• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

pixelation

Weidman vs Gastelum is interesting, wrestler vs wrestler... so stand up match?, i'm leaning towards Weidman on that one.

And i hope that Bisping gets the W over Romero... how?, no clue... i just want him to win because he's cool and i just like seeing the rest of the division throwing hissy fits.

I think some fighters are being way too sensitive:

Jones: How are you gonna tell your kids you never beat that guy Jon Jones?
Cormier: Don't fucking talk about my kids! DON'T FUCKING TALK ABOUT MY KIDS YOU BUM! Keep my kids name out your mouth!

Lee: He wanted this fight because it'll be in OKC, I know his mom got tickets...
Chiesa: Don't talk about my mom! DON'T YOU FUCKING TALK ABOUT MY MOM!

DC was always sensitive though, we knew that. And the "bitch ass nigga" line and "I'm from Lafayette Louisiana, I have that side that I can go to" shows how emotional this guy really is for this fight.

Would love a DC win but Jones is probably unbeatable for him. Sad to say.

Gotta admit Lee/Chiesa is interesting all of a sudden. Lee really hit him and there will be consequences.

Conor threw bottles/cans and it cost him.

Heel

Lee's punch was self defense. Chelsea was rushing at him like a maniac.

Nah.

8v6d6X9l.png

Would love a DC win but Jones is probably unbeatable for him. Sad to say.

Gotta admit Lee/Chiesa is interesting all of a sudden. Lee really hit him and there will be consequences.

Conor threw bottles/cans and it cost him.

Jones hasn't fought in a year, ring rust is a real thing, so that's DC's best bet.

If they want to be consistent, Lee and Cormier should be fined, the first for throwing a punch, the latter for throwing a bottle.

The same Masvidal that lost to Al and Benson came out tonight . Pretty explosive to start then just legit stops fighting almost...one punch or one kick then checks out for a while.

I'm sure he was hesitant with Maia being able to take him to the mat pretty frequently but come on dude...it was your chance to prove you aren't middle of the road and you blew it.

Props to Maia, no reason to take that fight but did and got the job done regardless of it looking pretty messy. I have no idea how a fight with Woodley goes but he deserves the shot regardless .

I think some fighters are being way too sensitive:

Jones: How are you gonna tell your kids you never beat that guy Jon Jones?
Cormier: Don't fucking talk about my kids! DON'T FUCKING TALK ABOUT MY KIDS YOU BUM! Keep my kids name out your mouth!

Lee: He wanted this fight because it'll be in OKC, I know his mom got tickets...
Chiesa: Don't talk about my mom! DON'T YOU FUCKING TALK ABOUT MY MOM!

DC was always sensitive though, we knew that. And the "bitch ass nigga" line and "I'm from Lafayette Louisiana, I have that side that I can go to" shows how emotional this guy really is for this fight.

DC lost a daughter to a drunk driver. Jones is a scumbag who nearly killed a pregnant woman and her unborn child whilst high on cocaine. Combine that with all the other shit he's said, it's no wonder Jones even talking about his kids can set him off.

Chiesa is super close with his mom. His dad died when he was participating on TUF so I would hope you could imagine why he won't tolerate that shit.

That's actually hilarious.

Oh, boy...

is he bragging about a BJJ blue belt?
BJJ blue belts are legit. Most MMA fighters are only blue belts. It also takes 1-3 yrs of training spending usually 3-6 hrs a week including hard sparring. Most blue belts would wreck 90% of untrained people off the street.

Syder

BJJ blue belts are legit. Most MMA fighters are only blue belts. It also takes 1-3 yrs of training spending usually 3-6 hrs a week including hard sparring. Most blue belts would wreck 90% of untrained people off the street.
Duh. A little bit of knowledge in any martial art would destroy the average person... and I really don't think it takes that long to get a blue belt.

DC lost a daughter to a drunk driver. Jones is a scumbag who nearly killed a pregnant woman and her unborn child whilst high on cocaine. Combine that with all the other shit he's said, it's no wonder Jones even talking about his kids can set him off.

Chiesa is super close with his mom. His dad died when he was participating on TUF so I would hope you could imagine why he won't tolerate that shit.

I'm well aware of both stories. Nothing bad was said about Cormier's kids or Chiesa's mom. If things like "explain to your kids" and "his mom has tickets" sets you off, that means you're way too sensitive, IMO.

Duh. A little bit of knowledge in any martial art would destroy the average person... and I really don't think it takes that long to get a blue belt.

