• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Majors arrested on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment

FunkMiller

Well... She is trying to kill you... Have you not been paying attention to all the male suicide statistics after the men lose their home and kids in a divorce?

Women do kill men... Women kill them all the time.

All this claptrap about how women should never be touched, and how they're these poor defenceless beings who haven't done anything wrong, and who are completely innocent... Where they are trodden on by these big bad men... That's all just lies and propaganda that's spun up by the media. Proper brainwashing that is.

Women can be complete cunts. And if a dude should be knocked out for acting like a cunt, then a woman should too.

Other men don't steal your home and your kids... So why's it ok to beat them up?

All the "real big men" on here should answer that.

But if a woman steals your home and your kids, and also destroys your life, why's it ok for her to not be beaten up?

Why is it ok to hit a man who hasn't destroyed your life, but it's not ok to hit a woman who has destroyed your life and left you suicidal?

Also... wasn't it Zoe Quinn who caused Alec Holowka to commit suicide? Oh...

Too many simps and white knights around here... And I'm sure that they'll somehow figure out a way to answer that.

Jesus. You need some fucking help. Get off the internet and into some sort of therapy. Violence against women is never justified, unless they are directly threatening your life or safety through their own violent action. You sound like the worst kind of Andrew Tate following, social media obsessed incel. Get help. The path you’re on leads nowhere good.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
You’re continuing to show that you don’t understand what DV is. Again, spend a little time on research into what it is, and how it operates.
We are having an "inconceivable" moment here, and I'm gonna just leave it at that.

0x8p3Vn.jpg

FunkMiller

We are having an "inconceivable" moment here, and I'm gonna just leave it at that.

0x8p3Vn.jpg

No. You just don’t want to accept that maybe you don't know as much about DV as you think you do. Did you look at any of the links? Because they would have told you that DV is a pattern of behavioural abuse against a partner - not an isolated incident of assault, which while being bad of course, is not the same.

Last edited:
Jesus. You need some fucking help. Get off the internet and into some sort of therapy. Violence against women is never justified, unless they are directly threatening your life or safety through their own violent action. You sound like the worst kind of Andrew Tate following, social media obsessed incel. Get help. The path you’re on leads nowhere good.
Blah blah blah blah...

Nice use of buzz words you got there... Little man on the internet.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Well... She is trying to kill you... Have you not been paying attention to all the male suicide statistics after the men lose their home and kids in a divorce?

All this claptrap about how women should never be touched, and how they're these poor defenceless beings who haven't done anything wrong, and who are completely innocent... Where they are trodden on by these big bad men... That's all just lies and propaganda that's spun up by the media. Proper brainwashing that is.

Women can be complete cunts. And if a dude should be knocked out for acting like a cunt, then a woman should too.

Other men don't steal your home and your kids... So why's it ok to beat them up?

But if a woman steals your home and your kids, and also destroys your life, why's it ok for her to not be beaten up?

Why is it ok to hit a man who hasn't destroyed your life, but it's not ok to hit a woman who has destroyed your life and left you suicidal?

Too many simps and white knights around here... And I'm sure that they'll somehow figure out a way to answer that.

You sound like a real big, strong, brave, heroic guy, wanting to knock out defenseless women.

Thank you for banning this person, but may we request his entire comment be deleted?

Leaving it up, with all the dumb things he said, probably not a good thing judging by how aggressive and nonchalant he is about violence against women

I think there's more value in other people getting to see what is not acceptable on this forum. The bad rhetoric was also visually countered by a few users, which is reassuring.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Saying it’s a matter between the two individuals involved is just hand waving a serious issue. I know first hand the long term consequences of domestic violence. There is no grey area here.

People eager to defend this guy despite the obvious red flags seem to fall into two camps:

1. He’s black
2. He’s in their favorite super hero movies

This isn’t about canceling. Companies don’t want to associate with this stuff at all. He already lost his Army gravy train, what’s next? If there is even a whiff of this heinous shit large corporations are out. Look at Accenture and Tiger Woods years back. This is nothing new.

Again, if this cowardly piece of shit is beating a woman (all signs point to yes), then fuck him. Until they prove otherwise he looks like a little bitch. Cheating on his girl and physically assaulting her when she wants to see his phone? What a fucking pussy.

OR..............

