS!

vegas, vegas, vegaaaas

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*Paparazzi-remix*

I

LOVE

GSL

Yoshichan

Well deserved, that was a (short) but fantastic game. I'm disappointed by MKPs control when Sniper busted his base (shouldn't have lost that many scv/marines. Also his hellions should've NEVER died against those banelings).

Mid-game SC2 = best SC2.

edit: 10pool

Very happy to see MKP go through, so entertaining to watch. Hopefully today was a sign that he is going away from mech (which he has been using too much for to long) and is back to showing us his incredible micro.

Well deserved, that was a (short) but fantastic game. I'm disappointed by MKPs control when Sniper busted his base (shouldn't have lost that many scv/marines. Also his hellions should've NEVER died against those banelings).

Mid-game SC2 = best SC2.

edit: 10pool

It's not so much about mid-game or late game. SC2 is just at its best when there is back and forth action. It's why PvZ is such a bad matchup, it's mostly just turtle until either one player allins or until the big late game engagement.

Don't knock what works... as long as it's for terran.

>.>.

Yoshichan

It was smart - a valid strategy. 99% of the times, after 2rax you go double cc. Sniper expected that, and got owned in the mind games department.

V_Arnold

Eh, it was smart. Nothing actually "failed", Arnold, it's a valid strategy. 99% of the times, after 2rax you go double cc. Sniper expected that, and got owned in the mind games department.

Well, it is my perception issue. For me, 2rax is the lowest form of the SC2 feeling. Same with going banelings in ZVZ. And I am sure we can get a protoss situation like that (Force fields?) :p

It was smart - a valid strategy. 99% of the times, after 2rax you go double cc. Sniper expected that, and got owned in the mind games department.

MKP simply knew that snipers economy was behind and so was the creep at his natural. No spines or banes means he couldn't stop the attack. It's a valid strategy and an entertaining one as well.

Well, it is my perception issue. For me, 2rax is the lowest form of the SC2 feeling. Same with going banelings in ZVZ. And I am sure we can get a protoss situation like that (Force fields?) :p

Banelings in ZvZ is incredibly entertaining and tense, there are few things i enjoy in SC2 more than that. 2 rax is also very exciting and i enjoy seeing it.

Striek

I don't think 10p is ever really a great idea against terran. You will simply be behind against a wallin, you have to expect a wall. Terran will always pressure with marines forcing you to spend even more of your scant eco on lings even if they do 3 CC behind...

I don't get it.

Aaron

Expecting Commander Keen to pull out a win tonight, even if they won't call Florida.

Great first game. Leenock was styling over this kespa terran.

Edit: Make that both games.

derwalde

vqYuG.gif

fanboi

Banned
Aww I missed Bogus play Leenock. I finally learnt how to play Civ and 3hrs disappeared :3

Which Civ?

Also, when you are tired of that and want to join the grown ups league you should try Europa Universalis 3 and Crusader Kings 2

Majine

Banned
Are they still streaming from twitch because they have to, or did they find out the viewing numbers went up?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
cant wait for it to go back to gom player :(

im sick of having my browser at half screen just so i can internet and watch the GSL

Keikaku

Didn't realize this was on early, just tuned in to see I'd already missed Life's set. ;_;
Game 1
Baby went for 2 Fact-1 Port BFH Hellions but let it get scouted. Life delayed his 3rd, built Speed Roaches, deflected Baby's attack while busting Baby's defenses at home with slow Banes, about 15 Roaches and Speedlings.

Game 2
Baby did the same thing as G1, Life deflected with Queens and Lings while getting Infestors. Life used the Infestors to kill a lot of SCVs and generally delay Baby. Once the his 3rd was up, Life activated his "July Mode" and swarmed Baby with Lings and Infestors.

Top Bottom