Average time to get a blue belt is 3 years. I've seen a couple people get them in a year but that's basically by training non stop and competing. Most blues I've asked have said 3 years

I'm well aware of both stories. Nothing bad was said about Cormier's kids or Chiesa's mom. If things like "explain to your kids" and "his mom has tickets" sets you off, that means you're way too sensitive, IMO.

If you were aware of both then I don't know where you come off calling them sensitive. I think that's flat out ridiculous.

Nothing sets people off like disrespecting their family, especially their kids or mothers. It just ain't gonna go down like that with no repercussions, and if you don't get that, that's fine, but I vehemently disagree.

Right now I'd say it's definitely between DJ and Aldo for GOAT status, but Joanna is the female GOAT. If she had grappling skills on DJ's level she'd be a contender the GOAT, but damn, she's still so damn impressive.

If you were aware of both then I don't know where you come off calling them sensitive. I think that's flat out ridiculous.

Nothing sets people off like disrespecting their family, especially their kids or mothers. It just ain't gonna go down like that with no repercussions, and if you don't get that, that's fine, but I vehemently disagree.

Jones was being disrespectful... Of Cormier. Not his kids.

The Chiesa thing wasn't disrespectful of anyone really.

Merely mentioning a name does not mean you're disrespecting the person being named. The stance that it does is pretty stupid tbh.

Right now I'd say it's definitely between DJ and Aldo for GOAT status, but Joanna is the female GOAT. If she had grappling skills on DJ's level she'd be a contender the GOAT, but damn, she's still so damn impressive.

Aldo? That dude on a 1 fight win streak? Yeah, definitely the GOAT.

Because Cormier's kids and Chiesa's mother weren't disrespected at all. They were casually brought up into conversation. They are sensitive about it. We can agree to disagree.

Average time to get a blue belt is 3 years. I've seen a couple people get them in a year but that's basically by training non stop and competing. Most blues I've asked have said 3 years

It also varies greatly depending on the teacher.

I'd say...

1-3 blue

3-6 purple

5-9 brown

10+ black

Though full time training and natural talent can have a huge effect on these numbers, like with BJ getting his in five.

Jones was being disrespectful... Of Cormier. Not his kids.

The Chiesa thing wasn't disrespectful of anyone really.

Merely mentioning a name does not mean you're disrespecting the person being named. The stance that it does is pretty stupid tbh.

Because Cormier's kids and Chiesa's mother weren't disrespected at all. They were casually brought up into conversation. They are sensitive about it. We can agree to disagree.

Don't talk about people's family. How hard is this to grasp? DC hates Jones, he's lost a daughter, he's extremely protective of the family he has left, and he will not tolerate some cokehead with a DUI that nearly killed a woman and her unborn child to even mention his kids. Their quarrel is between the two of them, not their families. End of.

Same shit goes for Chiesa.

I ain't gonna repeat it beyond that. If you think people are being too sensitive when people talk about their family disrespectfully, then fuck it, hope you don't do it and face the consequences.

Aldo? That dude on a 1 fight win streak? Yeah, definitely the GOAT.

Stop it.

Kevin Lee rustling some jimmies on reddit and YouTube. People acting like he copying Conor's style when Conor been emulating black culture his entire career. It's bullshit.

Don't talk about people's family. How hard is this to grasp? DC hates Jones, he's lost a daughter, he's extremely protective of the family he has left, and he will not tolerate some cokehead with a DUI that nearly killed a woman and her unborn child to even mention his kids. Their quarrel is between the two of them, not their families. End of.

Same shit goes for Chiesa.

I ain't gonna repeat it beyond that. If you think people are being too sensitive when people talk about their family disrespectfully, then fuck it, hope you don't do it and face the consequences.

Talk about their families is different than what happened. There was nothing disrespectful that was said, both guys - Chiesa and Cormier - were both way too sensitive. You ain't gotta repeat yourself, we already agreed to disagree.

Kevin Lee rustling some jimmies on reddit and YouTube. People acting like he copying Conor's style when Conor been emulating black culture his entire career. It's bullshit.

What exactly is Conor copying thats exclusive to black culture?

Everything about Lee in that conference was embarassing. Atleast now I got a good reason to root against him.

aldo cant be the GOAT. In the biggest fight of his career he got KOd in 13 sec

Conor wasn't the biggest fight in Aldo's career. Aldo was the biggest fight in Conor's at the time (surpassed now by the Nick Diaz rematch and soon to be surpassed by the Mayweather clown show).

There's a difference. Because Conor's run wasn't cemented until after the Aldo KO.

Top Bottom