• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Chumley

Banned
giphy.gif

JDS will be a 2X champ

This just reminds me Reem losing to Stipe was such a fuck up on Reem's part. He had all the tools to end him but was psychologically rattled or something.

Levito

Banned
Man you know That Conor/Mayweather fight is carny shit when Floydd literally has to try and sell you on how Conor could beat him. Feels so desperate.

NHklEiZ.gif

That's the kind of fight my casual friends will buy and then be completely bored at and then not watch MMA or boxing again for another year.

Dana says no interim fight for Silva/Romero.

And looks like GSP ain't fighting until November, lol.

As a promoter, Dana is falling apart. Let Silva and Romero fight for a make believe belt (you do it all the time for lesser reasons) and if by some chance Silva wins you're setting up either a rematch to a great fight against Bisping or you make a super fight with GSP relevant again.

Not to mention you are about to make that UFC Brazil PPV completely irrelevant after you sold everyone on Silva being on that card.

It's a joke all around.

Heel

The solution is having Yoel fight Bisping in July, winner fights GSP in November.

Anderson can skidaddle with these interim title fantasies. It's not even in the realm of making sense. You're washed.

l00qmcil.png

That should be the solution but it won't happen and it ruins bigger money fights so since mike and GSP won't fight until November something's gotta give .

If Nick Diaz was to comeback tomorrow he would be granted an immediate title fight in whatever division so who cares if Silva gets to fight for a make believe title against a guy that deserves the title and will most likely wash the spider out .

Chumley

Banned
Dana says no interim fight for Silva/Romero.

And looks like GSP ain't fighting until November, lol.

As a promoter, Dana is falling apart. Let Silva and Romero fight for a make believe belt (you do it all the time for lesser reasons) and if by some chance Silva wins you're setting up either a rematch to a great fight against Bisping or you make a super fight with GSP relevant again.

Not to mention you are about to make that UFC Brazil PPV completely irrelevant after you sold everyone on Silva being on that card.

It's a joke all around.

November? What a fucking mess, make the Bisping Yoel fight already.

Levito

Banned
November? What a fucking mess, make the Bisping Yoel fight already.

Yoel would kill Bisping, and GSP is probably way too small for Yoel, I think that's why the UFC is afraid to give him an actual title fight. He'd destroy their only big money fight for the year.

broz0rs

alvarez vs chavez jr is just as bad as mayweather vs pacquiao. mayweather vs mcgregor can't be any worse than this.

Canelo vs GGG is all that matters. i'm glad the fight got made while two boxers are at the prime of their careers, unlike Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The solution is having Yoel fight Bisping in July, winner fights GSP in November.

Anderson can skidaddle with these interim title fantasies. It's not even in the realm of making sense. You're washed.

l00qmcil.png
Actually,

Anderson's first fight with Weidman is a widely acknowledged fluke by MMA analysts, fans and fighters alike. I'll give you his second, but he was winning up until that point. His bout with Nick can go largely ignored due to both fighters failing their tests and before you say, "but Anderson did the PED's" let's not pretend that marijuana doesn't offer protection from concussions. The Diaz bros. are a testament to that and as for Michael Bisping he was knocked out cold, just a terrible call from Herb Dean. While Cormier a massive natural HW was reeling from the kicks Anderson was delivering to his ribs until DC made it a boring lay and pray match. Fact is when it comes down to it Anderson was winning until he lost.

Heel

Actually,

Anderson's first fight with Weidman is a widely acknowledged fluke by MMA analysts, fans and fighters alike. I'll give you his second, but he was winning up until that point. His bout with Nick can go largely ignored due to both fighters failing their tests and before you say, "but Anderson did the PED's" let's not pretend that marijuana doesn't offer protection from concussions. The Diaz bros. are a testament to that and as for Michael Bisping he was knocked out cold, just a terrible call from Herb Dean. While Cormier a massive natural HW was reeling from the kicks Anderson was delivering to his ribs until DC made it a boring lay and pray match. Fact is when it comes down to it Anderson was winning until he lost.

eddie-bravo.jpg

Chumley

Banned
Actually,

Not sure if serious but he 100 percent deserved the Bisping loss for not finishing him.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Actually,

190.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Not sure if serious but he 100 percent deserved the Bisping loss for not finishing him.

He did finish Bisping. The ref just didn't much care. He deserved the loss for assuming the judges would disregard the rules and award him the KO win after two rounds of Anderson Silva's conscientious objection.

Chumley

Banned
He did finish Bisping. The ref just didn't much care. He deserved the loss for assuming the judges would disregard the rules and award him the KO win after two rounds of Anderson Silva's conscientious objection.