Some of us are waiting to see more evidence of what happened and aren't quick to jump to conclusions. I personally find it odd that just 2 weeks ago nobody would have thought of Majors as a woman beater. Now you are saying "all signs point to yes" in response to him beating his girlfriend here. Even though you have the same set of information we all do. And I don't think for one instance that's enough to say he is or isn't.

I'm willing to allow more time for questions to be answered. But why aren't you?

Kacho

OR..............

Some of us are waiting to see more evidence of what happened and aren't quick to jump to conclusions. I personally find it odd that just 2 weeks ago nobody would have thought of Majors as a woman beater. Now you are saying "all signs point to yes" in response to him beating his girlfriend here. Even though you have the same set of information we all do. And I don't think for one instance that's enough to say he is or isn't.

I'm willing to allow more time for questions to be answered. But why aren't you?
Again, the onus is on your boy and his lawyer to deliver the evidence that proves his innocence. The optics thus far have been awful and for some reason his lawyer though releasing the text messages would make him look better, when they just ended up making him look worse. If they have stronger evidence why wouldn't they release that instead? Makes you think!

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
OR..............

I'm in the camp of "He probably beat her, but let's not just jump to conclusions and let the system function as its designed."

Personally, we shouldn't even know about this case until it's concluded IMHO.

HoodWinked

Is that how it works? I always thought in America the default state is innocence until a guilty charge is proven.
you're innocent until proven guilty but in the court of public opinion it has become a total cluster fuck where the first accusation is what's taken as true. And even those that bring evidence to prove their innocence typically still has a permanent mark against them. Look at Johnny Depp, Jeremy Piven and Aziz Ansari.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
you're innocent until proven guilty but in the court of public opinion it has become a total cluster fuck where the first accusation is what's taken as true. And even those that bring evidence to prove their innocence typically still has a permanent mark against them. Look at Johnny Depp, Jeremy Piven and Aziz Ansari.
That's why we need to start having privacy protection. There are already rules for protecting victims from having their names published in the media. We need to have the same be true for accused until convicted.

The only exception should be when it's in the interest of public safety (i.e. a armed suspect is loose and a danger to the community). A dude who slapped his girlfriend and choked her in a taxi isn't that).

Zephyrus0

Banned
Nah there's plenty of justification.
You just don't do it, unless you're under a life threatening situation.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Police arresting a famous person on the spot by supposedly having enough evidence for probable cause seems rare. Sounds bad. If true, I have a feeling Majors is now a big enough star for his career to survive committing domestic violence - so many others have. He'll probably lose the Disney gig, since it's Disney, but limp on.

Ownage

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u5.jpg

mckmas8808

Again, the onus is on your boy and his lawyer to deliver the evidence that proves his innocence. The optics thus far have been awful and for some reason his lawyer though releasing the text messages would make him look better, when they just ended up making him look worse. If they have stronger evidence why wouldn't they release that instead? Makes you think!

What evidence have you seen released that shows that he's guilty?

The only time you should hit a woman or anyone for that matter is in self-defense.

Kacho

I did read the thread. I'm not seeing anything guilt worthy.
I figured you weren’t engaging in good faith

Edit: Here’s my post specifically calling out the issue btw. Since you read the thread.

Can you explain how this isn’t a red flag? Can you explain why the lawyer thought releasing this was a good idea? I’m not alone here.

It’s interesting that you chose to call out my post suggesting that people defending him are only doing so for two reason and not the above. Is there an explanation for why that is?

Last edited:

mckmas8808

I figured you weren’t engaging in good faith

Edit: Here’s my post specifically calling out the issue btw. Since you read the thread.

Can you explain how this isn’t a red flag? Can you explain why the lawyer thought releasing this was a good idea? I’m not alone here.

It’s interesting that you chose to call out my post suggesting that people defending him are only doing so for two reason and not the above. Is there an explanation for why that is?

Because I personally don't see what you see in those text messages. To me, it doesn't prove his innocence. Nor does it get 1% of proving his guilt. If those text messages make you more likely to think he beat her up, then I don't know what to say. I guess we are now living in the land of the Oz.

Dem white bitches is crazy am I right playa ass playa? Sheeeeeit.

