• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGNxGamer] Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart PS5 Performance Review

Umbasaborne

Banned
1800p I believe IIRC.
Thats p good! Ill be sticking with that then. I think rt is cool, and i can acknowledge its importance as an advancement in rendering tech, but still, 60 fps with high detail and resolution looks more next gen to me than rt does. Thats why demons souls is still the most impressive next gen game imo, and why i played spiderman remastered and miles morales in the no ray tracing performance modes.

i suppose it isnt a big deal if your a pc gamer, but as console gamer who slumming it with jaguar cpu’s for ten years, even on the “pro” consoles. The boost in framerate just looks amazing to me

ethomaz

Banned
This was not the take I expected to read when I woke up this morning.
Well I pretty much start to play games without touch any option unless it is a scripted one when you hit New Game like some game make you choose the difficult.

It never goes wrong and to be fair I never found a game broken to the point that I have to change options too.

Last edited:

dr guildo

20 years old. 20 times better fur.

Doable in real time on consoles now :
qjlzVGX.gif

tnEBnxz.gif

6sQlSGE.gif

Fur shading in Ratchet :
L5gsE5b.jpg

GIF-08-06-2021-16-53-08.gif

Last edited:

Skifi28

Why do you need the df analysis over nxgamer? They’ve proven time and time again they’re hacks.
I don't have any issue with either, but in this case NX gamer didn't go into much detail about the RT performance mode. I imagine DF's next video will be more detailed since it'll basically cover this one mode.

NXGamer

I don't have any issue with either, but in this case NX gamer didn't go into much detail about the RT performance mode. I imagine DF's next video will be more detailed since it'll basically cover this one mode.
"Covers the RT mode, with resolution and Performance info, gets told the other video not yet out or made will be more detailed!!??"".....had the same limits and even less time to produce the content (part time gig)"

At these moments you ask yourself, why do I bother!!!!

Skifi28

"Covers the RT mode, with resolution and Performance info, gets told the other video not yet out or made will be more detailed!!??"".....had the same limits and even less time to produce the content (part time gig)"

At these moments you ask yourself, why do I bother!!!!
Uhm, I think you're overreacting? I like your content and always watch it, in this case I thought it wasn't too detailed a comparison between the different modes, which is understandable considering that the patch came late. I'm not blaming you or anything. DF said they're working on a video on this exact patch so I imagine it's going to go into more detail. You should seriously relax.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Uhm, I think you're overreacting? I like your content and always watch it, in this case I thought it wasn't too detailed a comparison between the different modes, which is understandable considering that the patch came late. I'm not blaming you or anything. DF said they're working on a video on this exact patch so I imagine it's going to go into more detail. You should seriously relax.
Expert abuser... If Nxgamer leaves us and joins Reeee, that's it, your done. "lollipop_disappointed:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Majority will play at whatever is default. FPS over everything else. Especially a platformer/shooter.
Default is 30FPS fidelity mode. Like every game. Its also what they use to sell the game in trailers, State of Play, etc... Because it looks better. Way better. Most will play it like that. Its only on the internet where framerate is seen as more important than graphics. No where else. Most people dont give a shit about framerate. Graphics win all day.
you sure about that? i would say the opposite is true. who would play at 30fps? only pixel peepers.
Its a fact. Thats why they use the fidelity mode to sell the game. Trailers, state of play, all screenshots... Its all fidelity mode. Graphics are factually more important than framerate for most gamers.

Ray Tracing is what was used to hype up next gen. Not framerate.

Last edited:

NXGamer

If somebody snaps at me for no reason, they can join any place they like for all I care.
No, it was sarcasm and then you over react yourself, how is that snapping at you. Relax man, relax.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Default is 30FPS fidelity mode. Like every game. Its also what they use to sell the game in trailers, State of Play, etc... Because it looks better. Way better. Most will play it like that. Its only on the internet where framerate is seen as more important than graphics. No where else. Most people dont give a shit about framerate. Graphics win all day.

Its a fact. Thats why they use the fidelity mode to sell the game. Trailers, state of play, all screenshots... Its all fidelity mode. Graphics are factually more important than framerate for most gamers.

Did a frame kill your parents or something?

I don't agree it looks better in motion at lower fps

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Did a frame kill your parents or something?
yes :messenger_expressionless:

im just sick of the "everything needs to be 60+ FPS" narrative. Its very annoying. And gaming forums like this just run it into the ground.... People want true next-gen visual fidelity. Mindblowing shit. Focusing on 60fps will stop that from happening. As is evident from how much worse this game looks in Performance mode.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte

im just sick of the "everything needs to be 60+ FPS" narrative. Its very annoying. And gaming forums like this just run it into the ground.... People want true next-gen visual fidelity. Mindblowing shit. Focusing on 60fps will stop that from happening. As is evident from how much worse this game looks in Performance mode.

That's why the option is great. A lot of enlightened people will play at 60fps and people that don't realise yet games play much better at 60, can pick 30.

NikuNashi

That's a negative chief. After 60fps Demons on PS5 I can't go back to last gen 30fps. Let's reside that to history and move forward, interactivity is the core of games and frame rate improves it.

Top Bottom