He didn't finish Bisping lmao. He was out for maybe a split second and was conscious by the time his ass hit the ground, Herb Dean was right to basically look at it as a knockdown. Silva was a dumbass.

Heel

Bro, this is the big fight. He fight for the fan and for legacy. He leave his family and give up everything for legacy. This is my opinion. That's it.

Oh yes it can, Pac is much more agile than Connor is (even being older). McG moves slower than a snail wearing crutches he'll be lucky to touch Mayweather at all.

I meant entertainment wise. I assume Mayweather will light Connor up in a way he couldn't or was unwilling to do with Pac. I also see Connor clowning Mayweather as much as he can when he's not getting punched hard - kinda like what he was doing to Diaz until Diaz slapped him silly and he had to get serious.

SteveWD40

Seriously George? November?

I am surprised at Bisping to be fair, he usually likes to keep busy, last time he was off for a while Kennedy embarrassed him. I get that it's not his call, he can't just choose opponents, but he could break from the company line and say if GSP isn't ready by July he will fight whoever. I don't think he is any more scared of Yoel than he was Luke, Hendo, Wand, Vitor etc...

iddqd

Seriously George? November?

I am surprised at Bisping to be fair, he usually likes to keep busy, last time he was off for a while Kennedy embarrassed him. I get that it's not his call, he can't just choose opponents, but he could break from the company line and say if GSP isn't ready by July he will fight whoever. I don't think he is any more scared of Yoel than he was Luke, Hendo, Wand, Vitor etc...

This was talked about here a lot but here we go again:
- He will make a lot more money fighting GSP (He gets PPV points and Canada is going to buy this PPV like in the good old days)
- He will have a size, no ring rust, style on his side
- Him waiting makes Yoel even older and I would rather fight a Yoel that is close to 41 then one that is 39.

It makes ZERO sense to take a serious contender over GSP for Bisping, even if the fight was next year. This is sad but alas the state of the UFC we are in.
Waste 6 months of good fights (but low PPVs) for one big PPV ala Boxing.

This was talked about here a lot but here we go again:
- He will make a lot more money fighting GSP (He gets PPV points and Canada is going to buy this PPV like in the good old days)
- He will have a size, no ring rust, style on his side
- Him waiting makes Yoel even older and I would rather fight a Yoel that is close to 41 then one that is 39.

It makes ZERO sense to take a serious contender over GSP for Bisping, even if the fight was next year. This is sad but alas the state of the UFC we are in.

This is what's wrong with today's UFC. Stuff like this is really killing the sport

Syder

I don't blame Bisping. I don't blame GSP. Farcical fights like these are never the fighters' fault. I don't blame anyone for choosing to make bank.

Fuck the UFC for enabling it but I guess the new owners want an instant return on investment.

I don't disagree but it's funny that in 2011 we were complaining about an event every week and longing for the days when there were 6 PPVs a year that people actually got hyped about. Now we're complaining that we're getting hyped carny fights that don't advance a championship belt based narrative.

Fox318

I blame GSP.

He has no reason to request this much time off after claiming to want to fight now. Hell they built that toronto card around his possible return.

What did he even do to Hendo exactly ?

Mousasi was able to knock him down with a jab and he got dropped in the 5 fights prior or so.

5 round version of TRTless 50 year old Hendo was closer to finishing the fight than Bisping ever was.

I scored that fight for Henderson. He had two clear 10-8 rounds.

That being said, he beat Rockhold decisively when everyone called the fight a joke.

He can do what he wants with his belt.

The whole situation is a mess. Who knows if Mike/GSP will ever happen. McGregor is gone. Jones is a question mark.

Manuwa is talking about how he only needs one punch for DC. Manuwa?
Khabib is in Dagestan having a party. Anderson scratched himself right off the brazil card telling Dana to lick his ass.

Who else do we have? Oh right the heavyweight championship this weekend. I hope Santos trainers are able to throw a towel this time for christs sake.

The whole situation is a mess. Who knows if Mike/GSP will ever happen. McGregor is gone. Jones is a question mark.

Manuwa is talking about how he only needs one punch for DC. Manuwa?
Khabib is in Dagestan having a party. Anderson scratched himself right off the brazil card telling Dana to lick his ass.

Who else do we have? Oh right the heavyweight championship this weekend. I hope Santos trainers are able to throw a towel this time for christs sake.
Mike Perry needs to come out and introduce himself as the "Platinum Champion" and walk out with a custom belt.

Top Bottom