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

Don't tell on yourself here dude.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The plot thickens

Deadline said:
“Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is probably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows,” Majors’ criminal defense attorney Priya Chaudhry told Deadline in a March 27 statement. “We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently.”

Chaudhry added at the time that the “evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations.”

Pejo

The plot thickens

That quote you posted is from March 27th, back when the text messages were released to the press and everybody just kinda made this face because his attorney thought that the texts would make him look innocent:
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

The 2 agencies dropping him were today (or recently). Probably not a good sign for Majors.

*edit*

Date was the 27th, not the 23rd, according to the article.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Jonathan Majors beats up a woman, Disney does nothing.

Gina Carano tweets, Disney fires her.

There are rumors that he is being recast by an actor who worked on the show Snowfall.

I saw the new Ant-Man and between it and Loki, the MCU Kang doesn't feel terribly sinister or even compelling to me. So if they recast I don't think it would be a big deal. In fact the sooner they can close out this phase the better IMO.

I can't think of another actor who had such a fast rise and fall. In the space of a few weeks he had two blockbusters, an awards-buzz indie, was the new face of the US Army and had a whiskey ad broadcast around the world - and then got dropped by his reps and PR. Dude speedran the Marcus Chong career path...

I don't advocate physical violence of any kind no matter if its man or woman.

You do have a point in that women can psychologically mess you up by taking your kids and assets. I mean that has happened to others before and I can speak personally of that happening to me so I get where you're coming from but I won't sit here and say its ok to beat up a women for it.

That's just wrong. I won by battles on the same playing field of my ex partner. I showed her I was ok to move on from that drama. I think that fecked her over more than anything else.

And to stay on topic: This guy is well and truely FECKED.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Sucks to lose his art, he’s a very charismatic presence that is different. In Creed 3 it’s almost funny how much more charismatic and interesting he is compared to Michael b Jordan who ends up looking like a mid level pop artist pretty boy.

SaintALia

Jonathan Majors beats up a woman, Disney does nothing.

Gina Carano tweets, Disney fires her.
Lol nah fuck that, that's not how it went down with her at all.

She got racism thrown at her when she tweeted. Dodged it.
She got transphobia thrown at her when she tweeted. Slid by it.

Then the Jewish fiasco, face mask and telling churches and businesses to open during the pandemic nonsense and 'why yes it was voter fraud' stuff hit. She was on Parler at one point.

Only after ALL THAT, did Disney drop her.

Last edited:

SaintALia

I think Disney doesn't want to be seen dropping a Black lead, but also doesn't want to be seen supporting domestic violence. So they are going to wait and see, which is the least risky response.
Yeah, Disney would surely be hesitant about dropping a black lead, isn't that right Terrance Howard?

If Disney does their own investigation and find some worrying shit, they'll drop him in a heartbeat and just stuff some other black actor or POC in the role. Everyone in the MCU is replaceable. Especially with the multiverse in play.

Last edited:
Lol nah fuck that, that's not how it went down with her at all.

She got racism thrown at her when she tweeted. Dodged it.
She got transphobia thrown at her when she tweeted. Slid by it.

Then the Jewish fiasco, face mask and telling churches and businesses to open during the pandemic nonsense and 'why yes it was voter fraud' stuff hit. She was on Parler at one point.

Only after ALL THAT, did Disney drop her.
"all of that" just words? or i am missing something more?

SaintALia

First off:
"Jonathan Majors beats up a woman, Disney does nothing."

"Jonathan Majors ALLEGEDLY HITS a woman, Disney does nothing....yet."

"Gina Carano DOES MULTIPLE problematic tweets over the course of two years ranging from racist, transphobic, anti-semetic, to downplaying masks in the pandemic to supporting pro-voter fraud sentiments in the 2020 US elections, tweets, Disney fires her after two years. "

James Gunn got fired from a Marvel project due to an old dug-up tweet of a joke. IF Disney finds something concrete about Majors, he is gone no question. But to try and say Carano was done dirty 'for just a tweet' is utterly ridiculous and patently false. Disney let multiple infractions skate by, she is probably the worst person to bring up in this.

nush

Nothing other than typical "Worst reading" of tweets. IIRC the "Transphobia" was her being pressured to add pronouns to her Twitter account or something to show she was a good "Ally" and in response her pronouns were set to beep boop bop.

Top Bottom